Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping Porto fans represent on Thursday as beautifully as they did against Sporting. Will make it tough for Lazio in Dragao.

Comment

Mehdi is unbelievle, im so proud, i just wished he would work a bit on his shooting power, so many times he shoots on the goal with very low power, thats the only thing i hope he works on, what a player !!!!!!!!!

Comment

he is doing well, i am sure a big team will come for him, but his realise clause is 50 million who would pay that for him?

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
          he is doing well, i am sure a big team will come for him, but his realise clause is 50 million who would pay that for him?
          I swear 50 is nothing if he plays like this another 4-5 years

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
            I swear 50 is nothing if he plays like this another 4-5 years
            He's 30 this year and went to Europe late. I'd be incredibly surprised if anyone paid 50 million for his release clause.

He'll be 32 by the time his contract is up.

Comment

I have to say im very happy even if he ends his career in Porto, he can become a legend there.

Comment

I have to say im very happy even if he ends his career in Porto, he can become a legend there.
                Yes! Same here. He's done extremely well for someone who started in Europe at the age of 27/28.

If he plays a couple more seasons like this at Porto, he'll be a legend there, especially if they make another good run in the champions league or win Europa League.

Comment

I do want him to move to a top 3 league especially now he is in his prime. If he does well, it will open the path for younger Iranian players to get picked up by LaLiga / EPL / Bundesliga teams, something that hasn’t happened in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                    I do want him to move to a top 3 league especially now he is in his prime. If he does well, it will open the path for younger Iranian players to get picked up by LaLiga / EPL / Bundesliga teams, something that hasn’t happened in a long time.
                    he is a Star at a Champions League club. he will win the championship this year and has always a fair chance at winning best scorer in the league. Portugal is a beautiful country. He is 30 year's old. Enjoy life. another 5 years legend at Porto guaranteed with a 100% great job at the club afterwards. Life is beautiful, why change that? Shitty weather and fans in UK for some more $$$....cmon

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Mehdi is unbelievle, im so proud, i just wished he would work a bit on his shooting power, so many times he shoots on the goal with very low power, thats the only thing i hope he works on, what a player !!!!!!!!!
                      His shooting power is top class. His shots are much more powerful than sardar for example. If you look at how mehdi takes a penaltykick and compare it with sardar you can see the difference. Mehdis problem is he takes his shots too often when he is out of balance or in a awkward position, this is what he needs to work on

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                        His shooting power is top class. His shots are much more powerful than sardar for example. If you look at how mehdi takes a penaltykick and compare it with sardar you can see the difference. Mehdis problem is he takes his shots too often when he is out of balance or in a awkward position, this is what he needs to work on
                        The problem with Mehdi is not the power of the shot, but the accuracy of the shot. It's no good if you have a shot like Roberto Carlos, but you can only shoot the goalie with it.

Sardar, on the other hand, has very good shooting accuracy and will therefore always have a much better goal rate.

We can only be proud that we have 2 world-class strikers and shouldn't compare the two any further.

Comment

I think most people here misunderstand what a $50 million release clause means. My understanding is that $50 million is the maximum that Porto can ask. In other words, if Taremi becomes more popular then Mbappe and is worth $200 million, Porto can max get $50 million and Taremi can ask for $150 million sign on bonus!!! Release clause is to protect the player, not the team.

If a team wants to buy Mehdi for less than $50 million, then they have to approach Porto with the offer and Porto has to agree to the price. Similar to most trades in soccer.

Comment

For the most part yes, teams can pay more, but Porto has to accept a 50 million dollar offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                              I think most people here misunderstand what a $50 million release clause means. My understanding is that $50 million is the maximum that Porto can ask. In other words, if Taremi becomes more popular then Mbappe and is worth $200 million, Porto can max get $50 million and Taremi can ask for $150 million sign on bonus!!! Release clause is to protect the player, not the team.
                              If a team wants to buy Mehdi for less than $50 million, then they have to approach Porto with the offer and Porto has to agree to the price. Similar to most trades in soccer.
                              Actually, a release clause is the minimum a team must pay, in order to break a player from his contract. - It's the minimum they need to pay, not the maximum. - This is what makes it very very unlikely for me that Mehdi will go to a better team. Not impossible but very unlikely.

EDIT: upon reading your post again, I see the other point you're trying to and it's a valid one but the fact that 50 Million is the minimum required to break his contract, making it tough for a move, is what i was trying to get at.

Comment

From my experience of seeing them , release clauses are usually set higher than the actual value of the player. For example Luis Diaz had a release clause of 80 million euro but he went to Liverpool for 60 million (instalments and criteria included).
                                If the release clause figure is offered then the buying club can enter negotiations with the player. No point offering more than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X