We lost the Do or Die game. Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    When was the last time we were this close to elimination in the first round of qualifiers?
    Angolan tire

Comment

all i want to know is, how did japan end up with this jokingly easy of a group:

Japan
      Kyrgyzstan
      Tajikistan
      Mongolia
      Myanmar

i mean WTH?????

Comment

Ranking of runner-up teams
        Pos Grp Team[ vte ] Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts Qualification
        1 E Oman 4 3 0 1 10 4 +6 9 Third round and Asian Cup
        2 C Bahrain 4 2 2 0 3 1 +2 8
        3 A China PR 4 2 1 1 13 2 +11 7
        4 B Jordan 3 2 1 0 5 1 +4 7
        5 G Thailand 4 2 1 1 6 3 +3 7 Third round and Asian Cup or Asian Cup qualifying third round[a]
        6 H Lebanon 4 2 1 1 5 3 +2 7 Asian Cup qualifying third round
        7 F Kyrgyzstan 4 2 0 2 9 4 +5 6
        8 D Uzbekistan 4 2 0 2 10 6 +4 6

Third round depends on Qatar winning their group or not. If they do, there will be 5 teams going through.
        Above teams are 2nd in there groups as of this moment and sadly we aren't even here.
        Last edited by rezabmehr; 11-14-2019, 10:30 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

When was the last time we were this close to elimination in the first round of qualifiers?
          2006 was pretty close. We had to beat Qatar and Jordan to go to 2nd round

Comment

We need a good axe in the team. Coach - Captain - Goalkeeper - central defenders and middlefield and striker. We have no quality middlefielders anymore. No Nekounam, Teymourin nobody else..

yes with CQ and good preperation we could transfer Ebrahimi, Amiri and co. to good fighters for last year world cup, but now they are not in form, and older than before, and they are not mid 20s! We have not these kind of WC players anymore, specially not with two training seassions and next day is match day....with 3 months preparation is something else..

We have no middlefield, specially central. we play with 8 players with Azmoun and shojaei starting. Azmoun is nothing, he runs on the pitch as he is listening to Craig david song "i am walking away"....and with shojaei we are lost....
            World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
            sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
            If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
            -

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
              We basically have to get 10 points from the next 4 matches. Beat HK, Cambodia, and Bahrain and tie Iraq at home. Should be enough for 2nd place.
              not correct, not all the 2nd placed teams go through, only best 4 i think it is, but not all

and 10pts won't be enough
              Darius Syrossian Artist page >
              https://www.instagram.com/DARIUS_SYROSSIAN/

Other links
              Beatport > https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/...rius_syrossian

Comment

Originally posted by D P P View Post
                not correct, not all the 2nd placed teams go through, only best 4 i think it is, but not all
                and 10pts won't be enough
                BEST 5, IF QATAR WINNING THEIR GROUP.

Comment

ITS VERY FUNNY BUT THE SAUDI ARABIA WIN AGAINST UZBEKISTAN WAS VERY GOOD RESULT FOR IRAN.

Comment

Originally posted by allan123 View Post
                    ITS VERY FUNNY BUT THE SAUDI ARABIA WIN AGAINST UZBEKISTAN WAS VERY GOOD RESULT FOR IRAN.
                    How? They are in a completely different group..
                    #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                      How? They are in a completely different group..
                      It helps us if we assume Saudi blows the group out from now and we compete with Uzbekistan for the top 2nd place spots

Comment

Back to playing somali pirates

Comment

We must win all 4 games the last 2 are key Bahrain drew helped us a lot in 2006 we also didn’t make it but. I agree we are poor more like shut

Comment

Who could forget those 2 games against Qatar and Jordan

Back when we had heroic players that saved us. That is what we are missing is that one guy that can change things out of nowhere. Gucci was good in that sense, but this new bunch only Ghoddos i see like that and he is going thru his BS now

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                              Who could forget those 2 games against Qatar and Jordan

Back when we had heroic players that saved us. That is what we are missing is that one guy that can change things out of nowhere. Gucci was good in that sense, but this new bunch only Ghoddos i see like that and he is going thru his BS now
                              Interestingly enough he’ll back by then... did you just fore... The Ghoddos prophecy...

Comment

I don't like this best four runner ups thing, why not have a play off between the eight runners up to decide the final four places.

Comment

Working...
                                X