No announcement yet.

Where do you rank PGPL in Asia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think just in terms of talent and level of actual play were are after Japan, Korea. Probably similar level with china, KSA, although I havent seen a ton of chinese league to comment. Frmo the bits I have plus ACL performances seems like a lot of money laundering.

Qatar avg game has zero intensity. Infrastructure or not, thats the biggest takeaway from seeing those games. The goalkeeping/defending is extremely amateurish, much more so than PGPL.

PHysically I think pgpl is the strongest league in asia actually.

Obviously we are held back my mismanagement and corruption which plague our entire country so football is no different. But besides rooting out those key issues some manageable quick fixes are:

- Pitches (although standard is slowly improving). This will help with style of play, building through midfield more.
    -Cameras. Nobody wants to watch a game through a potato

Comment

Come on guys, we are first in corruption, first in mismanagement, first in player talent and first in wining without a proper structure. So we are "First" in Asia in every good and bad thing put together. :-) J/K I voted "FIRST" because Iran is the best no matter what.

Apart from jokes, in regards to strength, we are 3rd or fourth after Japan, Korea or Qatar. And that's the league and at club level, but the National team is definitely a different animal and case.
      __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
      We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
        Back to topic.

I voted 6th place. We have the talents but not the infrastructure. Its pains me to vote 6th place, but I can’t help it.
        Agree with Amoo.

Some day, years after IR occupation, we can reclaim our place at the top of Asian football
        Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
        O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          I think just in terms of talent and level of actual play were are after Japan, Korea. Probably similar level with china, KSA, although I havent seen a ton of chinese league to comment. Frmo the bits I have plus ACL performances seems like a lot of money laundering.

Qatar avg game has zero intensity. Infrastructure or not, thats the biggest takeaway from seeing those games. The goalkeeping/defending is extremely amateurish, much more so than PGPL.

PHysically I think pgpl is the strongest league in asia actually.

Obviously we are held back my mismanagement and corruption which plague our entire country so football is no different. But besides rooting out those key issues some manageable quick fixes are:

- Pitches (although standard is slowly improving). This will help with style of play, building through midfield more.
          -Cameras. Nobody wants to watch a game through a potato
          the cameras are seriously my biggest pet peeve about watching ipl games

Comment

Something to take note. China has definitely improved a lot. Soon they will over take Saudi and possible japan.

How do people not see them as one of asia's powerhouse is a big question for me. Looking at their performance in last 10 Years, leaves no doubt they are above us. I really like to see one of their team playing against us.

Look at the image below. before their investments they were behind australia and UAE. Look at them now

Due to ther performance and infrastructure they were given more spots than japan.

Look at their performance in previous ACL .
            18-19 season

17-18 Season

16-17 Season

15-16 Season

14-15 Season

13-14 Season

12-13 Season

They are definitely better than Australia , UAE, Qatar and us (By judging their performance in last 10 years )

Comment

Japan, SK, China, Qatar, KSA, UAE, Australia all have superior leagues to IPL. IPL is probably slightly better than Uzbek league at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                Japan, SK, China, Qatar, KSA, UAE, Australia all have superior leagues to IPL. IPL is probably slightly better than Uzbek league at the moment.
                Australia has facilities but the league talent is zero.
                I'd put down hundreds that Nassaji Mazandaran beats their top team anyday

Look at their clubs performance in ACL this year

Comment

In what category?

Fans - 1st
                  Talent - 2nd
                  Infrastructure - towards the bottom
                  Management - even worse than Infrastructure
                  Local coaches - 2nd or 3rd
                  TV rights/production/distribution - worse than infrastructure and management

Comment

PGPL is miles better than the Australian league. They are a step above the UAE league as well.

They are either 4th or 5th best behind Japan, China, South Korea, KSA, and maybe Qatar

Comment

Of course, IPL is even below bengladesh and vietnam league aswell

Comment

Elaborate a bit please. As you can tell by other comments most think the talent and level of play isn't bad - the infrastructure and management is.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          Elaborate a bit please. As you can tell by other comments most think the talent and level of play isn't bad - the infrastructure and management is.
                          The talent is definitely up there especially the homegrown players but how can a league ever grow if there's no proper management, infrastructure in place. We have managers with hardly any qualifications running these teams.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                            Of course, IPL is even below bengladesh and vietnam league aswell
                            You're being too generous, if we take off our Iranian glasses we'll see that PGPL is around the same level as the football leagues in Laos and the Philippines, we're only slightly better, our infrastructure is at the same level as Afghanistan though.

Iranian clubs would not survive in the mighty Chinese league, where old washed up players such as Hulk and Pelle making $30 million dollars a year (money well spend i guess) are not only football players but also function as top coaches and mentors for the youth teams according to a certain member here. Iranian clubs at best are amateur level in China.

Comment

Australia? In terms of level of play? Not a shot my friend....when was the last time you watched an a-league game? Unfortunately due to my gambling habits I watch it quite a bit and their level of play is super shocking to say the least....players lack basic fundamentals of footy we’re talking about as basic as things like controlling a long ball. That doesn’t happen on this scale in PGPL and I’m not somebody who thinks super highly of our league either.

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                              In what category?

Fans - 1st
                              Talent - 2nd
                              Infrastructure - towards the bottom
                              Management - even worse than Infrastructure
                              Local coaches - 2nd or 3rd
                              TV rights/production/distribution - worse than infrastructure and management
                              I mentioned in the initial post we’re talking about level of play and tactics.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                              X