This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    This is where Dragan is lacking. He’s a yes-man to IFF and has never demanded more than TM is given (to my knowledge). CQ was essentially standing in a soap box with a blow horn yelling about the plan he needs in place before the WC, including friendlies. He submitted a PowerPoint to IFF and made it public. I only hear radio silence from Dragan.
    Just because one man aired his laundry while another kept it private doesn't mean Skocic isn't trying. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes. These assumptions about Skocic is unfair. We won't know till we know. Skocic may be less of a bull in a China shop.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      Just because one man aired his laundry while another kept it private doesn't mean Skocic isn't trying. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes. These assumptions about Skocic is unfair. We won't know till we know. Skocic may be less of a bull in a China shop.
      I hardly think demanding a plan for our national team is “airing laundry”. Also, by your logic, Dragan could be sitting at his home eating chelo kabak everyday until the World Cup, with us headed to certain elimination without any preparation, and we would never be the wiser. Demanding a coherent plan from our head coach (even if IFF can’t deliver), is hardly asking him to be a bull in a China shop.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        I hardly think demanding a plan for our national team is “airing laundry”. Also, by your logic, Dragan could be sitting at his home eating chelo kabak everyday until the World Cup, with us headed to certain elimination without any preparation, and we would never be the wiser. Demanding a coherent plan from our head coach (even if IFF can’t deliver), is hardly asking him to be a bull in a China shop.
        We know he's not sitting at home. See the photos with him at training. Not revealing your plan before WC could be smart so opponents don't get an advantage over you. Everyone has their own strategy. Skocic delivered us the easiest qualification ever...fact are facts. Assumptions mean nothing as of right now. This hashiyeh is no good for TM.

Comment

Different styles:

CQ , set the plan , demanded IFF to fulfil
          SKO Expect IFF to set the plan for him to implement.
          Both styles could works in Japan and not in Iran.

Comment

WC 98 all over again. Talebi came in and well...luckily the players we had fought tooth and nail.

Except it is the other way around this time. Skocic is "Talebi" and needs to be changed before WC disaster.

Skocic must be fired for us to have a chance in Qatar. Hich rahe digeyi vojod nadare.
            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
              Different styles:

CQ , set the plan , demanded IFF to fulfil
              SKO Expect IFF to set the plan for him to implement.
              Both styles could works in Japan and not in Iran.
              True although define work? If you mean first round exit then yes. We are not debating whether Sko will get us a first round exit but rather who can with all the limitations give us a better chance here and now to get this team past round 1. Sko first objective was to reverse wilmots...he did that.

If you know someone who in 8 months can give us a better chance and realistically willing to come to TM here and now...I am for it.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                yesterday's match shows that it is long overdue we address the depth issues with TM and test out/allow other players to improve, adapt in low-stress matches.

This includes positions across the pitch such as RB, LB (no clear solutions but Hardani, Esmailifar could have at least been analyzed in way more depth across these 180 mins vs korea and lebanon) and CDM (Mehdipour deserves a few 90 mins games, khodabandelou + others should be tested too) as well as the fwd/wing positions.

Meanwhile Sko flies Taremi and ARJ all the way from europe for one game vs lebanon in masshad. I am sure they will be starting along with Azmoun, underlying that Sko is already once again pivoting towards covering his own ass and not planning for the long term success of TM. With or without these 3, we should comfortably deal with Lebanon in this meaningless game. It is is a perfect chance to continue integration of allahyar, hosseinzadeh, and potentially somebody like Mohebbi to give options behind our go to front 3...Instead we learn nothing new and continue with over-reliance on a few players. If we do not test younger, new options out vs lebanon at home while being already qualified then when will we do it??

I am not sure what he wants to achieve by playing these big name guys in such a match given their hectic EU schedules. Ok maybe put 1 of them max to lead the others but all 3? Really? Seems like he is asking for one to get injured.

Unfortunately this guy doesnt seem to learn from his mistakes. I think writing is on the wall for him.
                you are 100% right with the exception that TMs job is mainly to win the games and iranian football should focus on developing teams and players. The entire system should build clubs and players but TM should just win the games. When the system does not do the job to prepare players for TM this is when you want TM to do its job, its never going to work because as soon as you step aside your best players TM will start losing games.

You should ask what do we want from iranian football?

What you want is like 10 leagioner players at the same level as Mehdi and Sardar right?
                You want 50 legioner players in leagues like belgium,holland,greece, segunda,croatia, right?

You want 4 clubs in AFC CL league every year that will reach the last 8 right?
                You want player academys in the same level that clubs in portugal have, right?

Now which one is the real issue here?

Comment

True although define work? If you mean first round exit then yes. We are not debating whether Sko will get us a first round exit but rather who can with all the limitations give us a better chance here and now to get this team past round 1. Sko first objective was to reverse wilmots...he did that.

If you know someone who in 8 months can give us a better chance and realistically willing to come to TM here and now...I am for it.

My post was about 2 different styles .

Just as an Example :

In case of friendlies or securing a training camp abroad, CQ style was to micromanage, personally get involved, travelling even to check hotels and facilities. He demanded specific opponents for friendly games (bad or good). He did not trust IFF managers.

In case of Sko. he believe this is IFF job to find opponents, training facilities or hotels .
                  ;

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                    My post was about 2 different styles .

Just as an Example :

In case of friendlies or securing a training camp abroad, CQ style was to micromanage, personally get involved, travelling even to check hotels and facilities. He demanded specific opponents for friendly games (bad or good). He did not trust IFF managers.

In case of Sko. he believe this is IFF job to find opponents, training facilities or hotels .
                    ;
                    Fair enough. Do you have supporting evidence that Sko is that hands off? I find you to be quite informed so I'd be curious to know more. I can't judge that part since I am not privy to inner workings since Sko doesn't really advertise his business and have a large social media presence like CQ did.

Comment

I know that there are internationals being played in June (friendlies). I know the answer to this already I think but I’ll ask anyway , do we have friendlies set up yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                        I know that there are internationals being played in June (friendlies). I know the answer to this already I think but I’ll ask anyway , do we have friendlies set up yet?
                        There was talks about a Qatar tournament with Brazil and Spain?
                        Don't know however if it was scheduled in June, unlikely to happen anyway.
                        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

The international dates are down as May 30th - June 14th (potential for 4 matches) and 19th - 27th September (potential for 2 friendlies).

First game of the World Cup is 21st November but limited if we can play friendly game before then and the end of some of the leagues. Premier League for example goes on break on the 14th November and that is when clubs have been told to release their players by.

Comment

Asked today why Sardar Azmoun did not practice with the team, Hamed Estili said that he was "tired" - lol, yeah right. A man who plays for Bayer Leverkusen is too "tired" for Dragan's training.

Hamed Estili's comments: https://t.me/varzesh3/164410

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                                Asked today why Sardar Azmoun did not practice with the team, Hamed Estili said that he was "tired" - lol, yeah right. A man who plays for Bayer Leverkusen is too "tired" for Dragan's training.

Hamed Estili's comments: https://t.me/varzesh3/164410

ye well he was tired being subbed in for bayer after 10min! so yes would not surprise me

Comment

Working...
                                X