Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Procedures are out. If Iran wins out and we get some help, particularly with the playoffs, looks to be a decent shot at Pot 2!:

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/men...22-tm-released

"As hosts, Qatar will take position A1 from Pot 1, where they will be joined by the seven highest-ranked qualified teams from the FIFA/Coca-Cola Men’s World Ranking.

The countries occupying positions 8-15 in the ranking of the qualified teams will be allocated to Pot 2, while the 16th-23rd best-ranked qualifiers will be placed in Pot 3. Finally, Pot 4 will include the qualified teams in positions 24 to 28, plus three placeholders representing the two winners of the intercontinental play-offs and the remaining UEFA play-off winner. "

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post
      Guys.. if japan win both their next games. We lose to korea and beat lebanon. Will we maintain number 1 in Asia?
      Japan will be (1549.82 + 11 + 5.48) = 1566.3

If iran lose against sk and win lebanon
      Iran will be ( 1579.89 - 13.7 + 5.27 ) = 1564.46

So the answer will be a BIG FAT NO .

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        Japan will be (1549.82 + 11 + 5.48) = 1566.3

If iran lose against sk and win lebanon
        Iran will be ( 1579.89 - 13.7 + 5.27 ) = 1564.46

So the answer will be a BIG FAT NO .
        oh shit. Will that put us in pot 4?

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post
          oh shit. Will that put us in pot 4?
          No i think pot 3 . But it also depends on how other teams do in their remaining matches.

Comment

If anyone knows, can we post what games are worth watching for Iran's chances for pot placement? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
              If anyone knows, can we post what games are worth watching for Iran's chances for pot placement? Thanks.
              Egypt - Senegal
              And any game in CONMEBOL that has Uruguay, Colombia and Peru.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                Egypt - Senegal
                And any game in CONMEBOL that has Uruguay, Colombia and Peru.
                What are the outcomes of these games that we should hope for in order to be in POT 2?
                #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                  What are the outcomes of these games that we should hope for in order to be in POT 2?
                  We should root for Egypt to win their game against Senegal, and for Uruguay, Colombia, and Peru to lose their games

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                    We should root for Egypt to win their game against Senegal, and for Uruguay, Colombia, and Peru to lose their games
                    Sorry I will root for Senegal

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                      Sorry I will root for Senegal
                      lol I mean, if you're doing that just because of some beef with CQ or something, just know that Senegal not qualifying significantly increases our chances of getting into Pot 2

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
                        Procedures are out. If Iran wins out and we get some help, particularly with the playoffs, looks to be a decent shot at Pot 2!:

"As hosts, Qatar will take position A1 from Pot 1, where they will be joined by the seven highest-ranked qualified teams from the FIFA/Coca-Cola Men’s World Ranking.

The countries occupying positions 8-15 in the ranking of the qualified teams will be allocated to Pot 2, while the 16th-23rd best-ranked qualifiers will be placed in Pot 3. Finally, Pot 4 will include the qualified teams in positions 24 to 28, plus three placeholders representing the two winners of the intercontinental play-offs and the remaining UEFA play-off winner. "
                        that means Italy/Portugal, Sweden/Czech all of these Playoff teams will automatically come to pot 4? if this is true it really doesnt matter so much if we end up in Pot 2 or 3 as chances are still high we draw a pot 4 Playoff team!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                          lol I mean, if you're doing that just because of some beef with CQ or something, just know that Senegal not qualifying significantly increases our chances of getting into Pot 2
                          Not only I want to avoid cq at the world cup but I want to avoid arab teams as much as possible as we spent the last 4 years playing arab teams non stop

Calculation about pot 2 are useless. Last time we were pot 3 (all other asian teams were pot4) and we got the worst draw

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                            Not only I want to avoid cq at the world cup but I want to avoid arab teams as much as possible as we spent the last 4 years playing arab teams non stop
                            Calculation about pot 2 are useless. Last time we were pot 3 (all other asian teams were pot4) and we got the worst draw
                            There is the Saudi/UAE/Bahrain axis of “arab” teams, which I hate playing. However, I don’t consider the North African Arab teams (Algeria, Egypt, Morocco) in the same nefarious league of evil. Would welcome playing any of them, especially Salah and CQ’s Egypt.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                              There is the Saudi/UAE/Bahrain axis of “arab” teams, which I hate playing. However, I don’t consider the North African Arab teams (Algeria, Egypt, Morocco) in the same nefarious league of evil. Would welcome playing any of them, especially Salah and CQ’s Egypt.
                              I don't do any distinction

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post

This is amazing news!!! I like it when FIFA makes decisions, unlike when AFC decides to do something!!! If we get pot 2 and avoid the one in eight chance of getting the Italy/Portugal winner, we should be golden. Especially if we get New Zealand!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X