Abedzadeh or Beiro in next WCQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abedzadeh or Beiro in next WCQ?

Interesting discussion in the Iran-Bosnia thread that deserves its own thread. Skocic facing a very interesting decision in our next set of WCQs.

Do you go with:
    - an in-form Abedzadeh who is playing weekly in Liga NOS, or
    - Beiro who is historically TM’s 1st choice but hasn’t seen match action in months

I personally would go with Abedzadeh given his form, and GK is a position where there is no room for any error as it could cost a match.
    We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Javeeds Iran G strings

Comment

if the game was tomorrow it would have to be abedzadeh

this is one of the reasons i didnt want Beiro to go abroad. playing in europe or some fancy pants league isnt always better than consistent play time. lots of good international teams still use players who play in domestic leagues due to Playing time and experience

Comment

well we have to see what beira situation is as game is still a long way out.

If he is playing decent mins beira still has credit built up for all his great work. He is a better GK than abedzadeh and if you need somebody to make a last minute save to bail you out (ziyech save, benatia save, ronaldo save, xavi save, oman PK save, etc) you go with beira bc he has ability to insane things because of freak physique that abedz cannot.

Abedz has strong fundamentals though, and good distribution (although beira is also strong on distribution), and its great that hes pushing beira, and if beira is still not playing/is out of form, then you have to go with amir.

Comment

Look who’s back
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Beiraaaaaa

Comment

Abedzadeh. These are do or die matches for TM and we need a GK who has been getting playing time.

Comment

Right now Abedzadeh should start. When Beiranvand starts playing regularly again he should be TM's number one again. There is no doubt that Beiranvand is the more talented and naturally gifted goalkeeper of the two. He is stronger, faster, more athletic and taller than Abedzadeh.

It's a shame Beiranvand left for (Northern) Europe, it's a big step and not for everybody. Alireza is the type who doesn't adapt easily to a totally new environment and probably gets homesick like Karim Bagheri, Ali Karimi, Ramin Rezaeian and so many others did. The language, new culture, people, food etc. I myself could never totally adapt in Northern Europe and visit Iran 10 times a year lol. Especially winter (from october to march) are really difficult as the weather is dark with very little sunshine, cold and rainy and lonesome. It was difficult for this Lor from Khuzestan and i'm sure it isn't easy for our Lor from Lorestan either lol. Hope he moves back to Perspolis, miss seeing him in action for my club.

Comment

When it matters most, Beiro shows up!

Comment

Hope every one of players are always well, but in this Covid-19 era you are a fool if you are not prepared with at least 30 players. We have to be able to field 20 man team at any give time. This includes 3-4 dependable experienced goal keepers

Comment

im all for giving chances for players to prove themselves but amir over beira is insane. no way

Comment

Beiro can throw the ball like no other. It's abnormally long. And for that reason, I'm in.

Comment

It would be cheap to replace Beira already! Thats no way to treat a player with his credentials & it's not the right signal towards any IPL player that thinks about making a Europe transfer.

So Beiranvand is still our nr1. , but Abedzadeh is a great 2nd! Reward for Abedzadeh his recent form should be more minutes in friendlies & maybe the Cambodia / Hong Kong game.
                          Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                          O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

We are lucky to have great goal keepers. Let the coach select his players as it seems like he knows what the hell he is doing. :-)
                            __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                            We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

iran next qualifiers is in march, i think by then beiro would be in form, if not abedzadeh is good

Comment

Working...
                              X