This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
    1. Do you prefer top local coaches like Daei, Ghalenoei, Yahya, Jalal, etc. or Wilmots?
    2. Do you prefer top local coaches like Daei, Ghalenoei, Yahya, Jalal, etc. or Branko and Stramaccioni?
    I would go for a good local coach, i.e. Yahya or Daei.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      LOOOL....all you are trying to do is to bring up the preliminary round against the final round. and it doesn't matter if the outcome would be the same, only that we would have been eliminated sooner in 2006.

It's not a competition about who would get eliminated first! It's about elimination. Period! Something that you don't want to accept.
      Is the achievement of India and Belgium equal in the past few years? Neither one of them won the 2018 World Cup and both were eliminated before doing so.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

LOOOL....all you are trying to do is to bring up the preliminary round against the final round.
        ROFLMAO that a very simple point - which is the topic of the discussion - has gone completely over your head. Pointing out how TM faced the prospect of preliminary round elimination in one WCQ campaign, and distinguishing how this was not the case in another WCQ campaign is a key distinction. But of course, you don't want to admit or acknowledge this difference, which is why you are nonsensically spewing hot air, and desperately trying to change the subject by sidetracking into the irrelevant topic of whether we would have been subsequently eliminated at some point down the line, without recognizing how in '06, there would have been no further opportunity to play any further matches against any opponent by virtue of preliminary round elimination.

and it doesn't matter if the outcome would be the same, only that we would have been eliminated sooner in 2006.
        No, it does matter because TM did not need to rely upon the heroics of any individual players to survive preliminary round elimination in the '14 WCQs, which was not the case in '06 where we needed to rely upon the sublime performance of the #3 goal scorer of the Bundesliga ('03-'04 season), and a glorious Nikbakht header. Being in a situation in which you need to rely upon individual heroics just to advance from a preliminary round of WCQs is just embarrassing. In contrast, the team that qualified to Brasil did not face this situation in the preliminary round, but you are trying to muddy up, distract attention away from this fact, and conceal this distinction and cover for -br-AN-G0H by making irrelevant references to Uruguay. What does it say about the abilities and competence of the team's coach when he needs to rely upon the individual brilliance of certain players just to survive elimination from the preliminary round of WCQs?

It's not a competition about who would get eliminated first! It's about elimination. Period! Something that you don't want to accept.
        and no...I don't belittle CQ's achievements. No coach has ever been as good for us as CQ. but what I'm trying to say is, the situation you try to bring upon Branko (he was saved by heroic of our players), can happen to any coach, even our best coach, CQ! So the argument is not valid.
        It's clear you don't even read my posts, and you are more interested in trying to have the last word simply for the sake of having the last word, no matter how nonsensical or incoherent, period! There was a big difference between the WCQ campaigns for Brasil and Germany. For Germany, we needed to rely upon individual heroics just to survive preliminary round elimination. This was not the case for Brasil, as TM advanced from its preliminary WCQ with ease, and without needing to rely upon any individual heroics. You are refusing to acknowledge this key factual distinction between the campaigns, and your irrelevant references to Uruguay, and speculation as to whether or not we would have subsequently been eliminated is nothing but a sorry attempt on your part to distract attention away from the point at issue.
        Zendebahd Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          I would go for a good local coach, i.e. Yahya or Daei.
          Kiarash, although you may dislike Mayeli kohan but he was right in his interview one week before Iraq game. He said Masoud Shojaei should be retired from TM. This is better for TM and himself. He said Shojaei have always been invited to the national team in the past 1-2 years but he was either on the bench or got playing time only in last 5 minutes. He only got more than 5 minutes against Cambodia. With this situation, It would be better a young player like Ghaedi sits on the bench instead of him especially Shojaei does not need to gain more experience. He said he is not against inviting older than 34 years old players to the national team as long as they can be reliable and useful against stronger oppositions. The last time Shojaei got decent playing time against a really strong opponent, It was against Morocco where he was substituted after 60 minutes. In that game, he was one of the weakest playes who gave several wrong passes that could cost Iran in that game. It is better for him to retire like what Nekounam and Montazeri did at age 34 right after the AC. He also said several other players should not be called up anymore. Here is the link:

