Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
    Saman needs to work hard on the pitch. He has it in him. If he does that every single minute he gets on the pitch he will be a starter. The best example is Otavio. This guy sure makes a few mistakes some of them even fatal. But he has found himself a nice little "get in there" style and everyone loves that style too. It is an easy style to get into. It works well within any team with any tactics and game plan. Saman is capable of that style but hey like someone said who are we to dictate.
    Octavio/Uribe are MF workhorses(Amiriz) of Porto ..! their Non-stop runnin and hustle and breaking up of opposition's play all over the pitch/MF (along with that of Taremi's) is what impacts the effectiveness Porto's all out high press and helps them overpower their opponents ..!!
    If Saman made even half as many runs and logged half as many miles as those two often put out in Porto games, he'd probably be gassed and passed out in 30-45minutes throwing up on the sideline..!
    Saman's strengths certainly lies elsewhere and mostly on creativity in the middle of the pitch and attacking front ... imo...!! just because he played well in WB/RB in yesterday's game doesnt mean he can be a RB/RWB solution for TM at WC... he's bit too slow for wing positions and his marking is bit too loose and defensive stance is too standoffish for my liking .!!

Comment

It is not a bad thing to play in different positions. It makes a better player outa you. He did well actually. An offensive defender is a good player to have in any style team. Zaido does a lota good for Porto. EPL is the top league and to play in it is a dream come true for any player. He should work hard much harder than ARJ
      That’s the silver lining. I think he is working hard. I think that’s precisely the problem: wanting to be in EPL at any cost. Taremi is a perfect example: being in an “inferior league” but being a great fit for him, which directly helps his performances for TM.

Azmoun, though in an inferior league in Russia, great fit for him, good performances from him in TM. Now Bundesliga, which hopefully will be a good fit.

I’m sure ARJ took positives from his experience at Brighton, but at the end of the day, he wasted his prime years in a club who didn’t really believe in him.

Saman is 28. Hopefully, it will be a good fit for him, but thus far, the evidence has not been good. You can’t get those prime years back. If he’s able to switch to a different league/team that’s a better fit for him—that’d be great.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
        Octavio/Uribe are MF workhorses(Amiriz) of Porto ..! their Non-stop runnin and hustle and breaking up of opposition's play all over the pitch/MF (along with that of Taremi's) is what impacts the effectiveness Porto's all out high press and helps them overpower their opponents ..!!
        If Saman made even half as many runs and logged half as many miles as those two often put out in Porto games, he'd probably be gassed and passed out in 30-45minutes throwing up on the sideline..!
        Saman's strengths certainly lies elsewhere and mostly on creativity in the middle of the pitch and attacking front ... imo...!! just because he played well in WB/RB in yesterday's game doesnt mean he can be a RB/RWB solution for TM at WC... he's bit too slow for wing positions and his marking is bit too loose and defensive stance is too standoffish for my liking .!!
        Anyone train hard can do it. will and training hard.
        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
        نگاه میکنید.
        sigpic
        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Well-said. Hence why I think La Liga would be great for his technical abilities to be appreciated, and to flourish more offensively.

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Otavio if you remember could only do it for around 60/70 minutes last season. He also sustained a few injuries. This season he has been consistently doing it for 90 minutes. Point is, you are not born a fighter. You train hard and make your physic strong and then you can do it. It is psychological will power more than physical genetics. You decide to be a fighter, you train appropriately and you get there.
              هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
              نگاه میکنید.
              sigpic
              I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Otavio if you remember could only do it for around 60/70 minutes last season. He also sustained a few injuries. This season he has been consistently doing it for 90 minutes. Point is, you are not born a fighter. You train hard and make your physic strong and then you can do it. It is psychological will power more than physical genetics. You decide to be a fighter, you train appropriately and you get there.
                  I agree with Fitness and Stamina can ultimately be build-up with consistent training..!!
                  it takes a tremendous Discipline to stick to the training routine to achieve it ... especially so early on..!! a lot easier said than done, even so for the pro footballers whom this is their fking job ..!! lol

Boys should seek advice on those fronts from Vahid..!! for his old ass , he has managed to keep himself in tremendous shape for years now..!!

Comment

Dumbass Frank said in the presser, that Saman is out with a twisted ankle. No timetable for his return

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                      Dumbass Frank said in the presser, that Saman is out with a twisted ankle. No timetable for his return
                      Doesn't make a difference, after good match performances with Brentford - Saman gets benched for what seems like two months straight afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                        Doesn't make a difference, after good match performances with Brentford - Saman gets benched for what seems like two months straight afterwards.
                        But don't forget they play attractive football and are "very well coached"...so if it doesn't matter how well Saman plays and the coach is doing well who is at fault for his lack of playing time?

If Saman can get himself into a starting position at this club, what a coup that is for us. They play real attractive football and are very well coached.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                          But don't forget they play attractive football and are "very well coached"...so if it doesn't matter how well Saman plays and the coach is doing well who is at fault for his lack of playing time?

They are well-coached. Look at where they are in the EPL table. Compare their budget to other EPL teams, it's a fraction. Didn't like Frank but he's done a hell of a job. Saman's in great shape now too and really exceled in his limited role - hopefully he can continue it and Frank sees him replacing Canos in the starting lineup.

Comment

They are well-coached. Look at where they are in the EPL table. Compare their budget to other EPL teams, it's a fraction. Didn't like Frank but he's done a hell of a job. Saman's in great shape now too and really exceled in his limited role - hopefully he can continue it and Frank sees him replacing Canos in the starting lineup.
                            And if your prediction that he rides the bench for 2 months...then what? Should he move to a different club?

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

And if your prediction that he rides the bench for 2 months...then what? Should he move to a different club?
                              He has been unfair to Saman, I believe. But, results have shown him to be an excellent manager.

And he has also been able to solve a Skocic riddle as well, play Saman as a RWB or even RB with our disastarious RB situation. So him potentially doing Skocic a favour should be noted - unless Skocic thinks Noorafkan can be a right-back (as well as a CM, LB, CB etc.)

Comment

If he can get good minutes at Brentford, he should stay there ... if Frank is seeing better fitness from Saman and can see him replacing Canos, then he should definitely stay at Brentford.

Comment

Working...
                                X