Where do you rank PGPL in Asia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you rank PGPL in Asia?

As it currently stands, in terms of level of play, tactics, etc. where do you think PGPL ranks in Asia?

IMO talent level is number one but level of play compared to other top leagues like Japan and SK is still not there for me. With better coaching, academy systems, and infrastructure we would be #1 but for me as it currently stands we are somewhere between 4-6 IMO.

I also think the ban of foreign players also lowers our rank we have had tons of good foreign players in our league over the years who have played big roles in a lot of big teams and now unfortunately the level has gone down a bit too over the last few years IMO.
    1st
    0%
    2nd
    0%
    3rd
    0%
    4th
    0%
    5th
    0%
    6th
    0%
    7-10
    0%
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

between 4th and 5th (with generosity).

Japan , south Korea, China , UAE , Qatar all are above us ...... and i'm not counting saudi arabia

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
      between 4th and 5th (with generosity).

Japan , south Korea, China , UAE , Qatar all are above us ...... and i'm not counting saudi arabia
      Agree with all except UAE and China. The Chinese clubs have definitely made big strides over the course of the last few years but still have a long way to go. If you eliminate their foreign players none of their teams make it out of the group stages in the ACL. For Saudi teams you definitely can’t say the same and for Qatari we are getting to a point where they will be on Saudi’s level.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

If you eliminate their foreign players none of their teams make it out of the group stages in the ACL
        So according to your login Real madrid , barcelona, manchester city won't make it out of their groups if you eleminate their foreign players then? You're not serious are you??

China Is actually in top Three if you ask me . They have invested so much money in their youth programs and their league. They are possible in the top 3 . Also keep in mind that Guangzhou Evergrande has won ACL 2 times. In 2013 they only had 5 foreign players (not all of them were fixed). And this season they only had 3 foreign players , only one of them was fixed. China is spending their money wisely unlike us.

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
        Agree with all except UAE and China. The Chinese clubs have definitely made big strides over the course of the last few years but still have a long way to go. If you eliminate their foreign players none of their teams make it out of the group stages in the ACL. For Saudi teams you definitely can’t say the same and for Qatari we are getting to a point where they will be on Saudi’s level.

Comment

So according to your login Real madrid , barcelona, manchester city won't make it out of their groups if you eleminate their foreign players then? You're not serious are you??
          China Is actually in top Three if you ask me . They have invested so much money in their youth programs and their league. They are possible in the top 3 . Also keep in mind that Guangzhou Evergrande has won ACL 2 times. In 2013 they only had 5 foreign players (not all of them were fixed). And this season they only had 3 foreign players , only one of them was fixed. China is spending their money wisely unlike us.
          "China is spending their money wisely"? Giving a $20-$30 million dollar annual salary to average and old International players such as Hulk and Pelle is "wisely" spend money according to you lol? Yes it really shows how "wisely" they have spend their money in their League and Youth programs by looking at the Chinese National team, they are almost at the level of Brazil and France and they are the undisputed champions of Asia lol. Gimme a break.

Comment

Oh here we go again another ignorant comment by you. Koka in hame zaye shodi baset nabood? I've clearly written
            They have invested so much money in their youth programs and their league
            *** edited ***

A Look At The World's Largest Football School: Guangzhou Evergrande's Youth Academy
            https://www.sportbible.com/football/...rande-20180327

Winning ACL twice after investing money on their league is what i Call Wise.
            No lets get back to the players that you have mentioned.
            Hulk . He has played 94 games and scored 49 goals! hmmm is that bad??? In iran we have foreign players and coaches that get paid $ millions and don't even end up playing 10 games for us.

*** edited ***

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
            "China is spending their money wisely"? Giving a $20-$30 million dollar annual salary to average and old International players such as Hulk and Pelle is "wisely" spend money according to you lol? Yes it really shows how "wisely" they have spend their money in their League and Youth programs by looking at the Chinese National team, they are almost at the level of Brazil and France and they are the undisputed champions of Asia lol. Gimme a break.

