Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Bosnia and Herzegovina - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (12.11.2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highlights in Persian thanks to user Team Melli Fan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2AM...ature=emb_logo

Comment

Both inarsenewetrust and KeonKish had good assessments of the match and I will not repeat them. My trust in Skocic definitely increased today. The only thing no one mentioned (at least I didn't see it) was the fact that Saeid had that beautiful assist on the second goal!

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        Abedzadeh looks promising but we have to see more games of him.
        Kaveh was shaky first half 2nd half got confident. I prefer azmoun over him
        Gholizade he is a great player but clearly skocic didn't have any plan for him. Whenever he got the ball he didn't know where to go or what to do. So lac of tactic so far
        Sadegh moharami Looks promising , again he can be used better in better tactics
        Nourollahi Poor ! Piss Poor! I have no idea WTH does skocic keep inviting him. His job was to either deffend the center , create chances and assist and if he got the chance to shoot ! he couldn't do any of it perfectly
        Hajsafi same as always
        Mohammadi average
        Saeed Ezza Played for 20 minutes! Had no idea WTH he was doing. Had a great chance to assist but messed up. Looked out of shape . He is deffo not 90 minute player for international games. He low key looked like Ali Daei in his 40's .
        Amiri man this guy is built differently. Loved the way he plays with passion. Great game by him.
        Ghaedi - Looks promising. Depending on the game but i would use him with azmoun. I think they can perform really well with each other. Fil o Fenjoon.
        3 defence They were solid . Great performance
        looked like ezzatolahi had a nice assist for ghaedi goal

Comment

Originally posted by alireza0101 View Post
          Pjanic is worth more than our entire formation.Wish we did this in 2014 when it really mattered
          We literally had a completely different team in 2014.

Our squad was very weak compared to now.
          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Really solid game and a step up IMO from the Uzbekistan match. All subs I thought were great and brought something different to the game. Skocic has my trust the environment he’s built and the tactical approach is all pretty much where CQ left off. He’s no CQ of course but he’s showing early signs of knowing how to grow a team and that’s super valuable for any national team coach.

My one and only complaint is kanani still don’t think he is deserving of the consistent playing time he’s gotten from the AC onward. He’s way too heavy on his feet and gives quality players way too much room on the ball thankfully the other defenders and CMs covered up his lackluster performance
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
              We literally had a completely different team in 2014.

Our squad was very weak compared to now.
              It was more the case of CQ completely getting our game tactics wrong than anything else..!!
              had we played to our strength similarly to Argentina match, we had a great chance of snatching up some point(s) from that fixture but CQ panicked and uncharacteristically open us wide open and Bosnians punished us rightly and rather easily for it..!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                Really solid game and a step up IMO from the Uzbekistan match. All subs I thought were great and brought something different to the game. Skocic has my trust the environment he’s built and the tactical approach is all pretty much where CQ left off. He’s no CQ of course but he’s showing early signs of knowing how to grow a team and that’s super valuable for any national team coach.
                My one and only complaint is kanani still don’t think he is deserving of the consistent playing time he’s gotten from the AC onward. He’s way too heavy on his feet and gives quality players way too much room on the ball thankfully the other defenders and CMs covered up his lackluster performance
                thought he was excellent tonight. Won pretty much every single header. He stepped out really well at times. He was smart in possession and always looking for pass. I counted 2 misplaced passes I think where mid should have been checking in space, and one foul he made up the back of the defender. Ditto for Shoja and PAG.

PAG,Kanaani,Khalilzadeh,Majid is the deepest CB roster we have had for some time. All modern type defenders, who have both old school ruggedness but also dont play bezan ziresh and are confident on the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                  He's 6'1. Height is overrated. He had a MONSTER game today.

Even on that one shot that went slightly wide, Abedzadeh dived so well that if the shot was on target he would've gotten a hand to it. Not to mention his distribution was phenomenal.
                  yes, he played solid today, although I wouldn't call it a monstor game since he wasn't really tested that much.
                  “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

One of the greatest achievements about this win, the two goals were scored through teamwork, open play and passing rather than what we are traditionally good at, the set piece!
                    sigpic
                    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Comment

Where are those comments from the bosnian forums claiming they didn't need to field a strong side against us and go for a win
                        Barely ~60% possession and nothing to show for it

Comment

My man of the match: ESPN commentator How the hell does he know Farsi and what Shoja means?

Obviously he did his homework on Iran and I was surprised and impressed with his vast knowledge of Iranian football. (Also he was kind of being partial towards Iran which I loved!)

Comment

Dragan Skočić post-match

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                              It was more the case of CQ completely getting our game tactics wrong than anything else..!!
                              had we played to our strength similarly to Argentina match, we had a great chance of snatching up some point(s) from that fixture but CQ panicked and uncharacteristically open us wide open and Bosnians punished us rightly and rather easily for it..!
                              But BL jaan, in all fairness, we can't compare a friendly match to an official World Cup match. Mind you prior to 2014 infamous loss, we had encountered Bosnia 5 times, with 4 wins and a draw, and then all of a sudden after all those fancy victories, we were beaten by them where it really mattered (World Cup) Also keep in mind in that game we HAD TO win the game in order to qualify. So our arrangement for Bosnia match was almost offensive (Although I do agree that with Argentina we also played quite offensive, not sure if it was momentums or CQ's game plan)

Anyhow we played quite impressively. Our defense was almost as flawless as CQ's team, while midfield and offense lines also were pretty good. We need to keep in mind that this was almost Team Melli B. Kudos to the boys as well as Skocic.

Comment

My take on this game is:
                                A. The team is really starting to believe in Skokic! This is a big difference to when Wilmots was the manager. This gives me hope that we will qualify for the WC.
                                B. Our attacking has much depth! He basically won with our B squad attackers.
                                C. Defense is still sharp and has more depth with Shoja in the fold now!
                                D. Midfield is the weakness of the team currently. Hajsafi needs to be a bench player. Saeed needs more playing time to improve fitness.

Comment

Working...
                                X