This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we take a look to the perspective of our squad and position :
    *GK : it will be between beiro and abedzadeh based on form/performance. The 3rd GK should be Niazmand to discouraged players to stay in their confort zone (biggest Iranian football problem as we don't have the will or capacity to have world class development in Iran)

*RB : moharami is our best option but don't forget he is injury prone. Shoja can be an emergency option. We need to develop one or other alternative with Hardani, Esmailfar or else (missed the opportunity today)

*LB : Milmo should be crossed off, enough is enough. If 10 years of Europe lead to that, then let's move on until he can prove he is back.
    Naderi could be an option but I found him shaky the few times I saw him in Turkey. Need to be supervise to conclude he is TM material or not.
    I guess we are stuck with Nurafkan and Amiri, two options I don't like. Don't know if we have someone else that could emerge like teymourian in 2005.

*CB : kanaani is a must. Hosseini, Shoja follow. It remains to be seen if PAG can come back. We need at least two other alternatives as Hosseini and PAG are injured prone.
    Yazdani is out (mentality and playing in 2nd division).
    Aghasi and some other prospect?

*DM : hajsafi should be crossed off (or maybe just for LB?). Unfortunately, lazy Ezza is a must. Ebrahimi should be included. We badly need Salmani to emerge. Nour should only be considered for rotation. We need at least 2 or 3 prospect to fill the gap as Salmani, ali karimi and ezza are often out. Mehdipour can be an option. We need someone else too.

*Wingers : JB is our starter. Gholi should be a subersub until he stops his nonsense. Mohebi should be considered. Drop torabi and ghaedi until they put their career on track.

*Strikers and AM : not very concerned, azmoun, Taremi, Zahedi, Allahyar, ghoddos are the main option. Ansarifard, Rezaei, Alipour, hosseinzadeh as back up options.

Comment

I have so many thoughts, but just want to provide one simple one.

Mehdi and Sardar are by far our two best players. Other than them, the rest of the squad is very average (or below average). We have been relying on their brilliance to get by. Skocic isn't the best tactician, but he's only as good as the talent in front of him.

It will be much of the same in the WC, we will need to rely on Mehdi/Sardar to put up a respectable performance on the international stage.

Comment

In hindsight…I kind of wished the coaching staff would have treated this game more of a friendly, and gave newer players a chance, changed tactics, and used more subs throughout the game.

Skocic is inexperienced. He should have taken this opportunity experiment more, similar to the Bosnia game.

Comment

Iraq beat UAE and that makes the group interesting. SK must beat UAE to stay on top but they will have a tough game as UAE wants to finish 3rd. Likely result will be a draw. Iraq will very likely finish 3rd and face Australia. Not that it matters an iota whether we finish top or second. But it is highly likely we will be back to top by end of next game day.
          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic
          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Iraq beating UAE has at least made the last game day interesting with 3 teams going for 3rd place.

Comment

Ehsan messed up the dynamic of the game being selfish the first chance Iran had, if Iran scored that goal the energy would of been different. I ONLY BLAME EHSAN

Comment

Iran-Lebanon will be played without fans.
                Of course. Idiots.

South Korea the Corona capital of the world has a full stadium, yet we have to play against Lebanon in an open air stadium with no fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  Iran-Lebanon will be played without fans.
                  Of course. Idiots.

South Korea the Corona capital of the world has a full stadium, yet we have to play against Lebanon in an open air stadium with no fans.

At this point, IFF just doesn't want fans in the stadiums so they can avoid allowing women in the stadiums not to make our dear mullahs upset. In addition, it's easier to spend less money having these games be done with no fans. I'm sure someone is making some $$$ from it.

Funny that IFF didn't do jack $hit trying to get Fifa to intervene and have our match against SK be held without fans. It's so sad and yet laughable.

Comment

I think several PFDC forum members had predicted that if the match is held in Mashhad they won't have any fans to avoid allowing women in the stadium. IR's anti-women nature is the main reason for this since COVID-19 situation in Iran is significantly better than Korea and Europe who are filling up their stadiums. They want to avoid another run-in with FIFA on the issue. So why hold the match in another city any way if there are no fans?

Go TM!

Comment

TM has landed in Mashhad - the camp in Mashhad begins! Fingers crossed it’s a positive experience for TM so they can continue to utilize other cities that deserve TM appearances
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Want to make one point before I go to sleep, let me know if you guys agree or disagree: Our first leg performance against South Korea was even more disappointing considering the circumstances

Sure, we drew the first match 1-1, but keep in mind:

-We played in Tehran. Home field advantage in rivalries is a big difference factor in which team wins
                        -We had key players available (Taremi, Azmoun, Ezatolahi, Moharrami)

Today we:
                        -gave up a fluke goal from a shot that Abedzadeh would save 99 out of 100 times
                        -played in a PACKED Seoul stadium
                        -Had an early chance from Hajsafi that he gave away cheaply
                        -Missed 5 key players
                        -Lost our RB to injury in the 30th minute

That being said, the coaching and squad selection in today's match was worse. Hajsafi should be no where near team melli, Noorafkan should play LB or sit on the bench, and Gholami is as much of a right back as he is a striker (hint: he's neither).

Comment

Impressive that Mehdi is still the leader despite missing the SK match

Comment

I guess Italy is now free for a friendly (it was a rumor)! North Macedonia, Russia, Turkey, Mali friendlies should be doable.

If the tournament with brazil spain japan isn't real, try at least to milk our relation with Bayat to get a friendly with belgium.

We should... No we must also get friendlies during non fifa date for our domestic players.

Comment

I doubt anyone will play Russia though... Including Iran

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X