No announcement yet.

Asian WCQ Final Round Draw: Where to watch, updates, post draw discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for correcting me. I knew I was somehow misguided, but I remember he shot it hard and missed.

Comment

I'm happy with the draw, it's going to be a fair group except for UAE. I'm happy with avoiding the Saudi's because they are the biggest cheaters on this planet. I have never seen Iraq, Syria and Lebanon cheat so let's not lump all Arab speakers together. Persian Gulf Arab states are the worst cheaters though.

South Korea is better than Australia and it would have been nice if we drew Australia for a change. All in all it is going to be a tough and physical group where South Korea will face difficulties considering that they are physically smaller and weaker or less strong than their Caucasian opponents. Azmoun and Taremi and co will tear the Koreans a new one and Shoja will put Son in his pocket, he will own Son like no Premier League defender ever could.

Against Iraq, Lebanon, UAE and Syria it will be key to use our technically gifted players Ghoddos, Gholizadeh, Ghaedi and Torabi. Creative players who can dribble, create space and put Azmoun and Taremi in a scoring position. Hopefully no Jahanbakhsh as he is useless for TM and ideally Ali Karimi and Sayyadmanesh will be extra additions who will give their squad more depth and options.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
        I'm happy with the draw, it's going to be a fair group except for UAE. I'm happy with avoiding the Saudi's because they are the biggest cheaters on this planet. I have never seen Iraq, Syria and Lebanon cheat so let's not lump all Arab speakers together. Persian Gulf Arab states are the worst cheaters though.
        South Korea is better than Australia and it would have been nice if we drew Australia for a change. All in all it is going to be a tough and physical group where South Korea will face difficulties considering that they are physically smaller and weaker or less strong than their Caucasian opponents. Azmoun and Taremi and co will tear the Koreans a new one and Shoja will put Son in his pocket, he will own Son like no Premier League defender ever could.
        Against Iraq, Lebanon, UAE and Syria it will be key to use our technically gifted players Ghoddos, Gholizadeh, Ghaedi and Torabi. Creative players who can dribble, create space and put Azmoun and Taremi in a scoring position. Hopefully no Jahanbakhsh as he is useless for TM and ideally Ali Karimi and Sayyadmanesh will be extra additions who will give their squad more depth and options.
        umm iraqi players always running to the referee to give cards after every foul. i consider that cheating. they did that even with that weak aussie referee in 2015 that sent off stupid pooladi. they did this after every supposed foul in our last game just a couple weeks ago. they throw themselves on the floor after everything.

did u not watch iran vs syria in malaysia?

i have nothing good to say about any of these teams. the good "Arab" teams are in north Africa - Morocco, Egypt, Algeria etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post

We typically don’t fare well against physically strong and tall teams. We have historically struggled against Australia, while for whatever reason we have edged South Korea almost in the entire past 10 years. Last they beat us was in 2011 Asian Cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Asian WCQ Final Round Draw: Where to watch, updates, post draw discussion

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
            According to FIFA WC 2022 regulations documented here https://resources.fifa.com/image/upl...xyvcghx6bebesv (Section 15 PDF page 23, document page 21) all the yellow cards carry onto the next round but they will not carry on to the WC (red cards will). This means Azmoun is disqualified in the first match of the third round on September 2 against Syria. He got his first against Bahrain in TM 1-0 loss back in October of 2019 and the second one in the win over Iraq on June 15, 2021. Players with one yellow card are Hajsafi, Nourollahi, Kanaanizadegan, Taremi, Jahanbakhsh, Moharrami and Torabi.

Go TM!
            Any cards, penalties carrying over to the World Cup is utterly stupid. All teams should start the World Cup strong and full squad. This takes away from the excitement of the tournament that takes places only once every 4 years. Players and talents await 4 friggin’ years to shine, and they only have 3 matches to impress and showcase their talent. A game suspension before their WC journey begins, reduces their chances to shone to only 2 games. So unfair!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
              We typically don’t fare well against physically strong and tall teams. We have historically struggled against Australia, while for whatever reason we have edged South Korea almost in the entire past 10 years. Last they beat us was in 2011 Asian Cup

The problem with that is that some old stats theory would say that odds will eventually turn on us at some point
              Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
              O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                I'm not too worried about that. The last time we played the Aussie's was a generation ago. We have very physical players on TM now. Medhi and Sardar are beasts. Saman is a tank. Our height is not an issue. The average TM starter height is 1.84 m, relative to the average Soccero starter height of 1.82 m (p value = 0.5; not statistically significant).

Comment

I dont know why so many keep saying KSA plays dirty and cheats.
                  compared to ALL the arab nations we play, Saudis cheat and play dirty the LEAST.
                  one reason is becoz they dont have to. They're a strong side as it is.

IMO the dirty plays, cheating, ... is done the most by UAE, Bahrain, Qatar .... followed by the rest of Iraq, syria, lebanon, oman, ... etc.

if you review our past games against the arab teams, you'd see the worst & most frustrating moments like hacking, dirty tactics, time wasting, abuse, grass rolling, .... were done by those I mentioned above.

Saudis get favorable treatment by AFC. That is undeniable.
                  But dirty plays? nowhere near the rest

Comment

Exactly. When was last time Saudis played dirty (on the field)? I think from what I have seen, it’s Bahrain, Iraq, Syria etc There is just a real strong anti-Saudi narrative amongst Iranians - which has affected perception.

They always have quality sides and they don’t need to resort to that while others like Bahrain, Iraq and Syria lack that quality.

Comment

Saudis play dirty with bribing refs, hosting, etc...

Iraqis, Syrians and Lebanese national teams hound refs, tackle wild, grass roll...

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        Saudis play dirty with bribing refs, hosting, etc...

Iraqis, Syrians and Lebanese national teams hound refs, tackle wild, grass roll...
                        Basically they are so desperate to beat us that they would resort to anything that helps them beat us. They won't develop football wise if they carry on this way.
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Ppl talking about teams playing dirty, all teams play dirty when needed ... just see ital yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                            Ppl talking about teams playing dirty, all teams play dirty when needed ... just see ital yesterday
                            Not even a close comparison, please go back and review the antics the AFC and Arab teams have pulled against Iran for reference.

When you see Italy celebrating with another teams flag because they helped that team qualify over you, or when you see Italy time wasting time and faking Injuries for over 75min then we can talk.

The Arab teams unite and will do anything and everything possible to make sure Iran does not qualify or succeed. Iran is alone in the Arab football conference, they are not our friends and beating us is more than a game. It is a sociopolitical / geopolitical matter for them.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
                              Not even a close comparison, please go back and review the antics the AFC and Arab teams have pulled against Iran for reference.

When you see Italy celebrating with another teams flag because they helped that team qualify over you, or when you see Italy time wasting time and faking Injuries for over 75min then we can talk.

The Arab teams unite and will do anything and everything possible to make sure Iran does not qualify or succeed. Iran is alone in the Arab football conference, they are not our friends and beating us is more than a game. It is a sociopolitical / geopolitical matter for them.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
                              Exactly. Not comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                                Italy is first country to INVENTED dirty
                                they would have 0 wc trophy if they didnt.

Comment

Working...
                                X