Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see why Shoja is getting so much hate.

I know he isn't the greatest CB. Far from it. But the amount of hatred does not correspond to his actual performance
    He does make the odd mistake here and there. Just as almost any decent defender does.
    But he has improved from what he was 2-3 years back.

Also he seems to be in sync (pun not intended) with Kanaani and they seem to red each other's game well (for Iranian standards at least).
    He also has decent pace. For a CB.
    If he tempers his aggression and keeps hi focus, he isn't half bad.

I also see lot of PPL bring up PAG.
    But when was the last time he played football? How is his form TODAY ... Not what he was 3-4 years back?
    I haven't seen him play since 3 years or more back.
    I cannot say he deserves to start based on that.

Hosseini however seems to be regaining his form. And if he reaches his peak of 2 years ago, then he has a decent claim as Kanaani's partner. But we also have to consider their chemistry.

The point is let's temper our criticism of Shoja. He has matured from his brash, idiotic past.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
      I know he isn't the greatest CB. Far from it. But the amount of hatred does not correspond to his actual performance
      He does make the odd mistake here and there. Just as almost any decent defender does.
      Also he seems to be in sync (pun not intended) with Kanaani and they seem to red each other's game well (for Iranian standards at least).
      But when was the last time he played football? How is his form TODAY ... Not what he was 3-4 years back?
      Hosseini however seems to be regaining his form. And if he reaches his peak of 2 years ago, then he has a decent claim as Kanaani's partner. But we also have to consider their chemistry.
      The point is let's temper our criticism of Shoja. He has matured from his brash, idiotic past.
      Same goes for Beiranvand, Ghaedi, Hajisafi and many other players we have/have had. either you are fantastic or you should be left in the desert without water if you come colose to a football field again..

Nourollahi is another example, suddenly great now since his goal but before that he was bashed and hated in a horrible way, as the other players mentioned aswell.. crap and should never be close to TM..
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Guys..I'll be there in doha for the games . Are we expecting full house Irani crowds In qatar?

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
          Same goes for Beiranvand, Ghaedi, Hajisafi and many other players we have/have had. either you are fantastic or you should be left in the desert without water if you come colose to a football field again..

Nourollahi is another example, suddenly great now since his goal but before that he was bashed and hated in a horrible way, as the other players mentioned aswell.. crap and should never be close to TM..
          Jahanbakhsh and Gholizadeh are in and out of the list as well depending on their last performance....

Comment

Merooj is officially selling Team Melli gear on their website as of today. Head over to majidshop.ir
            'Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts.”

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post
              Guys..I'll be there in doha for the games . Are we expecting full house Irani crowds In qatar?
              Dont know ... however hard i try i just can't get as hyped as i do usually for wc, due to tokhmy hosting country..!!
              if i can sort my irani passport and paperwork by the time games roll around,? so i can make it a combo trip to iran/kish/gutter then i'll be there too..!

either way, just can't get myself to seriously commit to this trip yet... . probably will wait it out till last possible moment..? see how COVID affects the trip and i just dont see them selling out tickets ...considering kiri destination and unpredictability of the constantly evolving Covid and high prices of everything there.!!?

Comment

I have two main issues with him. Firstly, he gives away really silly fouls. The one that always gets me is when he climbs on top of the striker for a header when the striker has their back to goal, and turns a “nothing” long ball into a dangerous free kick. This is a big no no for centre backs, particularly playing weak opposition, where they would rely on set pieces to score. He didn’t do it against Iraq but did it in almost every one of the games prior. The second is he often takes too many touches and gets himself into trouble. He is generally fairly poor with ball at his feet, and due to our lack of CMs, our centre backs need to do way more play making from the back. Now, Hosseini is not perfect. My main issue with Hosseini is his positioning. He is one of those players who will make heroic slides or interceptions (and they look good), but it is usually because he is out of position. He also gives away silly penalties and fouls as a result - but his playmaking and composure is far better than Shoja. Anyway, the point is - we should try other players like Yazdani now that qualification has been secured.

