This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MEHHHHDIIIII TAREEEEMMMIIII

What a joy he is to watch. One of our greatest footballers ever. Let's appreciate him.

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

3 sitters missed...he could be so much better than what he actually is...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
        3 sitters missed...he could be so much better than what he actually is...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk
        As someone mentioned, if you have played competitive football or any sport on any level, you know those are just fatigue mistakes.

Taremi has been run into the ground with how much he plays and SC knows he has to because by far he is their most important player.
        "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

If you need any evidence of how Mehdi gets affected physically and emotionally after these close/intensce matches, take a look at this pic from Sunday's match. He is carrying the team on his shoulders and it's a very heavy burden.

Comment

47,000+ expected for Sporting x FC Porto Cup match on Wednesday, and there are special precautions in place to avoid what happened in Dragão. Porto's Pepe, Marchesin, Uribe expected back in the starting lineup against Sporting.

Comment

Man hich moshkeli nadaram agar farda Mehdi baazi raa az rooye nimkat aghaaz kone.

Yek jaame daakheli ast, moshkele man nimkatneshinish baa Lazio bood.

Khoshbakhtaneh dar baazie bargasht dar Roma (na Rome ke zabane faransavi ast) vaghean deraakhshid.
              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
                Man hich moshkeli nadaram agar farda Mehdi baazi raa az rooye nimkat aghaaz kone.

Yek jaame daakheli ast, moshkele man nimkatneshinish baa Lazio bood.

Khoshbakhtaneh dar baazie bargasht dar Roma (na Rome ke zabane faransavi ast) vaghean deraakhshid.
                Agree and I actually think he might start from the bench. Not because SC doesn't believe him but because he might want to give him some rest and maybe use him as suber sub and also give Tony Martinez more playing time. By know, I'm very confident that SC really believe in Mehdi and is fully confident with him, specially after his latest interview when he said that Mehdi is not only a striker but much more and contributes a lot to the team. Imo, Mehdi is the most valuable player for SC and he know that very well.

Comment

Watched the game and agree with all ya. You could clearly see his fatigue.
                  He was running his kewn off like a horse and positioned himself very well a few times but his mates decided to make another move and kill the momentum.
                  His great assist came from his own pre assist when he made a double pass and a deep run to head the ball perfectly for Evanilson to tap in.
                  Great to see Evanilson appreciate Mehdi.
                  Otavio needs some temper management.
                  Diego Costa has got some Mirzapour genes lol.
                  Last edited by Ali.Karimi79; 03-01-2022, 06:22 AM.
                  IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
                    Watched the game and agree with all ya. You could clearly see his fatigue.
                    He was running his kewn off like a horse and positioned himself very well a few times but his mates decided to make another move and kill the momentum.
                    His great assist came from his own pre assist when he made a double pass and a deep run to head the ball perfectly for Evanilson to tap in.
                    Great to see Evanilson appreciate Mehdi.
                    Otavio needs some temper management.
                    Diego Costa has got some Mirzapour genes lol.
                    Actually, the whole team including technical team and SC himself could benefit from an anger management class plus yoga and meditation. I am not kidding either. For those of you who think sports psychology, yoga and meditation is for "soosools" and "bacheh nanehs", I recommend you leave the 70s and 80s behind and update yourselves with the latest neuroscience evidence of the last decade. Also, at least one of the racial justice movement leaders of today in the U.S. namely Angela Davis, started doing yoga on concrete floor of her prison cells in the 70s with no yoga mat or fancy yoga attire and became a vegetarian again in prison because prison food meat had maggots

Go Mehdi!

Comment

I honestly hope he starts on the bench tomorrow. Just way too many minutes for him.

Comment

To me Mehdi Taremi is already the greatest footballer Iran has ever produced.

He's also shown that he keeps expanding his skillsets more and more.

I wonder if he can further improve his energy management. I.e. being able to periodically take a step back and assess his tank level and then adjust when it's worth to expend energy and when not.

I.e. he could then at certain junctions in the game slow down a bit and concentrate more on playmaking/passing every once in a while.

I understand he already does that to an extend, but the the idea would be to further improve his energy management to an absolute elite level as to always leave enough energy in the tank to be able to do some last minute high intensity moves.

Energy management would also be invaluable as he gets older and older. Considering how good he is, I could see him eventually settle into the Central Midfield captain role in the future (say in 3-5 years) and play in TM until his mid to late thirties.

Comment

greatest footballer Iran has ever produced....probably not....one of the greatest...definately.

Mehdi kills it since he moved to Europe and is one of the...or probably Portos most important player.

To me the greatest Iranian Soccer Player is also a Mehdi...but Mahdavikia. In his Prime he was a BEAST! Kicker released a Rating for the Top Players for every Position of the Bundesliga back in the days Mehdi played for HSV.

He was multiple Times either International Top Class or even Worldclass ranked. I remember 1 Season he was only 1 of very few Players in the Bundesliga that recieved the Worldclass Rating.

At that Time he was so good...he could have played in ANY NT in the World imo.

Comment

Originally posted by BusiG View Post
                            greatest footballer Iran has ever produced....probably not....one of the greatest...definately.

Mehdi kills it since he moved to Europe and is one of the...or probably Portos most important player.

To me the greatest Iranian Soccer Player is also a Mehdi...but Mahdavikia. In his Prime he was a BEAST! Kicker released a Rating for the Top Players for every Position of the Bundesliga back in the days Mehdi played for HSV.

He was multiple Times either International Top Class or even Worldclass ranked. I remember 1 Season he was only 1 of very few Players in the Bundesliga that recieved the Worldclass Rating.

At that Time he was so good...he could have played in ANY NT in the World imo.
                            Mahdavikia's 02-03 season was so impressive. He started every game he was in the squad (26 games), and pretty much played 90 minutes every game. He had 14 assists which put him number 1 in the Bundesliga, and 5th in the continent. Especially impressive considering he played way less than his counterparts.

He had offers from Spain (Deportivo La Coruna) and apparently Man United, but stayed in Germany for a fat fat contract, that was well deserved. He was only 24 too!

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                              I honestly hope he starts on the bench tomorrow. Just way too many minutes for him.
                              He very well might. It's a Cup match, so less important than League and Europa, imo.

Comment

In a rare move, Porto flew to Lisboa, instead of taking the usual team bus.

Shorter trip since the players are getting fatigued from playing every 3 days.

Comment

Working...
                                X