This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topotour View Post
    Lets face it, there is a big difference between our expectation and assessment of our players in Europe and how their coaches perceive that.
    1. Mehdi is close 2nd to Mo Salah and maybe at the same level of Sadio Mane. Porto coaching staff think he is a bit better than Evanlison and Toni Martinez and the truth is somewhere in between. The coaches feel they will get enough scoring chances with Evanilson and Toni and played them in the home game where they went for the win. In return leg, they may go with Taremi becuase he can defend and press better while keeping the same level of scoring oppurtunity or they may want to risk and still play Toni.
    2. Azmoon: We think he should have gone to Liverpool and are mad because he did not go there and we were all up in arms that why is he considering Lyon. I honestly think if he had gone to Liverpool, He would be same as Minamino and Origi.
    Lets be realistic for Azmoun as well, he may not start soon not be a starter soon as Bayer offense is on fire .
    While I'm pissed Taremi didn't get to play vs Lazio, your point 1 is well reasoned and hopefully that's what will happen.

But on point 2, I differ! I am convinced that Azmoun will play a very important role for Bayer and that the reason for him not been played yet is only because the Bayer medical teams has not cleared him 100% yet (injury recovery and full fitness). As soon as he is cleared he will play regularly.

Comment

It’s a weird situation, Taremi is scoring and easily one of their best players but getting scapegoated for missed chances and losses,
      it’s kinda thes same to what happened to Moussa Marega, I thought he was very solid but people kept critisizing and scapegoating him

Comment

Benefica dropped points with a tie against Boavista today. It's essentially a race between Porto and Sporting now for the league championships. Porto maintains a six point advantage.

Comment

Maybe Sérgio Conceição still holds grudges against Taremi for what happened in 1622: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian–Portuguese_War

Comment

Well you’re partially right 🙂

My hypothesis is this: we all know that SC is a vengeful, unstable person. We have seen many examples of him acting irrationally and emotionally. The same way that he punished Mehdi last year by benching him for most of Chelsea game because he got (unfairly!) red carded, he is now punishing him for poor performance in group games a few weeks ago, specially for stupidly missing 2-3 big chances that ultimately costed them advancing to knock off stages in CL. SC’a Message in this for Mehdi is: “oh well, you failed to show up for us in big European games, you’re not getting one now”. Which is childish, and knowing how Mehdi is emotional, it’ll make things worse for him.

Comment

Y'all looking too much into it. The coach and Taremi ain't, you guys speculating all this are emotional af.

He was rested and was not needed in this game. He will play in the other games including EU return leg and beyond that if they can finish Lazio off.

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
                Y'all looking too much into it. The coach and Taremi ain't, you guys speculating all this are emotional af.

He was rested and was not needed in this game. He will play in the other games including EU return leg and beyond that if they can finish Lazio off.
                Just memories of him getting dropped for those crunch champions league games last year - would have been amazing if he had started those.... Instead "Porto's star man" Marega was featured in all the media. Bicycle kick against chelsea was great, but imagine if he had started either of those crunch CL games?

Like it or not, most people focus on European football and I don't quite understand why members here are belittling the other members who just want to see Taremi getting the plaudits he deserves on the European stage.

Comment

Diaz scored for Pool

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                    Diaz scored for Pool
                    I respect how Klopp incorporated him quickly and didn’t do any of that stupid “he needs to get used to the league before he starts garbage”.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      I respect how Klopp incorporated him quickly and didn’t do any of that stupid “he needs to get used to the league before he starts garbage”.
                      Agreed i think generally speaking players thrive more from being hit with the pace of the new competition earlier so they can more quickly address and identify their weaknesses. Good on Klopp.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                        Agreed i think generally speaking players thrive more from being hit with the pace of the new competition earlier so they can more quickly address and identify their weaknesses. Good on Klopp.
                        Yap. To put it simply there is a big difference between running on a field, then running on a treadmill with no surprises.

Comment

Comment

It was the same for Corona and Olivieira

Comment

That has gone against what Klopp generally does - for example with Fabinho and Robertson. I think there is a few factors; that Luis Diaz came in good form and fitness, that we went for him earlier than the Summer and probably made him some promises, that Mane and Salah were later coming back from AFCON, that he had a cup game to show himself first in (and played well) and now the injuries to Jota and Firmino.

He has looked very good so far, playing like he has been part of our set up for a few seasons.

Comment

I know a lot of guys here didn’t like Diaz because he was a bit selfish. But the guy is an exciting player. I definitely enjoy watching him play more now, since on the inside I don’t say “pass it to Mehdi baba”

Comment

Working...
                                X