Clear All

WOW
    IRAN WAS choosEN team meli
    iran BEST NATIONAL TEAM
    OF 2021

daneshmand doooset darim

Comment

Comment

its good they made up. lets hope mehdi taremi can just focus on football. hes an all time great iranian player but get behind your manager fully. i think he just misses cq and was upset iff let him go. so naturally, skocic was gonna never live up to that.

now return to regular programming.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
          WOW
          IRAN WAS choosEN team meli
          iran BEST NATIONAL TEAM
          OF 2021

daneshmand doooset darim
          Why the surprise???

Getting out of a jam. Being unbeaten with only one tie. Leading the group. What else could they have achieved in 2021 that they did not? And which team did better?
          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Skocic says Happy New Year in Persian

Comment

sally nooeee miladi mobarak everyone..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                sally nooeee miladi mobarak everyone..!!
                with a heavy croatian accent.. sounded like he said something in his own language at first
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I appreciate Dragon.

He showed up at a very difficult time in the middle of the World Cup Qualifiers. He accepted to clean up the massive shit Juan Perón took on our national team. He accepted receiving his salary in tomans because of sanctions. He accepted the difficulties he would face managing Iran while the country is run by the islamic regime. Despite all the obstacles he has done a good job with Team Melli so far. I respect him because you can tell he genuinely cares for his team, staff and players. Now whether or not he's an opportunist it really doesn't matter at this point. If he is an opportunist then he's a smart opportunist because he took the opportunity given to him and he batted the ball out the park. He knows he will get hired somewhere better if he does something magical with Team Melli. And he has proven he IS aware of the superstars he's got in his hand. He's utilized them very well and now his team is on top of the qualification table.

I believe part of his success (besides our talented roster) has first to do with being a perfectionist. He hates losing and is emotional when his team loses. I know it's a common thing, but it's still important to have a close relationship/connection with your team. To keep a positive atmosphere within the team. He's logical with his coaching methods/tactical decision making (one big example: especially during half-time/how Iran bounces back in the 2nd half). I remember when Navad was still on the air, they had those post-match press conferences covering EPL match highlights. The highlights I remember of Dragon were always him defending Malavan. Whether they lost or won. Very emotional but logical responses to the media. One time his team lost and Anzali's field was awful. You couldn't bet on a match like that because it could honestly go either way. Even though Malavan played "better" with the most chances, they still lost. He was pissed off and said (I'm paraphrasing) "How can we play on a pitch like this? My players did their best." Just as he hates losing, he hates winning when his team plays like crap. Like the 3-0 win over Syria. He looked dissatisfied and rightfully so.

Dragon has my support to continue on as Team Melli coach. We also need to give credit to Vahid Hashemian, Karim Bagheri, Mehdi Mahdavikia, Marijo Tot and co.

Comment

Dragan suspended for the match against Iraq because of Lebanon game and his protesting due to time wasting of Lebanon players. The AFC won't ever stop their bias towards Iran.

Last edited by webmaster; 01-10-2022, 01:46 PM.
                    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

^AFC step-by-step instructions distributed to all refs before any TM match:

1. If the player that is time wasting is Iranian, go to step 2 (otherwise, skip to step 3)
                      2. Penalize player for time wasting, preferably with second yellow card
                      3. If coach that is protesting against time wasting is Iran's coach, go to step 4 (otherwise, go back to step 1)
                      4. Caution coach with yellow card. This step is optional, as AFC will suspend coach for next game anyway.

Comment

I don't understand this. Dragan was suspended for Syria match after the Lebanon extra time miracle. He did not sit with the team. How is it that he has to serve another suspension? Didn't see this on IFF site, IR's crony mehrnews.com or Varzesh3 (of course that doesn't mean it is not true). I think Hamshahri made a conclusion without noticing that he already served the suspension. Even in football you can't serve a sentence for the same fault twice.

Added later: I found the document here https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/30706d...Qatar-2022.pdf see page 6. He already served the suspension during the Syria match. He will be sitting on the bench against Iraq.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                          I don't understand this. Dragan was suspended for Syria match after the Lebanon extra time miracle. He did not sit with the team. How is it that he has to serve another suspension? Didn't see this on IFF site, IR's crony mehrnews.com or Varzesh3 (of course that doesn't mean it is not true). I think Hamshahri made a conclusion without noticing that he already served the suspension. Even in football you can't serve a sentence for the same fault twice.

Added later: I found the document here https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/30706d...Qatar-2022.pdf see page 6. He already served the suspension during the Syria match. He will be sitting on the bench against Iraq.

Go TM!
                          Thanks for the investigative work!

Comment

Shahab Zahedi finally called up! Thank you Skocic!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post

Go TM!
                              I wish our reporters had even a 1/10th of your itelligence and thought process. Bunch of g*shad, lazy, bums we have who can barely read and write working as sports "journalists".

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                I wish our reporters had even a 1/10th of your itelligence and thought process. Bunch of g*shad, lazy, bums we have who can barely read and write working as sports "journalists".
                                Mate they have 0 savad, let alone English skills. They need a translater (babysitter) at every God damn interview.

Comment

Working...
                                X