Iran Submits Bid to Host 2027 Asian Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
    It will be an amazing opportunity to improve the country's football infrastructure and take it to a new level. Having said that, the power of markets and advertising will not allow it. Hejaab and still restricting women's stadium attendance is minor considering the power of alcoholic beverages sponsorship and the revenue for the AFC. Add to that the fact that all the sanctions have made integration of Iran and international financial systems very problematic. Specifically, you can not easily use a Visa (or any other major) credit cards in Iran. Tourists have to carry a lot of cash and it is a big problem. Even if this last one is resolved with the new Biden Administration in the US (and that's still a big if), the other first couple of issues will still be in the way. It's very unlikely for Iran to win this bid. I hope to be made wrong here .
    Just trying to imagine Japanese football fans/tourists trying to exchange their Yen to bucket loads of Rial to buy some bastani. You're right, it would never work.

Comment

This regime is Anti-People, Anti-Drinking/Fun and Anti-Women, so how could they invite the world or whole Asia to our country? is this a world punishment competition or what?? nobody will accept it or show up, so I don't think they are fool enough to give it to the IR for major competitions as this one.
      Last edited by webmaster; 11-15-2020, 08:20 PM.
      __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
      We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
        This regime is Anti-People, Anti-Drinking/Fun and Anti-Women, so how could they invite the world or whole Asia to our country? is this a world punishment competition or what?? nobody will accept it or show up, so I don't think they are fool enough to give it to the IR for major competitions as this one.
        Guess we'll have to stick with hosting volleyball.

Comment

^ yeah small competitions where not so many people attend BUT the Asian cup where at least 50,000-100,000 attend would be out of questions knowing the AFC.
          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

Comment

This would be great opportunity for fifa to shut down IR. They have to obey all international laws if they get to host it.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
              This would be great opportunity for fifa to shut down IR. They have to obey all international laws if they get to host it.
              Iran didn't host ACL since decades, they didn't conform to international standards either

Comment

?????? change your translator bro. Cuz thats not even related to my comment.
                Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                Iran didn't host ACL since decades, they didn't conform to international standards either

Comment

iran have to many issues and will not get votes, my guess will be saudi, they are opening thier country up, they see the asian cup a good platform to merge football and tourism

Comment

In comparison to the other Asian Cup bid books, Iran's bid book doesn't look as professional/presentable. That bid book is not going to help their case.

Comment

This is AFC. All that matters is how many green bills are in each copy of that book they send to the committees.

Comment

Yes I'm sure Asian tourists are dying to bring their wives and children to Iran to have them pepper sprayed.
                        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                          Yes I'm sure Asian tourists are dying to bring their wives and children to Iran to have them pepper sprayed.
                          Let’s be honest - no one really travels for the Asian cup except a few Iranians here and there.

Also we’ve all see it - foreign fans are treated way better than Iranian fans in the stadium by authorities. Women get to come to the stadium. Iranian ones can’t because some Akhoond’s blood pressure may rise.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            Let’s be honest - no one really travels for the Asian cup except a few Iranians here and there.

Also we’ve all see it - foreign fans are treated way better than Iranian fans in the stadium by authorities. Women get to come to the stadium. Iranian ones can’t because some Akhoond’s blood pressure may rise.
                            We know that, they don't. They just know what's on the news and that will be enough to keep anyone from voting for us.
                            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Hahahaha AFC ham goozid vaseye Iran. Does IR seriously believe they stand a chance against countries, where people can enjoy basic freedoms? IR is a joke.

Agree. No one in his right mind would give such a big event to a backward, jangali regime like IR. Not even with billions of bribes this would work out. I mean who wants to go through all that trouble to watch some Asian football?

Comment

LMAOOOOOO THE AUDACITY IR HAS

Comment

Working...
                                X