This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
    I got rejected for same application as yours. Just curious, how much are the flight tickets? Are you checking separately or through fifa? Apparently they plan on having more flights allocated to doha and will offer better deals through fifa website
    I did a quick search for flights, nothing too extensive, from google flights.

Flights from Philadelphia to Doha ~$2000ea on Nov 19 and returning about 2 weeks later.
    Flights from Philadelphia to Dubai ~$850ea on Nov 19 and returning about 2 weeks later.

Im really intrigued by renting a car and just making the drive. Biggest issue would be finding a rental car that allows border crossing.

I haven't found any information about cheaper flights through FIFA. I'm guessing its because I haven't paid for the tickets yet. Which I don't want to do until I find out if I can actually afford to get there.
    #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
      Wow, first time I've ever been unsuccessful for a world cup ticket application at this stage of balloting (TST6, TST7, TST6 for 2006,2014 and 2018!) and no problems with other people I knew.

Both my application and those of my relatives were unsuccessful
      My first year trying to go to world cup and maybe the most competitive for Iran. I really regret not going to Russia!

Comment

Do you think iranians will flood qatar wc stadiums?

I thought it would be the case in Germany (Mexicans were much more there) or sweden (during sweden/iran) where the stadium wasn't full capacity

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
          I did a quick search for flights, nothing too extensive, from google flights.
          Flights from Philadelphia to Doha ~$2000ea on Nov 19 and returning about 2 weeks later.
          Flights from Philadelphia to Dubai ~$850ea on Nov 19 and returning about 2 weeks later.
          Im really intrigued by renting a car and just making the drive. Biggest issue would be finding a rental car that allows border crossing.
          I haven't found any information about cheaper flights through FIFA. I'm guessing its because I haven't paid for the tickets yet. Which I don't want to do until I find out if I can actually afford to get there.
          Yeah I would wait and see if fifa drops more info. Separately buying flight tickets is too expensive. I’m pretty sure fifa tries to make Qatar offer hotels and flight at a ‘reasonable’ price

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            Do you think iranians will flood qatar wc stadiums?
            I thought it would be the case in Germany (Mexicans were much more there) or sweden (during sweden/iran) where the stadium wasn't full capacity
            Yes they absolutely will. Didn’t a ton of Iranians go to Russia? I expect so many Iranians to attend Qatar, it’s gonna be crazy

Comment

I've always been a little disappointed personally

France had too much MKO scattered within the attendance and it was the first WC in a while.

In Germany there were more Mexicans than Iranians and the stadium was drowned out by their noise. There were hardly any iranian fans in the Angola game... no atmosphere

In Brazil it was fun but Iranian fans were a minority in all three games (and against Bosnia there were more locals supporting Iran than Iranians), but still made ourselves heard very well. doo doo doo doo was nice and loud.

In Russia again there were fewer than I thought for all three games. A lot of the fans in the stadium were locals so the whole experience was diluted...

Still hoping for a world cup with a real Iranian attendance and atmosphere

Comment

France had too much MKO scattered within the attendance and it was the first WC in a while.

In Germany there were more Mexicans than Iranians and the stadium was drowned out by their noise. There were hardly any iranian fans in the Angola game... no atmosphere

In Brazil it was fun but Iranian fans were a minority in all three games (and against Bosnia there were more locals supporting Iran than Iranians), but still made ourselves heard very well. doo doo doo doo was nice and loud.

In Russia again there were fewer than I thought for all three games. A lot of the fans in the stadium were locals so the whole experience was diluted...

Germany have a huge Iranian community and normally wealthy. If they didn't fill the stadium then why would be the case considering the expensive travel to qatar (from Europe, usa, Australia) and knowing the travel from Iran to qatar could be too expensive for iranians in Iran?

Comment

Many Iranians are very g*shad when it comes to attending such games. Especially the crowd that has left Iran

Comment

Russia was quite full with Iranians in my opinion. When my brother and I arrived at our hotel, there were a few iranian guys from shomal that were preparing ghormesabzi in their room. They brought a whole suitcase filled with rice, ghormesabzi etc. And on the streets of saint petersburg it felt like every second person was Iranian. After the Morocco game i saw at least a few thousand of us celebrating outside of the stadium. Qatar is gonna be full with Iranians due to proximity to Iran and also us fans from Europe, USA etc that really believe in the teams qualities this time around 😄 will be great, can‘t wait for the event to start

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      Many Iranians are very g*shad when it comes to attending such games. Especially the crowd that has left Iran
                      The entire country is such a huge disappointment that some people are feeling very detached from their roots. Blame the regime and the shitstorm that they created, not the people.

Sadly, TM suffers because of this.
                      "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

when is fifa realsing first come first sevre tickets for all unsold tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                          The entire country is such a huge disappointment that some people are feeling very detached from their roots. Blame the regime and the shitstorm that they created, not the people.

Sadly, TM suffers because of this.
                          I don't know. Same people show up for a concert if some singer is going to f**t.

I think in general we have less football fans then we think in the diaspora.
                          I mean sometimes I talk to Iranians outside of Iran and they think Daei is still playing !

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            I don't know. Same people show up for a concert if some singer is going to f**t.

I think in general we have less football fans then we think in the diaspora.
                            I mean sometimes I talk to Iranians outside of Iran and they think Daei is still playing !
                            They all get hyped and back into it when World Cup comes around but I agree. Not a lot of people like us waking up 4 am to watch WCQ. A lot of younger Iranians are now so anti Iran that they actively root against Iranian team because they say it represents government.

Do we have separate thread for tickets? That would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                              They all get hyped and back into it when World Cup comes around but I agree. Not a lot of people like us waking up 4 am to watch WCQ. A lot of younger Iranians are now so anti Iran that they actively root against Iranian team because they say it represents government.

Do we have separate thread for tickets? That would be great.
                              The damage done by the regime is generational and will take a generation or two to recoup.
                              "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Again, I don't know.
                                We have always had weird types outside of Iran.
                                Iran-France in 1977, a day before the game some Iranian leftists went and destroyed the field. Bikaran kheylia.

Comment

Working...
                                X