Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to Senegal. CQ & Egypt will come back stronger. Looking forward to the next matches between these two nations.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
      Congrats to Senegal. CQ & Egypt will come back stronger. Looking forward to the next matches between these two nations.
      With the talented attacking players that Egypt had, the defensive minded tactics of CQ is only justified if he gets the results. I think the next two games against Senegal might be Do or Die for him. He has to take Egypt to the world cup, otherwise they will cancel him i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
        Carlols queiroz. How are you going to have the best player in the world in your team and deploy a gameplan that completely takes him out of the game?
        Not even let him take a PEN???
        He was supposed to take the 5th penalty I think.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
          It's clear CQ tactics cannot win a senior championship. Again another failed attempt. CQ always a day late and dollar short. I'm sure he has a scapegoat lined up.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
          i have to respectfully disagree, he was a coinflip from winning it.. cant realy bash his gameplans and tactics for loosing in a final on penalties..
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
            i have to respectfully disagree, he was a coinflip from winning it.. cant realy bash his gameplans and tactics for loosing in a final on penalties..
            Fair enough, but one should mention, that on the other hand he made it to the finals based on penalties two times..

Comment

You can ask egyptian fans...nobody predicted this team going this far, specially after they lost 3-4 starters along the way.

Ofc their games were close, they simply lack quality in the midfield zone particularly, relying on elneny who has played like 60 minutes for arsenal in 2 years. Ivory Coast, Morocco, and Cameroon (in front of home crowd) are no joke and with senegal and algeria the 5 best african sides on paper.

And still they had the chances tonight to win, mendy made some great saves, hamdy missed a great chance with a header. Not to say senegal didnt have a ton of chances either, but the very fact egypt are competitive in this match with senegal bringing on subs with the quality of marseille, villareal starters shows they did a job.

One thing I do like is the timing of AFCON. Every 2 years feels right for these sort of comps. Would love asian cup to be every 2 years as well, keeping WC at traditional 4 year intervals.

Comment

CQ be Mesr nazm o zehniyate gorohi daadeh.

Hich kas in bazikonhaa raa nemishnaaseh chon az lige daakheli hastand.

Senegal kheili az bazikonhaash dar Europa baazi mikone.

Har do team vaghean hagheshoon bood beresand be final.
                DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                  Fair enough, but one should mention, that on the other hand he made it to the finals based on penalties two times..
                  that is true,

maybe its better not to draw to big conclusions and just say he had a good tournament. and in the end thts what one can expect and hope for.. i have a hard time for this critisizings as he lost all games and was outed early. egypt had a solid performance.
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

This loss won't bother me in the slightest if we beat them in the playoffs.

The fact one of Senegal/Egypt will miss the WC is very poor from CAF.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
                      This loss won't bother me in the slightest if we beat them in the playoffs.
                      The fact one of Senegal/Egypt will miss the WC is very poor from CAF.
                      How do Egyptians feel with CQ performance so far?

PS: It shouldn't bother you, because you guys have already won the Africa Cup 7 times, more than any other African Nation!

Comment

Shoutout to my man Otto Rehhagel but is there a better manager for setting up an underdog tournament side than our king? First getting a group of impoverished children of the Islamic Republic to a fantastic 2 WCs and 1 AC quarter and 1 AC semi and now this. He gave birth to Taremi and I have a feeling he'll do the same to this Salah kid. Bow down and appreciate him once again.

Go CQ!

Comment

yeah its so sad that one of these 2 teams will miss world cup. both teams has the potential to go past group stages.
                          Caf shoot themselves in the foot with this playoff, both these teams are realy exhiting.
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Another positive note for Egypt and CQ is already the development of the nucleus of a successful CQ side.

Low drama players who will work their ass off. Very solid defensive options with Hegazi, Wensh, Abdenmoneim, Fattouh, and physical, fast front line designed for counter in marmoush, mohamed, and salah.

Sort of like TM that midfield is a hole for them. I would say our midfield currently is actually better off. There is a lack of quality there big time. Tonight there was at least 7 instances where a simple diagonal under little pressure to the free player could have resulted in opposite wing have a run on goal, chance to beat his guy 1v1. Their midfielders lined up the pass for 15 seconds and ended up playing crappy short balls. A lot of them dont have such a pass in their skillset... IF CQ can find a better combination there to get more consistent balls to start counter attacks they will be in business.

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                              So his ability to win is up to chance? Ya pretty much agree with that assessment.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Seriously there is an afcon in june 2023??

Comment

Working...
                                X