This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had a very funny experience I had to share with everyone here

As a lot of you know I live in NYC and right outside the city, we have a HUGE Portuguese community in jersey (Harrison, newark and kearney). Those of you who know me also know I’m very sheekamoo and love my portugeese food and I dined at this place that had a bunch of portugeese soccer photos up. A group heard me and my dad talking in farsi and I was wearing an Italy soccer sweater and some of the guys came up to us )in a friendly way with a smile of course) and was like “oh are you Italian you guys don’t sound Italian” and I was like nope we’re Iranian.

Agha…..the second I said that the group jumped up and down and was like TAREMIIIIIII OH MY GOD I LOVE TAREMI!!!!! And all 4-5 in the group came up to me thanking me and Iranians for giving them Taremi (obviously you know they were diehard Porto fans). They went on to tell me how much they also liked our footy from when CQ was coaching us and also from Taremi and other legionnaires how strong our reputation is in Portugal as a footballing nation. These guys also said if Taremi has another season for Porto like he is having now they will go to Portugal a build a statue for him outside the stadium

Just figured I couldn’t not share that experience with you guys….you’d all have loved to see it and I’m sure for those of you who have actually physically been to Portugal have had something similar
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

As a lot of you know I live in NYC and right outside the city, we have a HUGE Portuguese community in jersey (Harrison, newark and kearney). Those of you who know me also know I’m very sheekamoo and love my portugeese food and I dined at this place that had a bunch of portugeese soccer photos up. A group heard me and my dad talking in farsi and I was wearing an Italy soccer sweater and some of the guys came up to us )in a friendly way with a smile of course) and was like “oh are you Italian you guys don’t sound Italian” and I was like nope we’re Iranian.

Agha…..the second I said that the group jumped up and down and was like TAREMIIIIIII OH MY GOD I LOVE TAREMI!!!!! And all 4-5 in the group came up to me thanking me and Iranians for giving them Taremi (obviously you know they were diehard Porto fans). They went on to tell me how much they also liked our footy from when CQ was coaching us and also from Taremi and other legionnaires how strong our reputation is in Portugal as a footballing nation. These guys also said if Taremi has another season for Porto like he is having now they will go to Portugal a build a statue for him outside the stadium

Just figured I couldn’t not share that experience with you guys….you’d all have loved to see it and I’m sure for those of you who have actually physically been to Portugal have had something similar
      Great story! I can't wait to visit Porto and Portugal in person some day. Their people seem very warm (much like Iran).

Comment

Thanx for sharing that one! Great story!
        Also on a sidenote, I was joking with a friend of mine some time ago about us alwayz wearing Italy sweaters - classic!
        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Thanks for sharing, GA jan! Must been an amazing feeling to see an Iranian player get praised like that (especially by the Portugese, which have a little pedigree when it comes to footy).

Comment

Amazing story Ghermez Agha jaan. Thank you for sharing, it warmed my heart after three consecutive heartbreaks yesterday. I visited Portugal before we had anyone playing there and I found the people to be very warm and friendly. The country is a great place to visit from every perspective. My better half and I loved it. Your story gave me a great sense how our great football players could bring us closer to other nations. Of course, Portuguese are welcoming people so it is easier for us to relate.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Plane issues force a delay home for Porto, with now only one training day tomorrow before Sunday's Derby.

Comment

Away game against Beiranvand's Boavista today (21:45 CET).

Comment

Comment

Highest rated on Porto.

🔥مهدی طارمی به عنوان بهترین بازیکن پورتو در لیگ اروپا شناخته شد اورال او در این لیگ به 84 رسید

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Porto wishes Iranians a Happy New Year!

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                        Porto wishes Iranians a Happy New Year!
                        Thx for the post! I realy enjoyed the third picture!!
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Comment

With all our legionnaires either in poor or indifferent form, it falls on Mehdi to make everyone happy again.

Personally my hopes for second round of world cup are lower than ever before..

Comment

Estarting

Comment

Strong squad. SC wants to smash Boa

Porto’s Starting XI against Boavista:

🇵🇹 Diogo Costa
                                🇵🇹 João Mário
                                🇨🇩 Mbemba
                                🇵🇹 Pepe
                                🇳🇬 Zaidu
                                🇨🇴 Uribe
                                🇵🇹 Otávio