Asian WCQ Final Round Draw: Where to watch, updates, post draw discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
    Can we ask for a better draw than this ?? We avoided KSA and if the games are done home and away we only travel one long distance. If IFF does not screw around and prepares the team well we should top the group without much difficulty.
    Totally agree. However, we can't discount AFC's shenanigans (they may take away Iran's home games at their whim). Remember that they made us play Syria in a MALAYSIAN monsoon.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
      South Korea's bad luck was against CQ.

I'm not sure the It will as easy to against them this time around considering they've had the same coach for 3 years (more team cohesion) or and their team has better prep than us. We have the better players, but not sure it will be a walk in the park. Although as I said the travel might have an impact on them, so we do have a realistic chance to top the group.

I think it's key to get at least 7 points from the first 4 matches to put ourselves in a better position.
      Nobody said it would be walk in the park but come on you can't see Iran's potential?? Everybody does. We are a tough team to beat and if fans put some trust in their team, they might be sweetly surprised.
      __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
      We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Doable draw if we don't fall into the mind games of our Arab opponents. So tired of playing South Korea again.

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
          Nobody said it would be walk in the park but come on you can't see Iran's potential?? Everybody does. We are a tough team to beat and if fans put some trust in their team, they might be sweetly surprised.
          I guess we'll have to wait and see based on our performance in the first 3 matches before we face Korea.
          Last edited by The; 07-01-2021, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Even Wilshits could draw against Korea, we can get 6/6 points no doubt. Not easy but very doable. They aren't a great team anymore guys

We have better talent

Comment

holy shit we lucked out so hard

Comment

There are positives and negatives about this group.

Positive:

1) We play Iraq again and it's very satisfying showing them and their arrogant fans their true place. So it's nice to be grouped with them again.

2) Syria and Iraq won't have any home games.

Negative:

1) Too many Arab teams. Iraq - Syria - Lebanon are like brothers. Once they see that one of them has chances to qualify, the other two will definitely do everything to help them and lose on purpose.

2) We play again vs Korea and it's really tiresome. I think most of us wanted TM vs Australia. I would rather watch us play against Japan than Korea even though Japan is much stronger. I bet if Qatar and Uzbekistan were in this round, we would be grouped with them again lol. But besides Korea, I'm actually happy with the group, especially because we avoided the Saudis and their referees.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                  SK haven’t beaten us in a WCQ since 2009 just want everyone here to be reminded of that we have now been paired with them for 4 consecutive WCQs
                  Hmmm, I don't think they've beaten us in a WCQ since the early 90's bro (for the '94 WC)!

I only remember them beating us in the Asian Cup and a friendly or two since then.

And even in the Asian Cup, I don't remember losing to them in regulation time for at least 20 years, maybe more!

I's start booking the plane tickets for the WC now!

Comment

4 of the first 6 matches on the road
                    I hope we dont go through that
                    And once is our turn to host 3 out of 5 matches they say oooops is corona all the games in uae now

Comment

Although it may seem an easy group but there is no such a thing as an easy group at this stage. I hope TM management does not make a presumption that we will top the group or at the worst come second. All of these teams in our group now see a great opportunity to qualify to the finals and will push themselves to their limits. So I would say let's not be complacent and prepare to face 10 very tough games.
                      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                      نگاه میکنید.
                      sigpic
                      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Skocic REALLY is one LUCKY sob lol.

Dude was handed the golden generation of Iran (since the mid-late 90’s), and then handed this group for the final round of WCQ’ers.

Credit to him for getting the job done and I wish him all the best!

Just saying, he’s one lucky sob lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                          4 of the first 6 matches on the road
                          I hope we dont go through that
                          And once is our turn to host 3 out of 5 matches they say oooops is corona all the games in uae now
                          It doesn't even have to be corona, they can pull any card they want: sanctions, political tensions, malign behavior, etc etc. That's why AFC insists on putting the IR in every single publication, post, tweet etc. They are constantly reminding the world of the big bad boogieman that is IR Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                            South Korea's bad luck was against CQ.
                            I'm not sure the It will as easy against them this time around considering they've had the same coach for 3 years (more team cohesion) or and their team has better prep than us. We have the better players, but not sure it will be a walk in the park. Although as I said the travel might have an impact on them, so we do have a realistic chance to top the group.
                            I think it's key to get at least 7 points from the first 4 matches to put ourselves in a better position.
                            I mean, even with Wilmots they still couldn't beat us, so....

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                              Skocic REALLY is one LUCKY sob lol.
                              Dude was handed the golden generation of Iran (since the mid-late 90’s), and then handed this group for the final round of WCQ’ers.
                              Credit to him for getting the job done and I wish him all the best!
                              Just saying, he’s one lucky sob lol.
                              At this moment in time, Dragan and TM are lucky to have each other, and it's a mutually beneficial relationship.

I would argue that Branko had our Golden generation (WC 2006), and royally F'ed it up.

Comment

My prediction
                                Uae will refuse to travel to iran

Comment

Working...
                                X