No announcement yet.

Asian WCQ Final Round Draw: Where to watch, updates, post draw discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am praying for Australia and UAE from pots 2 and 3. Regard pots 4, 5, and 6, It really does not matter to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
      The only team I like to avoid is KSA, only because AFC will do whatever it can to help them to advance to the WC.
      Japan is safe regardless of who they get because they are too strong at least on the paper. The big threat for Australia, South Korea, and Iran is KSA. In WCQs 2018, Group B was three way race between Australia, Japan, and KSA. If It was not because of KSA, Australia and Japan would have easily qualified as top two. IMO If any of those three teams Australia, South Korea, and Iran avoids KSA, they are almost guaranteed direct qualification to the WC 2022. Whoever gets KSA out of Australia, South Korea, and Iran, they have to wait until the last moment to see whether they qualify directly or not regardless of how well they do. For smoother passage, we need to avoid KSA.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
        My prediction:

Iran
        Australia
        Saudi Arabia
        China
        Syria
        Vietnam
        I hope your prediction for pot 3 is wrong and we get UAE over KSA for better World Cup chance. Anyway my prediction is:

Iran
        Australia
        UAE
        Iraq
        Oman
        Vietnam

Comment

My preference for the draw:

Iran
          Australia
          UAE
          China
          Syria
          Lebanon

I am not sure why people keep picking Vietnam over Lebanon. Vietnamese have made significant progress and they are not easy to beat.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post

Iran
            Australia
            UAE
            China
            Syria
            Lebanon

I am not sure why people keep picking Vietnam over Lebanon. Vietnamese have made significant progress and they are not easy to beat.

Go TM!
            I'm also perplexed as to why ppl keep picking Vietnam over Lebanon, Lebanon is by far the weaker team.

As for the rest of your picks I agree with all of them except for China. I think Iraq are the weaker team, and not only that but the Iraqis still need some humbling. I'm still angry about how we got knocked out by them at the 2017 Asian cup, and the only way to get revenge in my eyes is to knock them out of the world cup. In our last game against them we should have scored 3/4 goals so we definitely have some unfinished business.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Iran
              Australia
              UAE
              China
              Syria
              Lebanon

Go TM!
              I think Vietnam will struggle a lot against a physical TM

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                I think Vietnam will struggle a lot against a physical TM

TM doesn't like speedy teams. In Asia Cup 2019 they were happy to absorb pressure until Azmoun scored a nice goal against them.

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                  I'm also perplexed as to why ppl keep picking Vietnam over Lebanon, Lebanon is by far the weaker team.

As for the rest of your picks I agree with all of them except for China. I think Iraq are the weaker team, and not only that but the Iraqis still need some humbling. I'm still angry about how we got knocked out by them at the 2017 Asian cup, and the only way to get revenge in my eyes is to knock them out of the world cup. In our last game against them we should have scored 3/4 goals so we definitely have some unfinished business.

You have good points about Iraq bro. It might be a good idea to get over them psychologically yet we have done much better against China and there is much less drama. I still prefer not to deal with Iraqi shenanigans on the pitch. They use every contact to raise a fuss. We have enough challenges and drama to deal with ourselves

Go TM!

Comment

Iran
                    Australia
                    Saudi
                    Iraq
                    Oman
                    Lebanon

Give us the hardest possible draw, TM is ready...
                    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post

Iran
                      Australia
                      Saudi
                      Iraq
                      Oman
                      Lebanon

Give us the hardest possible draw, TM is ready...
                      I am fine with this group except Saudi Arabia. We need to avoid KSA for smoother passage.

Comment

Iran
                        Australia
                        UAE
                        China
                        Syria
                        Lebanon
                        Go TM!
                        Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post

My dear friends…..it’s VERY easy to understand why people pick Vietnam over Lebanon.

Lebanon is arab, Vietnam isn’t. That eliminates a HUGE mental battle we don’t have to be bothered with.

Remember what happened in Beirut in 2014 WCQs? Their keeper turned into Buffon and saved 5-6 incredible shots on goal. They frustrated the hell out of our team which was far superior to theirs we had ando, nekounam, AK8 and a bunch of other legends on the pitch and couldn’t crack them.

I will ALWAYS choose East Asian teams over Arabs. Remember too AFC stands for arab football confederation the refs help their own out all the time too…..the less we have to deal with all this nonsense, the more we can focus on playing the game and winning because we are the better team.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          My dear friends…..it’s VERY easy to understand why people pick Vietnam over Lebanon.

Lebanon is arab, Vietnam isn’t. That eliminates a HUGE mental battle we don’t have to be bothered with.

Remember what happened in Beirut in 2014 WCQs? Their keeper turned into Buffon and saved 5-6 incredible shots on goal. They frustrated the hell out of our team which was far superior to theirs we had ando, nekounam, AK8 and a bunch of other legends on the pitch and couldn’t crack them.

I will ALWAYS choose East Asian teams over Arabs. Remember too AFC stands for arab football confederation the refs help their own out all the time too…..the less we have to deal with all this nonsense, the more we can focus on playing the game and winning because we are the better team.
                          Not to mention there was an actual damn explosion at the Iranian embassy that day by daesh and AFC continued the game. If that had happened in Iran, we would be banned from hosting for years. F*** the AFC.

Comment

بال ایران به احتمال فراوان در دوحه از حریفانش در مقدماتی جام جهانی ۲۰۲۲ میزبانی می کند!

کنفدراسیون فوتبال به دلایل مختلفی از جمله تحریم های بانکی و مالی و گمرکی، عدم همکاری شرکای تجاری ای اف سی با صدا و سیمای ایران، کرونا و در نهایت مجهز نبودن ورزشگاههای ایران به سیستم کمک داور ویدیویی، تصمیم گرفت تا اطلاع ثانوی به تیم های ملی ایرانی در رده های سنی مختلف و تیم های باشگاهی ایرانی میزبانی ندهد.

سوریه و عراق نیز شرایط مشابه ایران را دارند و باید در زمین بی طرف میزبانی کنند.

Comment

I agree with many here as far as avoiding KSA... If we can avoid them and the AFC BS that likely comes with it, it will be a win-win situation.
                              I think Korea/Australia is the same for me. KSA could arguably be just as dangerous as a Pot 2 team.

I would also like to avoid Iraq because how hard they play us.

Comment

Originally posted by IranPowned View Post
                                بال ایران به احتمال فراوان در دوحه از حریفانش در مقدماتی جام جهانی ۲۰۲۲ میزبانی می کند!

کنفدراسیون فوتبال به دلایل مختلفی از جمله تحریم های بانکی و مالی و گمرکی، عدم همکاری شرکای تجاری ای اف سی با صدا و سیمای ایران، کرونا و در نهایت مجهز نبودن ورزشگاههای ایران به سیستم کمک داور ویدیویی، تصمیم گرفت تا اطلاع ثانوی به تیم های ملی ایرانی در رده های سنی مختلف و تیم های باشگاهی ایرانی میزبانی ندهد.

سوریه و عراق نیز شرایط مشابه ایران را دارند و باید در زمین بی طرف میزبانی کنند.
                                So basically under AFC we could never play our game in Iran again.

Comment

Working...
                                X