Mod’s comments on edited part —-> Lets keep the atmosphere here friendly plz! tks.
            Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 01-03-2021, 02:01 AM.

Comment

BTW I honestly think you're a troll. Your comments are always mis leading and incorrect . Stop Trolling people.

Plz don’t challenge members directly, rather contact forum staff if there is anything you want to report.
              Lets keep this thread friendly plz!
              Tks!
              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Back to topic.

I voted 6th place. We have the talents but not the infrastructure. Its pains me to vote 6th place, but I can’t help it.
                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

We only have the talents, everything else is below average.

Comment

Sk, japan and KSA are ahead. UAE and Australia are below. We are on par with qatar (they have max 2 or 3 quality foreign players/coach per team but their local players are not that good).
                    As we never played Chinese teams I can't compare them to us.
                    I would say we are 4th or 5th

Comment

Excluding infrastructure in terms of the actual product we’re 4th. Japan is far ahead of everyone, then Saudi, and third Korea.

Comment

Oh here we go again another ignorant comment by you. Koka in hame zaye shodi baset nabood? I've clearly written
                        *** edited ***
                        A Look At The World's Largest Football School: Guangzhou Evergrande's Youth Academy
                        https://www.sportbible.com/football/...rande-20180327
                        Winning ACL twice after investing money on their league is what i Call Wise.
                        No lets get back to the players that you have mentioned.
                        Hulk . He has played 94 games and scored 49 goals! hmmm is that bad??? In iran we have foreign players and coaches that get paid $ millions and don't even end up playing 10 games for us.
                        *** edited ***
                        Mod’s comments on edited part —-> Lets keep the atmosphere here friendly plz! tks.
                        They are spending spending a crazy amount of money on players and coaches and all they have to show for is winning the ACL twice? What an amazing achievement! And your claim about Iran paying millions of dollars on foreign players and coaches is almost as "solid" and "factual" as your claim of PP and SS playing handball in their own penalty area and getting away with it. The most a foreign player will get paid in the Iranian league is 300-400 thousands dollars a year (same goes for coaches), and even that is a stretch, that's peanuts compared to the washed up foreign players China pays in their league. No my friend, China does anything but spend it's money wisely.

Comment

I just gave you a good example yet you ignored it. Guangzhou Evergrande have built one of the biggest football school in the world. They have invited top class players to teach their kids including the players purchased. (and yes Including Hulk). If you don't call that wise then I dono what to say bro. As they say "you can ride a horse but never lead a horse" same applys to you.

Imagine iranian kids getting playing time with top class players and coaches in well equiped Youth club! According to your logic thats not wise okay buddy

Now lets look at iran. Esteghlal paid millions of $ to Andrea Stramaccioni The brazilian player PP bought last season and as far az i remember he played less than 5 games . Now PP has to pay him shit loads of money$$ ! The list goes on and on. And don't even get me started on wilmots
                          Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                          They are spending spending a crazy amount of money on players and coaches and all they have to show for is winning the ACL twice? What an amazing achievement! And your claim about Iran paying millions of dollars on foreign players and coaches is almost as "solid" and "factual" as your claim of PP and SS playing handball in their own penalty area and getting away with it. The most a foreign player will get paid in the Iranian league is 300-400 thousands dollars a year (same goes for coaches), and even that is a stretch, that's peanuts compared to the washed up foreign players China pays in their league. No my friend, China does anything but spend it's money wisely.

Comment

I was watching A-League yesterday - central coast mariners vs macarthur fc and I was really shocked at how poor their level is and how generous AFC is with their slots they give them. They’re not even a top 10 AFC league....the forwards for central coast Mariners couldn’t even control long balls and their touch was beyond amateur.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

If we are strictly speaking level of play we are third/fourth. Well behind Japan/South Korea and on par with Saudi(we have better talents but they have much better foreigners).

If we include infrastructure(including stadiums, coaches, academies etc) we fall down the list pretty heavily.

Comment

Working...
                              X