This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has already been discussed already, I probably missed it. But is what Skocic said about beating England true? Did he really say, "We will beat England."?

If so, that is really foolish and a bit unprofessional. I respect Skocic and what he's done. We support him. But that isn't the best thing to say.

I'm thinking that's just a rumor and fake news.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
      Hey guys,

Sorry if this has already been discussed already, I probably missed it. But is what Skocic said about beating England true? Did he really say, "We will beat England."?

If so, that is really foolish and a bit unprofessional. I respect Skocic and what he's done. We support him. But that isn't the best thing to say.

I'm thinking that's just a rumor and fake news.
      He said something to the effect that Croatia has beaten England and i am Croatian so anything is possible

Quoted in article below:

“Remember, I am Croatian, so I know we can beat England.

“People might look at the game and say Iran beating England would be one of the greatest shocks in the history of the World Cup. OK. They can think that. But football is unpredictable.

“We are not playing 15 games, we are playing one game. And anything can happen in one game.”

Skocic added: “Maybe we’d have preferred not to play England in the first game but it is what it is.

https://www.footballreporting.com/fi...-croatia-wins/

Comment

Argentina friendly probably won't happen because of IR & the AMIA bombing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMIA_bombing

Brazil friendly is a bigger possibility since we played them in a friendly in 2010:

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post

به گزارش خبرگزاری فارس، حسن کامرانی*فر درمورد آخرین وضعیت مذاکرات فدراسیون فوتبال برای برگزاری دیدارهای دوستانه تیم ملی پیش از جام جهانی 2022 قطر اظهار داشت: تقریباً با 6 کشور صحبت کرده*ایم. برزیل و آرژانتین یک دیدار عقب افتاده در مقدماتی جام*جهانی دارند که قرار است در قطر برگزار شود. با یکی از این دو تیم صحبت شده تا با آنها یک بازی تدارکاتی انجام بدهیم.
            وی افزود: 4 تیم از این 6 کشور در رده های بالای رنکینگ فیفا و 2 تیم هم در رتبه*های میانی هستند* اما موضوع مهم این است که در صدد هستیم تیم*هایی را انتخاب کنیم که بازی*های*شان به کشور ما نزدیک است. با پرو، نیوزیلند و 3-2 کشور دیگر هم صحبت و مذاکره کردیم.
            دبیرکل فدراسیون فوتبال خاطرنشان کرد: بلافاصله پس از قطعی شدن بازی*ها آن را اعلام می*کنیم. می*دانید شرایط برگزاری بازی*های دوستانه هم سخت است. بحث هزینه ها و مسائل دیگر است و تلاش می*کنیم این اتفاق بیفتد. یک تا دو تیم درخواست بازی پست درهای بسته و بدون پخش کرده*اند که باز هم در بحث آمادگی برای ما خوب است.
            کامرانی*فر عنوان کرد: خود اسکوچیچ هم در تلاش است. صحبت*هایی انجام شده و امیدواریم این اتفاق زودتر بیفتد تا بتوانیم که در فیفا دی اول که تعداد روزهایش بیشتر است و همچنین فیفا دی دوم بازی دوستانه داشته باشیم.
            انتهای پیام/
            Football Federation negotiations for holding friendly matches of the national team before the 2022 Qatar World Cup: "We have talked to almost 6 countries." Brazil and Argentina have a backward match in the World Cup qualifiers to be held in Qatar. We talked to one of these two teams to play a preparatory game with them.
            He added: "4 teams from these 6 countries are in the top ranks of FIFA rankings and 2 teams are in the middle ranks, but the important thing is that we are trying to select teams whose games are close to our country." We also talked to Peru, New Zealand and 2-3 other countries.
            The Secretary General of the Football Federation noted: "We will announce it immediately after the games are finalized." You know, the conditions for holding friendly matches are also difficult. There is talk of costs and other issues, and we are trying to make that happen. One or two teams have requested to play the game behind closed doors and without broadcasting, which is still good for us in terms of preparation.
            Kamranifar stated: Skocic himself is trying. Talks have been held and we hope this will happen soon so that we can play a friendly game in FIFA Day 1, which has more days, as well as FIFA Day II.
            https://www.farsnews.ir/news/1401012...%D8%A8%D8%A7-6
            FFIRI and Iranian media just putting some names here and there. They say they don't have money then they mention Brazil and Argentina. Anyways out of all the names they mentioned for JUN friendlies, it seems New Zealand, Peru or Costa Rica are more realistic. Out of Brazil and Argentina, if Qatar is covering the costs perhaps Argentina will be the more likely friendly match opponent for Team Melli.

