No announcement yet.

Asian WCQ Final Round Draw: Where to watch, updates, post draw discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing with Iraq is, that they now our playing-style, mentality, league very well + the see us as their greatest Rival (Derby Asia as they say).

If i had to make a prediction, i would choose Iran & Iraq to qualify directly to the next stage this time. Iraq will be our toughest opponent in my opinion.

Comment

we need to roar out of the gate
      We always start slow in final round of wcq
      This time that ball headed dude gave us a good draw
      And really there is no excuse not ro have 4 points
      For the first 2 games with +4 gd going into our 3rd match
      If the syria game is in azadi.
      Uae will buy lebnon,syria, points and even iraq will eventually sale their points
      If they have to
      Uae,iraq,lebnon,syria all hate us so we need to have steong start.

This is group of "hate"

Comment

Seems like UAE and S.K are the only Teams to have home games in our group. AFC will likely ask Iran, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon to choose a country as their "home-game". I guess that Iraq will choose Jordan, TM should go for Qatar in my opinion.

Comment

Easy strategy for Iran.
          Objctive 1- Get 7-8 points from 4 games against UAE & Iraq
          Objective 2- Dont lose to SKorea

we follow these two objectives we're home & dry.
          Extremely doable. In fact we have the quality to do far better than this. But this is the minimum we have to aim for.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post

Seems like UAE and S.K are the only Teams to have home games in our group. AFC will likely ask Iran, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon to choose a country as their "home-game". I guess that Iraq will choose Jordan, TM should go for Qatar in my opinion.
            FK with that BS
            Neutral ground for ALL TEAMS IN GROUP OR NO excuse to deny us our Homefield advantage..!!
            frankly i Prefer a Central Neutral to All Teams venue for all the games in our group..! like Gutter or somewhere..!
            IFF are too broke and plain suck asss at advanced planing and proper preparations, this would make it equal playing conditions for all and helps much with our awful Limited Federation Budget and simplifies our logistics and pre-game plannings

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              FK with that BS
              Neutral ground for ALL TEAMS IN GROUP OR NO excuse to deny us our Homefield advantage..!!
              frankly i Prefer a Central Neutral to All Teams venue for all the games in our group..! like Gutter or somewhere..!
              IFF are too broke and plain suck asss at advanced planing and proper preparations, this would make it equal playing conditions for all and helps much with our awful Limited Federation Budget and simplifies our logistics and pre-game plannings
              100% agreed, just have Qatar host all WCQ games, good prep for the real WC aswell.

Comment

The draw couldn't have been any better. Getting the first or second seed in this group is more than doable and there is no excuse for failing at this.

Lebanon and Syria were the two weakest teams out of the 12. We should get at least 10 points out of the 4 games with them.

Iraq plays hard against us but I find them extremely unimpressive as well. We should net 4 points against them as well.

UAE has a lot of money but a shit team. Again 4 points should be a given here.

SK is decent but not as good as they once were.

Essentially, I believe we'll get at least 5 wins and 3 draws--maybe even better. I wouldn't discount the possibility of us remaining unbeaten with 6-7 wins and 3-4 draws. We will get through this group---anything else would be a huge dissapointment and a team that cannot get through this group as the first or second seed certainly has no place in a world cup.

Also KSA getting drawn into a group with Japan and Australia puts any discussion concerning a potential manipulation to rest thankfully. Hope Japan and Australia beat the shit out of KSA so they miss the world cup in their neighborhood.

p.s.: Its also an absolute shame that Iran as a country is in such a seemingly bad condition that they cannot host any games. You have to let this sink in for a moment---one of the biggest and richest countries in the world with a population of 80+ Million people is not able to provide some basic requirements to host a soccer match in Teheran. This is more than shame- and disgraceful.

Comment

Pros:
                  - we will have the least possible travel time, which shouldn’t be underestimated.
                  - we have played all of them often enough. Even Skocic has experience with some of those teams.
                  - having seen our games in June, I would say we won‘t loose more than one of the away games vs. the Arab teams.
                  - not playing Saudi Arabia is a plus for three reasons:
                  1) UAE is weaker than them.
                  2) we would have had to played our home game on neutral ground.
                  3) SA would have most probably dominated the other Arab teams. With this draw, I don’t see any of the Arab teams clearly dominating the other.
                  - Korea will struggle at least as much as us in their away games against those 4. If I‘m not wrong, they also had their little experiences of loosing vs. Lebanon, etc. They defo struggle against Iraq.

Cons:
                  - I would have loved to play Australia.
                  - For Korea we need a smart tactical game. This was CQ‘s specialty and that’s how we dominated them in Azadi like never before. I fear Skocic might not be as tactically smart to really control and dominate a team like Korea.
                  - We have played the teams so often that it’s getting a bit boring.
                  - Let’s face it: all of them, even Lebanon, can be a pain in the ass and get a draw and/or 1-0 win vs. us.

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                    Did you guys notice our poor coach working for the worst federation? Look every country had the same background but Iran. That was embarrassing indeed.

The ugly ducling IR.

Here

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                    Could be that advertisers donot pay Iran, so it is blank.
                    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post

how about we pick LA ? . The only place in the world where we can pack 100,000 vaccinated fans into the stadium outside of Iran, cheering for Iran...
                      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Excellent group:

Iran,S Korea, ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah, Wahab

I love it ... Rahabar will be watching all of the qualifying games. It is like being at home!!

Kee mi sheh ma az dast een arab ha rahat besheem!!! .. Mesleh Moor o malakh shodan. Hameh jaa hastan!

Comment

i think its beneficial we play iraq after they play korea. they will play at south korea and have to fly back to somewhere in middle east. that's a 10 hour flight. we will play syria in probably azadi or neutral mid east (qatar) so we will be close to where we need to go.

Comment

something to note, persepolis, tractor, and esteghlal have their ACL games about a week after our game vs iraq. hopefully there is no conflict between Persepolis and team melli given most of our team is persepolisi

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                              how about we pick LA ? . The only place in the world where we can pack 100,000 vaccinated fans into the stadium outside of Iran, cheering for Iran...
                              Please make this happen
                              We can also throw them a prade in westwood
                              Rose bowl is perfect and they can stay at pasadena hilton like they did in 2000 and our wrestlers and vollyball team stayed there as well.

I remember back in the day ali daie
                              Came to ganari restaurant in westwood after googoosh concert
                              And the place was so pack the owner was yelling
                              Harki mikhad bashe ja nadarim bayad saber koneh ta ja va bashe.
                              We keep telling the owner is ali daie
                              He keep saying amoosham biyad ja nadarim.
                              L.a is perfect place.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                                Excellent group:
                                Iran,S Korea, ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah, Wahab
                                I love it ... Rahabar will be watching all of the qualifying games. It is like being at home!!
                                Hahahah too funny and sad at the same time! I agree with you its like IR and its entourage all together....
                                Last edited by webmaster; 07-01-2021, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X