No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

except Saman didnt have a gol koochik style upbringing. That is why from TACTICAL perspective he is such an advanced player. You cannot compare to tactical IQ of a player like gholizadeh, a true product of futsal/gol koochik.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        except Saman didnt have a gol koochik style upbringing. That is why from TACTICAL perspective he is such an advanced player. You cannot compare to tactical IQ of a player like gholizadeh, a true product of futsal/gol koochik.
        100 percent agreed!

He is not 100 percent fit yet. Hej needs to bring Up pace and intensity then he Will succeed. Skill wise, tactical wise ge is the best in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
          100 percent agreed!
          He is not 100 percent fit yet. Hej needs to bring Up pace and intensity then he Will succeed. Skill wise, tactical wise ge is the best in the team.
          There is really no questions around his fitness anymore. He had a full pre season and more, lost those extra few pounds, etc.

The only change that will come now in his play that will allow him to reach his max is confidence. For that, he needs regular 90 mins, or at least regular starts. When he starts in brentford he is playing very well (Villa match as CM, man city match as false 9), issue is the starts are too few and far between to gain rhythm. He is doing his best off the bench, game saving performance vs watford, solid display vs chelsea, but it doesnt come close to the form he would find through more regular minutes.

From this city match he deserves to start the next one, and would look even better if he has toney next to him as a real target man / mbuemo to combine with instead of that idiot canos. But, I fear again he will be given some BS 10 mins and lose the chance to build on this good performance vs the champs.

Comment

[QUOTE=inarsenewetrust;2794841]There is really no questions around his fitness anymore. He had a full pre season and more, lost those extra few pounds, etc.
            The only change that will come now in his play that will allow him to reach his max is confidence. For that, he needs regular 90 mins, or at least regular starts. When he starts in brentford he is playing very well (Villa match as CM, man city match as false 9), issue is the starts are too few and far between to gain rhythm. He is doing his best off the bench, game saving performance vs watford, solid display vs chelsea, but it doesnt come close to the form he would find through more regular minutes.
            From this city match he deserves to start the next one, and would look even better if he has toney next to him as a real target man / mbuemo to combine with instead of that idiot canos. But, I fear again he will be given some BS 10 mins and lose the chance to build on this good performance vs the champs.[/QUOTE}

I hope ur right but in My eyes ge hade more pace before brentford move

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              When he joined Brentford he never had the chance to pick la liga/Spanish club as his next destination instead lol.

He was joining from a crappy side in the SECOND division of france where he had been banned for 6(!) months and was out of shape and form.

Brentford actually took. A chance on him, fixed his fitness, gave him well over 1000 mins in the championship, changed his position to one more useful to TM, and then gave him the platform to show himself vs the best in the PL.

And frankly, he hasn’t looked out of place in this league either to say he doesn’t fit the style or can’t hack it physically. Rather franks system is just limiting and his failure to get more ur of guys like ghoddos is the reason he has lost 7 in a row.

But brentford was certainly a very positive move in samans career, there can be no doubt about that. If he can find a better situation he should take it but right now he is showing himself to be at the level of a solid PL player. Don’t recall a single bad performance besides that one cup game a few months back. Off the bench he’s been impactful, in his few starts he has been either very good or solid, he actually has the most assists out of anybody in the team, and is creating a very high avg of chances/90. If it wasn’t for ricos crappy 1v1 attempt he would have had another great assist to add to that collection, vs the best team in europe no less
              While I do think it’s positive for TM and him to deepen his skill set and add to his overall versatility by getting him to play CM/CAM….I’ve come to the conclusion that what he needs to get his mojo back is going back to his natural position as a striker. He looked great there against city and if he can bag some goals for Brentford that will be all he needs to be back to vintage saman we all know and love.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                While I do think it’s positive for TM and him to deepen his skill set and add to his overall versatility by getting him to play CM/CAM….I’ve come to the conclusion that what he needs to get his mojo back is going back to his natural position as a striker. He looked great there against city and if he can bag some goals for Brentford that will be all he needs to be back to vintage saman we all know and love.
                If that happens he will be in a crowded lineup for TM and unlikely to get solid minutes. It's very hard to actively play dual roles on 2 different teams.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                  If that happens he will be in a crowded lineup for TM and unlikely to get solid minutes. It's very hard to actively play dual roles on 2 different teams.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                  Not suggesting he go there for TM. I like him in the support roll behind Taremi and azmoun for TM to set up chances for them. But at least for Brentford if he is playing up too and in a more attacking role than he has been in so far then he will be sharper in those depts that will compliment what we need from him in TM too
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

So after his good performance against City, any chance Saman gets another start tomorrow vs Palace?

Comment

I’d love if all were fully fit for Frank to change it up against teams lower in the table. These are must win games , go back to the 4-3-3. Toney up top with Wissa and Mbeumo on the wings then Ghoddos and DaSilva behind them with Janelt as defensive cover. Most importantly Sergi Canos playing shop assistant in the local chip shop.

Comment

I remember we used to love making these meaningless predictions for fun during ARJ time riding the bench, but in Saman's case...he was subbed fairly early the other night despite an objectively very good showing. Could that be frank saving him for this much more winnable palace fixture just a few days later, after him basically working his way into the xi with what he showed pre-sub vs city?

From fitness perspective its unlikely to expect him to complete Wednesday + Saturday 90s after not playing much all year.

Comment

Canos and Mbuemo posted hype posts this morning on twitter (they only do that when they are starting), and Raya + JDS in the Brentford pre match promo poster.

If I were a betting man, I'd say Saman on the bench today.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                            I’d love if all were fully fit for Frank to change it up against teams lower in the table. These are must win games , go back to the 4-3-3. Toney up top with Wissa and Mbeumo on the wings then Ghoddos and DaSilva behind them with Janelt as defensive cover. Most importantly Sergi Canos playing shop assistant in the local chip shop.
                            I can't see Frank changing from the 5-3-2 but stranger things have happened. Toney and Janelt are 50/50 after missing the City game. Not sure if JDS is ready to start a game yet after a year out but can't wait to see how he does in the PL when fully fit. Norgaard is almost always the first name on the team sheet and is the only banker to start in a midfield.

I think you're being harsh on Canos. Poor on Wednesday and he has his fair share of bad games (or sometimes bad halves) but he's had a pretty decent season overall so far, playing out of position.

I'll be there today. Should be a good ovation for Eriksen as he's presented to the fans before kick off.

I hope Saman gets another start if Toney is injured. I will bet my house that he won't start in that midfield 3 though.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                              Canos and Mbuemo posted hype posts this morning on twitter (they only do that when they are starting), and Raya + JDS in the Brentford pre match promo poster.

If I were a betting man, I'd say Saman on the bench today.
                              How many bad shifts does Canos have to put in before he is permanently yanked?
                              "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

On the bench

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X