Brazil already has 4 friendlies matches setup, so if Team Melli face them will either be in September or in one of the non-FIFA match dates.

Brazil vs Guatemala, 30 MAY.
            Japan vs Brazil, 6 JUN.
            Brazil vs Colombia, 9 JUN.
            UAE vs Brazil, 12 NOV.

As for Argentina, their friendlies so far are:
            Italy vs Argentina, 1 JUN.

BTW. South Korea also has a friendly with Colombia on 2 JUN.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
              Rooyintan jan, I agree we have never played a team like England before and using players with PL experience or Championship is good.
              Defensively, we need to be rough and rigidly disciplined. My only concern is Ghoochannejhad and Dejagah might offer little in starting. England's midfield is lightning quick and would run around Dejagah who was losing pace in 2019 let alone now. I don't see how Ghoochanejhad can help us more than our starting two already and Englands defense can outmuscle him.
              If most of Iran's starting XI are injured or suspended, then the bench players and extended reserved players against England would easily lose 5-0, everyone saw how they lost to Korea 2-0! Gucci is a supersub and capable of changing the game, he's much better than Ansarifard, Sayyadmanesh, Rezaei, Ghayedi etc. Dejagah might not have his old form still better than reserve players too. He is great at controlling the game and distributing the ball, he is really good at set pieces and penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
                If most of Iran's starting XI are injured or suspended, then the bench players and extended reserved players against England would easily lose 5-0, everyone saw how they lost to Korea 2-0! Gucci is a supersub and capable of changing the game, he's much better than Ansarifard, Sayyadmanesh, Rezaei, Ghayedi etc. Dejagah might not have his old form still better than reserve players too. He is great at controlling the game and distributing the ball, he is really good at set pieces and penalties.
                Are you talking hypothetically? These older players you mention are no longer good enough at higher levels, or else surely, they would be playing in some European leagues somewhere.
                هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                نگاه میکنید.
                sigpic
                I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

While you are at it, please add Ali Karimi to the squad also. I believe he is slow but he has his dribbling skills still so he can dribble past all players and score for us against England 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Where is Gucci anyways. Is he actively playing? I think Dejagah could be helpful but it's a big question mark given his injury history and that he isn't even in Qatars first division.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                      He said something to the effect that Croatia has beaten England and i am Croatian so anything is possible

Quoted in article below:

“Remember, I am Croatian, so I know we can beat England.

“People might look at the game and say Iran beating England would be one of the greatest shocks in the history of the World Cup. OK. They can think that. But football is unpredictable.

“We are not playing 15 games, we are playing one game. And anything can happen in one game.”

Skocic added: “Maybe we’d have preferred not to play England in the first game but it is what it is.

https://www.footballreporting.com/fi...-croatia-wins/
                      Context is everything and the spin that Iranian papers put on everything is almost always wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                        Where is Gucci anyways. Is he actively playing? I think Dejagah could be helpful but it's a big question mark given his injury history and that he isn't even in Qatars first division.

For the last year, the only soccer he has been playing is with his 3 year old son. Totally retired and travelling between Holland and Virginia visiting family and friends mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                          For the last year, the only soccer he has been playing is with his 3 year old son. Totally retired and travelling between Holland and Virginia visiting family and friends mostly.
                          Ya I can't find anything recent on him. I know he had an issue with playing time at Zwolle. I also heard rumors about IPL interest last year but then radio silence. I think if guys like Gucci and Dejagah are remotely considered then Beitashour definitely warrants a call up. Familiarity with US players, top notch defender and familiarity with MLS all could be an asset.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                            Me: Mom, can we get a Brazil?
                            Mom: We have a Brazil at home!
                            Brazil at home...
                            "Momma make it betta than McDanoez...!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                              Just out of curiosity, what would gucci's net worth be ?
                              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                                Ohhh They do care about football bro! Don't let the stupid amercian media fool you. They bought most of teh tickets in 2018 after russia despite the facts that their team didn't qualify.
                                According to fifa 88,000+ tickets were bought by americans !

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/men...onal-inventory
                                Russian fans (871,797), followed by fans from the USA (88,825), Brazil (72,512), Colombia (65,234) etc...

It seems that american actually do love football bro.

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/men...onal-inventory
                                "Fans from the USA" could just mean immigrant fans supporting their own team, like Iranians, Mexicans, Russians, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X