Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all i know from last season is that when title is on the line Sporting simply dont choke and win the needed games .... !! they won today and will all but certainly win the next 3 games vs a bunch of tokhmy opponents nonetheless ..!!
    its up to Mehdi and the company not flake out and go out and get the required points to get the championship over the lines... if they drop any points in their next match... then i really will be scared of them choking the relatively easy task at hand....!

Comment

The problem with Proto is their coach's mental /Emotional [in]stability. If they fall behind, they choke and start selff inflecting damage process.

Comment

Porto have Vizela and Estoril left, two matches that are basically must-wins against very easy opponents. If they fail to get 3 points from either, things will get hairy as the other game they have is vs Benfica.

Comment

He's been marked by the refs. This should have been a penalty (another angle of the foul and video below)

Comment

Taremi did not take a dive but at the same time it should not have been a penalty. Player jumping in the air needs to be able to land and there is incidental contact plus the ball was not going towards the goal so there was no loss of opportunity caused by it.

Comment

Originally posted by topotour View Post
              The problem with Proto is their coach's mental /Emotional [in]stability. If they fall behind, they choke and start selff inflecting damage process.
              A problem they can afford on a historical winning streak.

Comment

Had Porto won last night the league would have practically finished. The top 4 teams would have sealed their positions, and only the 5th and 6th teams would be fighting for the last place to play in Europ a conference league. This would have meant loss of interest in many games and a great loss of revenue. They say there is no politics in sport but there IS such things as policy decisions. I am not saying last night loss was a policy decision because I have no hard evidence only possibilities, observations and deductions. Now there is another week of nail biting interest in the Liga NOS and most of the games. Be prepared for this crowning to last till end of the season.
                هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                نگاه میکنید.
                sigpic
                I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

If Referee thought he dived, then he should have been booked for simulation. Taremi might have exaggerated a bit but was definitely contact. If that happened in the middle of the pitch, that would have been both foul and booking.

Comment

I truly believe in my heart that Mehdi Taremi will have a much better World Cup in 2022. I believe both Mehdi and Sardar will be more active in attack.

I just hope that we fix the existing problems we have in our defense and central midfield. That way our strikers/forwards can flow freely in the front, as they did in qualifying versus weaker opposition and how they are with their clubs. They'll have more confidence knowing that their defense has improved. That way they won't have to worry and drop back to defend as much. We need to set up good friendlies.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                      I truly believe in my heart that Mehdi Taremi will have a much better World Cup in 2022. I believe both Mehdi and Sardar will be more active in attack.

I just hope that we fix the existing problems we have in our defense and central midfield. That way our strikers/forwards can flow freely in the front, as they did in qualifying versus weaker opposition and how they are with their clubs. They'll have more confidence knowing that their defense has improved. That way they won't have to worry and drop back to defend as much. We need to set up good friendlies.

I just hope Skocic is smart enough to mentally prepare the team bc that’s the biggest part of preparation aside from friendlies and camps. CQ used to have the squad visit orphanages, disabled kids, etc. to remind the team who they are playing for. If Skocic is smart, he will make Taremi go to busher and do something similar and also watch that last second miss on Patricio 10000 times to build up hunger to go back and play the best games of his life vs the 3 group opponents.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                        Had Porto won last night the league would have practically finished. The top 4 teams would have sealed their positions, and only the 5th and 6th teams would be fighting for the last place to play in Europ a conference league. This would have meant loss of interest in many games and a great loss of revenue. They say there is no politics in sport but there IS such things as policy decisions. I am not saying last night loss was a policy decision because I have no hard evidence only possibilities, observations and deductions. Now there is another week of nail biting interest in the Liga NOS and most of the games. Be prepared for this crowning to last till end of the season.
                        Highly possible and i like the way you think Sir 😉 Sports has always been purely political and therefore corrupt

Comment

Look where Mehdi is ... non-Penalty goals and key passes

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post

honestly even with our midfield and coaching issues my only wish is to have taremi and azmoun to be healthy and fit in this wc and see what they can do vs US and scotland/wales/ukraine

Comment

Porto updates:

Uribe will return this weekend for Vizela. Otavio, Joao Mario (yellow card danger) may not be included x Vizela.

Dragao expected to be sold out for the match.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                Porto updates:
                                Uribe will return this weekend for Vizela. Otavio, Joao Mario (yellow card danger) may not be included x Vizela.
                                Dragao expected to be sold out for the match.
                                It's a must-win at home from this point on. They have room to drop full away points vs Benfica on May 7th (even though I want them to win with Mehdi scoring after end of Ramadan on May 2) but that's it. They have to beat Vizela on April 30th and Estoril on May 14 (both home matches), otherwise Sporting could catch them and win the Liga Nos title by the crazy tie breaker and is based on head-to-head matches in the league matches (1-1 away, 2-2 at Dragao) that Sporting wins based on away goals (yes they still count in Liga Nos). The GD is a second tie-breaker in Liga Nos if the head-to-head does not determine the winner which in this case does. It's very much doable and starts with a decisive win on Saturday vs Vizela. Yes, there is another mathematical scenario of winning one, drawing one and losing one and still win the League yet I don't want to cut it too close.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Working...
                                X