Legendary Iranian player and coach Mahmoud Yavari has passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legendary Iranian player and coach Mahmoud Yavari has passed away

I am sure anyone who has followed Iranian football pre-2015 knows Sarhang Mahmoud khan e Yavari.

He was part of the golden generation Pas team of the 60s and played with greats like Habibi, Arab, Mohajerani and Shahrokhi.

His impressive coaching career ranged from 1969-2014 during which he coached almost all well known Iranian clubs with the exception of the big 2 Tehran teams.
    He also coached Iran's U20 and U23 teams in the 80s. He had a short stint coaching TM in 1984 and held a 100% win record winning all 6 matches in charge of TM.

Unfortunately he resigned just before the 1984 Asian cup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Yavari

روحش شاد

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Roohesh shad : (

We have the same lastname
      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

محمود یاوری پیشکسوت فوتبال ایران که از مدت ها قبل به دلیل بیماری در یکی از بیمارستان های شهر اصفهان بستری شده بود دار فانی را وداع گفت
        محمود یاوری، سرمربی باسابقه فوتبال ایران که هدایت باشگاه*های متعددی را در فوتبال ایران بر عهده داشت، پس از تحمل یک دوره بیماری، در سن ۸۱ سالگی جان به جان آفرین تسلیم کرد. سرمربی پیشین تیم ملی از چند هفته قبل به دلیل ابتلا به ویروس کرونا در بیمارستان الزهرای اصفهان بستری بود.
        او سرمربیگری تیم*های ذوب آهن اصفهان، سپاهان اصفهان، برق شیراز، تیم ملی جوانان ایران، تیم ملی امید ایران، فجر سپاسی شیراز، پاس تهران، تراکتورسازی تبریز، ابومسلم مشهد، استقلال اهواز، راه*آهن شهرری، شاهین بوشهر، صبای قم، پاس همدان، استیل*آذین تهران و مس کرمان را در کارنامه خود داشت.

یاوری همچنین در سال ۱۳۶۳ با حکم بهروز صحابه (رئیس وقت فدراسیون فوتبال) به عنوان سرمربی تیم ملی بزرگسالان انتخاب شد. در تابستان همان سال تیم ملی به رهبری یاوری در مسابقات فوتبال مقدماتی جام ملت*های آسیا ۱۹۸۴ شرکت کرد اما وقتی نصرالله سجادی به جای بهروز صحابه رئیس فدراسیون فوتبال شد، یاوری از مسئولیت سرمربی*گری خود در تیم ملی کنار رفت.
        روحش شاد و یادش گرامی باد

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

May he rest in peace. He was a healthy and hard working coach. Alot of football players, young and old respected him.

Comment

R.I.P.
            __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
            We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Awwwww so sad. R.I.P. Mr. Yavari! [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And now his Pas teammate and former national team keeper Keyvan Niknafas has passed away.

روح هر دو شاد و یادشون گرامی

Comment

May they both rest in peace.

There was a beautiful gathering of esfooni football community to wish Yavari a happy birthday last year(I think) and celebrate his achievements.

I will post video if I find it again.

Comment

rooheshunn shad bashe . R.I.P : (
                    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

If we show our legends we care for them when they’re here, we won’t be hitting our heads in regret when they leave us.. We should express our love and respect to our football legends when they’re around. I know very little about Mahmoud Yavari as a player. Growing up watching our football, to me he was always the face of the manager leading our mid table clubs. But over the years I learned more about him from our players. He had a lot of wisdom and was a very disciplined head coach. He was admired and respected by our Iranian football community.

I hope we will be there for our legends now. We support them and show them that we care now. Today Mahmoud Yavari left, tomorrow someone who we watched play and coach in our lifetime. We should try and live in the moment. That’s my advice for not just as football fans but as Iranians. That’s all I have to say about that.

Roohash shaad..

Comment

Working...
                      X