https://www.rivistasport.com/%D9%85%...9%D9%86%D8%AF/

Mayeli Kohan said after Iraq game did not I say Shojaei should be retired soon? He also said It was more Wilmot's fault who should not have even invited Shojaei. He also said at least 40% of the current TM players should say goodbye to the national team. Probably he meant the likes of Rezaeian, Hajsafi, Pouraliganji, Dejagah, Ansarifard, Amiri, etc. Here is the link:

https://www.neshanonline.com/%D8%A8%...88%D8%AA%D8%B3

Comment

Not sure how credible this is. I won’t take it too serious though:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5hr-W2F...d=p164dpxr4ier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

wow so many beachside LA/OC peeps here lol Playa/manhattan beach here

Comment

Apparently he's still the coach...

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                  Not sure how credible this is. I won’t take it too serious though:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5hr-W2F...d=p164dpxr4ier

The coach we deserve.

Comment

Seriously even Iran U20 headcoach Sirous Pourmousavi did better job than Marc Wilmots at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                      wow so many beachside LA/OC peeps here lol Playa/manhattan beach here
                      And what that’s supposed to mean? Generalizing is a sign of ignorance!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                        And what that’s supposed to mean? Generalizing is a sign of ignorance!

Is there a reason why you quoted me? because I don't see a reason as to why you should have.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                          Is there a reason why you quoted me? because I don't see a reason as to why you should have.
                          Apologies. I happened not to have read the other posters comments prior to yours at the time I quoted you. Misunderstanding your point [emoji846][emoji1317]

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
                            Kiarash, although you may dislike Mayeli kohan but he was right in his interview one week before Iraq game. He said Masoud Shojaei should be retired from TM. This is better for TM and himself. He said Shojaei have always been invited to the national team in the past 1-2 years but he was either on the bench or got playing time only in last 5 minutes. He only got more than 5 minutes against Cambodia. With this situation, It would be better a young player like Ghaedi sits on the bench instead of him especially Shojaei does not need to gain more experience. He said he is not against inviting older than 34 years old players to the national team as long as they can be reliable and useful against stronger oppositions. The last time Shojaei got decent playing time against a really strong opponent, It was against Morocco where he was substituted after 60 minutes. In that game, he was one of the weakest playes who gave several wrong passes that could cost Iran in that game. It is better for him to retire like what Nekounam and Montazeri did at age 34 right after the AC. He also said several other players should not be called up anymore. Here is the link:
                            https://www.rivistasport.com/%D9%85%...9%D9%86%D8%AF/
                            Mayeli Kohan said after Iraq game did not I say Shojaei should be retired soon? He also said It was more Wilmot's fault who should not have even invited Shojaei. He also said at least 40% of the current TM players should say goodbye to the national team. Probably he meant the likes of Rezaeian, Hajsafi, Pouraliganji, Dejagah, Ansarifard, Amiri, etc. Here is the link:
                            https://www.neshanonline.com/%D8%A8%...88%D8%AA%D8%B3
                            TBF, this is not a revolutionary concept. Players that cannot contribute to TM, have had consistently subpar performances, have gone back to qatar, etc should be phased out. Of all the players you mentioned only PAG is capable of currently contributing to TM. I would include dejagah if and when he is fully fit which is rare at this stage. A fully fit Ansarifard, Hajsafi, Shojaei, Amiri add very little to our team right not, if anything at all. Maybe hajsafi could be retained because of his versatility for a bit longer, but he has been one of the absolute worst. I am in full agreement that like of moharrami, Ghaedi potentially, noorafkan, etc should be integrated to TM.

Comment

What a low life this Vilmots turned out to be. He is getting 3.5 Million a year yet he does not give a shit if his team succeeds or not. Any other decent individual would be in Iran right now working hard try to solve all the problems and put the team back on course. No wonder he was a failure at all of his past jobs. Seriously, what competent coach fails to qualify a team like Ivory Coast to the last WC ??

And there is a special place in hell reserved for all those responsible for putting this Clown in charge.

Comment

Why has Wilmots not been fired yet?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X