Asian WCQ Final Round Draw: Where to watch, updates, post draw discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orbicular View Post
    I remember that game very well. One of the commentators said that the coach was trying to confuse (or unsettle) the opposition with that highly unsual substitution. Had that gamble paid off, though, he would have been considered a football genius. Of course, even before the disastrous result, it seemed like the kind of tactic concocted by someone who's totally divorced from the realities of the game. Talebloo, after all, was not ready for that humongous task ahead as he had played zero minutes that day. Undoubtedly a gutsy move, but one that was not based on any practical considerations.
    His number 1 assistant nasser fergueson ebrahimi advised gn to do it
    SINCE HE HIMSELF DID IT IN 84 asian cup and failed
    Heck taleblou did his job he saved one bit they where some players which coward out totake pks.
    Holland did it in 2014 wc and it worked as qell

Comment

I know every team is afraid of us
      I think they rather play Korea than us

Comment

Yes, the great Mahdavikia, one of my all-time favorites among Iranian players, missed the penalty shot, as his powerful shot flew past the vertical post. Penalty shots, as aptly demonstrated by the Swiss against the French, should be taken neither forcefully nor softly. Hopefully Our current players are more adept at taking them today.

Comment

Yes, the great Mahdavikia, one of my all-time favorites among Iranian players, missed the penalty shot, as his powerful shot flew past the vertical post. Penalty shots, as aptly demonstrated by the Swiss against the French, should be taken neither forcefully nor softly. Hopefully Our current players are more adept at taking them today.
          Kia’s penalty was actually on target but was saved by Won Jae. Not enough angle or force on the shot.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-ESKPVeIvac

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
            WARNING! PLEASE TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT SINCE IT HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED INDEPENDENTLY BY FIFA OR AFC!

Varzesh3 claims that a source from the FIFA matches committee has said that Iraq and Syria will not be allowed to host WC qualifying AFC round 3 matches. The article says that FIFA and AFC do not have any restrictions against Iran for hosting round 3 WC qualifying matches. If true, this means Iran can host them in Tehran while they have to pick a third country for their home matches.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/176533...B1%D9%86%D8%AF

Go TM!
            Of course it's good news for us ...but I was just thinking...will Iraq ever again host a game at their own ground? or Syria for that matter?

feelsl like these 2 (Iraq especially) hasn't played in front of home fans for an eternity...I think this might have been the last game.

imagine not playing at Azadi for 20 years and counting ... definitely a factor in their often abysmal record in the final round of WCQ when every adventage counts

Comment

"Korea will top the group."
              "We will probably finish second."
              Based on what evidence? Are the Koreans really superior to Iran? If I'm not mistaken, Iran has consistently played well against them, even on their own soil, on one occasion beating them 1-0 to qualify for 2014 World Cup. Iran, in addition, boasts a growing number of outstanding players who are members of prominent European (and Russian) teams. The current team is in fact one of the best the country has assembled together in its football history.
              Are we being somewhat self-deprecating here?
              As I said to webmaster, I think it comes down to them having more stability/continuity in terms of coaching.

I agree that our squad is superior to theirs, but as the Euros this year have shown, that's not the only factor in football.
              Last edited by The; 07-02-2021, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                Of course it's good news for us ...but I was just thinking...will Iraq ever again host a game at their own ground? or Syria for that matter?

feelsl like these 2 (Iraq especially) hasn't played in front of home fans for an eternity...I think this might have been the last game.

imagine not playing at Azadi for 20 years and counting ... definitely a factor in their often abysmal record in the final round of WCQ when every adventage counts
                LOL Mirzapour. He never mustered goal kicks.
                هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                نگاه میکنید.
                sigpic
                I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Of course Iraq and Syria should not host any games since its still dangerous.

I guess the games will be in UAE or Qatar ......

I still dont get why some of you guys say its a hard group and for example Amirhoushang says Syria is very dangerous for us ................i mean every team is in this group stage for a reason, of course a World Cup qualification is hard, but never ever would i be afraid in this group, its like Brazil would be afraid of Venezuela, Bolivia, Paraguay,.......

Comment

Last 2 friendly games vs Syria have ended in big victories, 5-0 and 3-0.
                    In qualifiers however they have always been a headache. We’ll see which Syria will show up this time lol.

When was the last time we beat Syria at Azadi in WCQ?
                    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Very important issues to keep in mind: Take each opponent 100% seriously, prepare fully, and don't underestimate any team.
                      sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

I think the AFC should let Iraq and Syria host their home games in Iran 😃

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                          I think the AFC should let Iraq and Syria host their home games in Iran 😃
                          Since we played Bahrain in Bahrain it would not even be very unfair

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                            Last 2 friendly games vs Syria have ended in big victories, 5-0 and 3-0.
                            In qualifiers however they have always been a headache. We’ll see which Syria will show up this time lol.

When was the last time we beat Syria at Azadi in WCQ?
                            Even in qualifiers we'll have an easy time with them. They lost their 3 great offensive players (Omar al Somah, Omar KHARbin, Firas al Khatib). I am happy that we play them in the first game because Azmoun is suspended and also it will give us a big motivation when we destroy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
                              Even in qualifiers we'll have an easy time with them. They lost their 3 great offensive players (Omar al Somah, Omar KHARbin, Firas al Khatib). I am happy that we play them in the first game because Azmoun is suspended and also it will give us a big motivation when we destroy them.
                              What happened to these players?

Comment

I'm sure we Iran and South Korea will go to the World Cup

I'm glad Australia, Japan and Saudi Arabia are not in our group

Comment

Working...
                                X