Asian WCQ Final Round Draw: Where to watch, updates, post draw discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    From your post on the previous page: "in terms of individual talent and in each position was off the charts in the mid-late 90’s..."
    It was! Just because Rahman Rezaei played at Messina doesn’t mean he was a great central defender. Performing on the pitch as a team (despite not having legionnaires as compared to the 2006, which as you said Branko screwed things up) the 98 team was better. I’m not comparing the talent from 98 to 06. I’m saying individually contributing to the team as a unit.

Comment

My prediction for the outcome in this group:

1.South Korea (better preparation, coach has been around for a while now and are probably eager to break their bad record against us)

2.Iran (we will probably drop some points by drawing Iraq and Syria on a bad day, which is a likely scenario but we will make it on individual talent)
      -----------------
      3.Iraq (good team, always give their best but they just don't fare well in lengthier qualification rounds, will probably face Saudi's in the play-off)
      -----------------
      4.Syria (were decent by topping their last qualification group, can cause trouble for us on a good day but are not good as a team besides their main player Al Soma)

5. UAE (no players of notice, seem to rely on Mabkhout for doing the job, Abdulrahman seemed to have fallen off due to injuries)

6.Lebanon (were very lucky to make this round after North Korea withdrew, have no business in this round and will be a 6-pointer for most of teams in this group)

Comment

From your post on the previous page: "our core players, in terms of individual talent and in each position was off the charts in the mid-late 90’s..."
        I would agree with you, however, that our current TM has a great cohesive and team spirit. This was lacking in WC 2006 due to a number of reasons (including big personalities), which should have been controlled and managed by a great coach. Branko was not a great coach.
        To be fair it was really Rahman Rezaei and mirzapour who shit the bed lol

We draw that Mexico game whole different match against Portugal

But off topic xD

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
          To be fair it was really Rahman Rezaei and mirzapour who shit the bed lol
          My god, I still have PTSD from watching Mirzapour in the 2006 WC.

Comment

Remember that OG from AC 2007? 🤦🏻*♂️

Comment

People really underplay what a good goalkeeper can do for a team or even a decent one. Mirzapour had good moments but just would sooti

Even someone like Rahman Ahmadi who was consistent and could pull off an amazing save, like he did against SK (twice!) should get a ton of credit for getting us to the WC. An above-average keeper can make all the difference. We are blessed with Beiro today.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                I think I subconsciously erased that from my memory bank to avoid total breakdown.

Comment

Mirzakooor the worst goali ever wear tm uniform at any era even the 1940s..

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                    That was not Mirzapour though. it was Roudbarian.

Comment

Mirzapour handed a gift to Omar Bravo at the World Cup. Should’ve cleared it out and cleared it high.

Sigh…

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                        That was not Mirzapour though.
                        Hazan rodbariyan if i recall

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                          That was not Mirzapour though.
                          The OG was by Rezaei. Talking about Rahman Rezaei.

Comment

I'm sure he was a nice guy and tried very hard. My personal theory is that he put so much greasy hair products in his long hair, which he had to constantly brush back with his gloves, which then caused his gloves to be super slippery and allow the ball to go through

Comment

I think I subconsciously erased that from my memory bank to avoid total breakdown.
                              Remember when Ghalenoei saved his last sub to bring in Talebloo for the PK shootout and subbed out Roudbarian? LOL

Talebloo saved like one PK off his foot. Talk about not trusting your own starting GK. Roudbarian wasn't even bad at saving PKs!!

Comment

Mirzapour reminded me of the dude from Deuce Bigalow. The same guy who played in the Mummy.

Comment

Working...
                                X