Comment

I don’t have the time to dig up the film for you unfortunately but in almost every game, between he and kanani, they have had multiple very bad positioning and gotten beaten on counters that lead to a legit scoring chance for the opposition, misplace a pass that doesn’t need to be played resulting in a dangerous chance for the opposition, and really suck at having any kind of aerial presence both offensively and defensively.

PAG up until the time he has gotten injured has been much more steady, consistent and reliable in the back and doesn’t have those same mishaps you see from kanani and shoja game in, game out. They’re there for you to see if you rewatch the games and clear as day, you can’t miss it.
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Latest interview with PAG. Sounds like the decision to go to China and being in long quarantines contributed to him being out of shape and then he was pressured to play when he was not ready and he sustained the injury. He is still 1.5 to 2 months away from being match ready. https://video.varzesh3.com/video/245...6%D8%AC%DB%8C/

Go TM!

Comment

https://www.persianleague.com/16142-...22-berth-video
                      Minute 2:27 of the VIDEO. Bad pass by Shoja which was the first step for Iraq creating a chance. And then watch at 2:32 where Shoja can’t even clear the ball. This could’ve been a 1st minute goal by Iraq which would’ve changed the whole game. Now imagine this kind of Bi’orzeh bazi in a WC match.

Minute 15:02 of the match = embarrassing mistake which led to a corner kick. He could’ve easily passed the ball to Amir.

Minute 40:35 of the match = Slow reaction by Shoja which led to a freekick from a dangerous position. If an average Iraqi is too fast for him, what is he going to do against the likes of Sane, Neymar and Mbappe?

Minute 62:42 of the match = he couldn’t defend again and let Aymen Hussein shoot. Just look how clumsy he always looks when he tries to defend.

Minute 73:51 of the match = Once again, look how clumsy he is when he tries to clear the ball. We almost conceded a goal again.

Minute 1:43:47 of the VIDEO = No comment, at this point, it just shows that he doesn’t belong in TM. Embarrassing mistakes like this could not only cost us the game but also destroy the whole team’s confidence and motivation for the next matches. If a defender struggles with the basics, then he simply doesn’t deserve to play for a national team that wants to qualify for the round of 16.

Minute 1:45:15 of the VIDEO = Low IQ move by Shoja. Look how he fouls the opponent player. You can’t do that in such a dangerous position!!! It could even led to a red card! Look how even Jahanbakhsh walks towards him and criticizes Shoja for such a brainless foul. (1:45:34)

If all of these proofs are not enough, then I can even show more mistakes from the Syria game. Shoja is definitely NOT a TM material. I am glad he misses the next match, so that we can test Yazdani.

Comment

From team melli instagram.
                        looks like they have Kaananis back
                        https://www.instagram.com/p/CZZ7agaDLeq/

funny detail, they uploaded pictures with uhlsport but we have now changed to merooj..
                        anyway, its great that our TM releases so many nice videos and pictures, makes it much more fun to follow them between the games.

more pics
                        https://www.instagram.com/teammellifootball/
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlRj-MMwpis
                          interesting program and guests!
                          #Aziz Khadem talks about Kish and world cup,
                          # TM friendlies
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I like Shoja as a person, I really do. But if you’ve watched team Mellis last 4-5 matches as well as Al-Rayyan matches you’ll notice that there is genuinely one player that stands out in an awful way, with very little composure, technical abilities, poor positioning, bad passing and giveaways, as well as not really being wreck-less in giving away free kicks in dangerous positions. He has decent pace but he’s 32 and is a guy who should’ve been phased out.. yet he’s phased into the team? 😂 while guys like Omid Ebrahimi are dropped?

Majid Hosseini has a much much higher ceiling and is starting to get into better form. I would be very surprised to see him on the bench instead of Shoja in the next few months leading up to the WC.. PAG is also our most consistent CB but I agree let’s see how he’s feeling post ACL

Comment

golbezanpodcast.com
                              twitter.com/GolBezan
                              instagram.com/GolBezan
                              youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Working...
                                X