Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Iran - Hong Kong; Info, Updates & Live Reports (03.06.21)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Did we watch the same game?
    He could have called 2 penalties at least in our favor.
    The one on Taremi was literally the exact foul Hosseini made against Bahrain.

Comment

4/4 wins and we finish first. Our destiny is in our own hands.
      Well thats good to hear I dont know why people are fixating on goal difference. I say this every qualifying cycle but if we cant get wins against the likes of Bahrain and Iraq then we have no business going to the World Cup where we'll NEED a win against a TOP african/north american team and to take points off a top euro/south american team. If its a year where our defense leaks goals against Bahrain then I dont want Neymar dribbling into it either. Better to have a rebuild/recovery year than to embarrass ourselves.

These next 3 games, we prove our quality and grit. If we don't get the job done, we dont deserve to be at the World Cup simple as that.

I didnt watch the game as i was at work but i see comments on Nourollahi and I 100000% agree he is horrible against parked busses and his decision making is predictable, slow, his ball control is average at best and his shooting pisses me off as it wastes possession far more than it produces anything on the opponents goal. I would much rather have Ghoddos in the center as he's had more exposure to that role lately and has better ball control and linkup play ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
        Also people need to respect HK more, this wasn't Cambodia, they don't make a habit of losing by more than 2 goals.
        I respect them. I thought they defended and closed the gaps well. They prevented Sardar and Taremi to do what they do best, score goals. Credit to Hong Kong.

Comment

This is WHY YOU NEED FRIENDLY MATCHES! !

Overall not bad performance by Team melli

Comment

Did we watch the same game?
            He could have called 2 penalties at least in our favor.
            Sure Did. HK manager was tearing himself up for fouls on his players, with the Ref ignoring him and then warned him.

Maybe penalty but for me they were half-shouts
            sigpic
            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

It was more like a friendly match , ...... what shall we say

Comment

Negatives: Bad pitch, high temps, first game in a long while, two tired target strikers (after long tiring seasons and no rest). Stupid ref for yellow on Torabi and not giving at least one penalty.

Critiques:
                sub optimal starting 11 (should have rested Azmoun and started Ansarifard and subbed out Taremi (and Azmoun) much earlier)
                and tactics (should have instructed to take way more shots, also from further out, not pass inside the box. Should have had a much faster build up play and play long passes, even at expense of keeping possession).
                Why sub out Ezatolahi?

Positives: 3 points.
                Ezza, Ghoddos, Jahanbaksh back in the team.
                Some good sub bringing in Torabi and Ansarifard.
                Gholizadeh definitely established as a starter.
                Good practise game.
                Players acclimated.
                No (bad) injuries

Frankly, I'm not sure that there are that many lessons to learn from this game, as Hong Kong was incredible poor and all other teams and dynamics with those teams will be completely different.

Comment

This was a good win. I applaud Skocic for not playing Hajsafi even as a sub. HK played a very logical match. We are a different caliber but just remember how we played against Spain. The pitch was part of Bahrain/AFC tactics to sabotage our TM but they failed. We won with NO INJURIES! Skocic risked by not having a friendly because he felt we are strong enough to defeat HK and he preferred to preserve the energy for four matches and use HK match for learning and adjustments. It was risky but overall it worked. It's unlikely but I love it if Cambodia surprises the corrupt Bahrainis and takes a point. Defense needs work. We will be better in the next match. I am sure of it.

Go TM!

Comment

I am not too unhappy about this result. HK could draw or even win both Bahrain and Iraq. So this result is cool as if we had scored more goals and not conceded any would have probably demoralised them and take way the incentive to play well against those aforementioned teams and restore their reputation.
                    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                    نگاه میکنید.
                    sigpic
                    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Much rather Azmoun and Taremi save good form and goals for the Bahrain and Iraq games.

We went in knowing that we have to really win all four games so we are not depending on others and so far so good, one down and three to go.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                        Well thats good to hear I dont know why people are fixating on goal difference. I say this every qualifying cycle but if we cant get wins against the likes of Bahrain and Iraq then we have no business going to the World Cup where we'll NEED a win against a TOP african/north american team and to take points off a top euro/south american team. If its a year where our defense leaks goals against Bahrain then I dont want Neymar dribbling into it either. Better to have a rebuild/recovery year than to embarrass ourselves.

These next 3 games, we prove our quality and grit. If we don't get the job done, we dont deserve to be at the World Cup simple as that.

I didnt watch the game as i was at work but i see comments on Nourollahi and I 100000% agree he is horrible against parked busses and his decision making is predictable, slow, his ball control is average at best and his shooting pisses me off as it wastes possession far more than it produces anything on the opponents goal. I would much rather have Ghoddos in the center as he's had more exposure to that role lately and has better ball control and linkup play ability.
                        I would usually agree but is it fair to play 2 games against bahrain in manama and to play iraq in jordan/bahrain? if we had home games and failed to win i agree

Comment

Bahrain game live. Bahrain is up 1-0 after 20 minutes. And a LOVELY pitch of course. Khak bar sare IFF.

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/81234/Ba..._Cambodia.html
                          Last edited by webmaster; 06-03-2021, 09:56 AM.
                          __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

man, one has to imagine how bad Hajsafi has been in practice that even his "100+ caps" resume was not enough to even see the field today

Comment

^ He wanted to be an astronaut but became a bird hunter.
                              We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                                Bahrain game live. Bahrain is up 1-0 after 20 minutes.

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/81234/Ba..._Cambodia.html
                                Another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUIo37ITkm0
                                sigpic
                                Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Working...
                                X