No announcement yet.

Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know if this has been said, but notice how hard Skokic works. He is out watching our players play at their clubs live every chance he gets internationally and travels all across Iran. He knows the importance of preparation and dedicates himself, fully bought in to our team. We are very lucky to have him under the circumstances.

Comment

^ I just hope our corrupt federation starts supporting him better by clearly stating that he is our long-term coach per his contract & organizing friendlies to help our preparation. It is mind blowing the results he has gotten with almost no friendlies, and that he has stayed dedicated to the team where the federation doesn't even make it clear if he will be the coach or not, despite getting great results.
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Sko is smart. He knows that as long as TM wins, he wins. Let's say that TM qualifies for the WC in January with a win over Iraq, if he stays through WC, its a huge win for him since he gets to coach Iran in the biggest venue of world football, if IFF acts stupidly and in these conditions with no money and let him go, he will always be known as the coach who took Iran form the brink of elimination in the second round to WC qualification in the smoothest fashion ever and he will be able to land a much more profitable job in Asia. If you ask me, his preference is the former. He wants to coach Iran in the WC and take TM beyond the group stage. I think he has big dreams otherwise he would have never taken this job and would have never worked so hard at it. He has also shown that discipline is important to him and he ended up winning in that front too with the outcome of the Taremi situation. He never backed down from his comments, did not make a big deal of the situation and acted like any decent coach would do by not inviting Mehdi. In the end, his risk paid off. He will not make a big deal of that disciplinary win but everyone in the TM camp will now know that if he was able to deal with our biggest star in that fashion, he could deal with any other players. I don't think we have realized the importance and magnitude of this last victory on discipline for his future with TM. Someone should start a thread here with the title "Taremi and Sko just mended their issues, DO WE REALIZE WHAT JUST HAPPENED? SKO WON!". I personally hope IFF doesn't do anything stupid and keep him through WC. I put my money on him and I know many of you disagree with me. I think he is hungry to go the next level as a coach and he will take TM with him. This is like one of those marriages that no one thought would work out and the couple ended up surprising everyone

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Other news media reporting too
          They’re just referencing the original article. It’s not their own reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
            ^ I just hope our corrupt federation starts supporting him better by clearly stating that he is our long-term coach per his contract & organizing friendlies to help our preparation. It is mind blowing the results he has gotten with almost no friendlies, and that he has stayed dedicated to the team where the federation doesn't even make it clear if he will be the coach or not, despite getting great results.
            Exactly. Say what you want about him, but he isn't lazy unlike that cancer Wilmots which showed us how fall TM can go under the worst situations. Dude is a work-aholic

Comment

I agree with the sentiment that Skocic is a hard worker…..that is not up for debate. No coach has been as visibly dedicated to succeeding in his job and also took the time to go to Europe and visit our players as often as he has in his short stint. He and his staff are never not working, and that deserves a big amount of respect.

Also now that the Taremi saga is over I can also say, as I have said all along, he handled it well and also left the door open for Taremi to end it respectfully and politely which thankfully Taremi finally came to his senses on. As said above….that’s a win for Skocic. Now TM players know that nobody is above the team and respect is a must.

While I still don’t like his tactics and player selection I do not doubt the guys intention or work ethic. In the circumstances we are in with IFF we really are lucky to have him and not some moron PGPL coach who has not left Iran’s borders.
              Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 12-14-2021, 09:24 PM.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Salam Doostan,

I appreciate what Skocic has done and Team Melli. Compare this guy to Carlos Q and Vilmots from how he focuses to his best despite all the financial and even professional short comings in our country. If I were the decision maker for Team Melli coaching selection, one parameter (a very important one) would have been that he is aware of all the limitation we have and is at a stage of his coaching career that he want to make something of his coaching career.

Some coaches have done this step in their coaching career and are mostly coaching to make more money. They have higher expectations, higher salary and Iran at this stage can't fulfill their expectations.

Anyhow thank you Mr. Skocic for all you have done so far and I am sure with you our team doesn't go to WC and park the bus like past three world cups (even in 2006 for that matter). Thank you again and sorry to see some Iranian don't appreciate your work.
                "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                sigpic

Comment

Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

If Kuwait NT is negotiating for Skocic his services, what does it tell you about his true coaching level?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                    If Kuwait NT is negotiating for Skocic his services, what does it tell you about his true coaching level?
                    It doesn’t tell me anything about his coaching level.

It shows that he is a hot commodity throughout the Middle East and has interest(s) from elsewhere. I watched Kuwait play against Lithuania in Vilnius with the match ending in a 1-1 draw back in November. Right now, Kuwait has a domestic coach and they want to have a foreign coach to help them with their football.

It’s not only Kuwait though, Skocic has rumored interest from UAE FA as well. Couple of weeks ago Iranian media was reporting that Skocic was negotiating with UAE.

So you see, I don’t really think the teams one negotiates with is a true reflection of one’s tactical competency. I thought you of all people would have figured this out after Wilmots and Advocaat fiasco Kiarash, but I guess not.

Comment

In todays world a coach must be happy to get a job......... CQ is in Egypt, Dick Advocat was in Iraq, Xavi was in Qatar, the famous italian i forgot his name was in china, ............doesnt say anything. One day you may see Morinho coaching Kuwait.

We should respect Skocic and show him some love, still like many others i dont like many things, sometimes the player selection is strange, sometimes the team looks like its their first match together..........lets see what happens after a real training camp and a better preparation.

Comment

Live scenes in the Taz household at reading that:

Don't tease us with weak rumours.

Comment

NO. It actually tells you that Kuwait knows how little he gets paid and how much he has delivered. Its like getting a Ferrari for the price of a Kia. Kuwait (or any other country) would be crazy not to pursue him given half a chance.
                          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

So he was working hard at Arab Cup… working for himself. I wonder how many business cards he managed to hand out?

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                              So he was working hard at Arab Cup… working for himself. I wonder how many business cards he managed to hand out?
                              Unless you have a picture of him doing it, that is a sad sad attempt at defaming a guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                                Live scenes in the Taz household at reading that:

Don't tease us with weak rumours.
                                Beautiful family Taz jaan =)

Comment

Working...
                                X