No announcement yet.

Asian WCQ Final Round Draw: Where to watch, updates, post draw discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he goes, he will be a big traitor..you just can’t be TM manager for 8 years and say you love Iran and then coach our biggest rivals.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      If he goes, he will be a big traitor..you just can’t be TM manager for 8 years and say you love Iran and then coach our biggest rivals.
      If he goes he it will put an end to his divine status and basically end his legacy in Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
        Iraq are not our biggest rivals. South Korea and Japan are. Rivals is legitimizing them that they are close to our level.

Iraq's FA is even worse than ours. I doubt he can handle that again. The man is near 70 years old.

Comment

deleted

Comment

An Iraqi journalist say that they will name Carlos Queiroz as manager.

Don't have time to go through how accurate these things are but the Iraq media has had some pretty ridiculous managers linked to them.

Comment

LOL, CQ learned his lesson with IFF. He didn't leave one corrupt and poorly run FA in Iran to join another in Iraq.

Comment

Just an example of the shit that comes out of Iraqi media.

Comment

These dudes running Iraqi football are cut from the same cloth as IFF cronies

Comment

The onion could post something and some of you believe it

Comment

Originally posted by AM_89 View Post
                      Iraq are not our biggest rivals. South Korea and Japan are. Rivals is legitimizing them that they are close to our level.

Iraq's FA is even worse than ours. I doubt he can handle that again. The man is near 70 years old.
                      Iraq is one of our biggest rivals along with Saudi Arabia, if you grew up in Iran you'd understand why.

Furthermore, TM always has tough games against Iraq precisely because of our big rivalry, Queiroz did not manage to beat Iraq when he was in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                        Iraq is one of our biggest rivals along with Saudi Arabia, if you grew up in Iran you'd understand why.

Furthermore, TM always has tough games against Iraq precisely because of our big rivalry, Queiroz did not manage to beat Iraq when he was in charge.
                        I understand the historical reasons i.e. Iran-Iraq war, geographic (neighbours). But that's non-footballing. Saudi I understand cause they always give us tough games and have a very similar head-to-head record against us (I think the best out of anyone in Asia).

I am just saying it hasn't translated much on the field. Except that game in Asia Cup 2015 and the first leg where we were Wilmotsified. Our historic records against Iraq is WAY better. We have lost to a lot of shitty teams too, so individual loses here and there doesn't make them our rival. Simiarly, just because we have beaten South Korea in recent years doesn't disqualify them from being our rivals. We have the better head to head but it's not too far.

If CQ goes there, there will be even more interest. But we will still beat them.

Comment

South Korea is our biggest rival.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

This group is going to be headache for Iran.too much Arab countries in our group unfortunately.
                            sigpic

Comment

This is what Katanec did for Iraq, and in the end, they dragged their feet in paying his salary and dropped him. CQ is a smart man and was similarly burned by IFF. If there is a shred of truth to any of these rumors, unless Iraq promises (and delivers) the sun and the moon, CQ would never even set foot in the country.

Comment

cq will only sign for less than 1 year and get paid beforehand obviously. i dont see the money being an issue here. issue should be iraqs chances of making it

Comment

Working...
                                X