Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though they are not generally regarded highly, Iraq is the most overrated team in Asia.

Today, they overachieved. They have never had been alive for a playoff position on their last match date. Terrible team.

Cannot believe UAE beat South Korea. Unbelievable from them, credit where it's due.
    "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
      Nazare bande:

Yeki az ZAIFTARIN gorohaaye faaze moghadamaati dar taarikhe footbaale Iran.

Koreye Jonoobi ham zaiftar az chandin saale pish ast.

Digare teamhaa dar in goroh ye mosht laboo-forosh o sabzi-foroosh az khavaare miyaaneh hastand.
      Sad that all we do is discredit others (Laboo-forosh o sabzi-foroosh) to minimize our own accomplishments.

I feel we had an amazing WC qualification campaign, and all teams in our group played at a high level. All over the world, soccer parity is happening. All teams know how to get the best conditioning, good coaching and good tactics, and that is why we don't see blow outs in WC qualifiers. Small island nations give European powerhouses a run for their money and even North Macedonia can beat Italy. Of course, the quality of players matter, but with basic skills, great conditioning and decent tactics, a weaker team can get results 3 or 4 times out of 10.

These days, the difference between winning and losing is which team gives 101% and which team gives 99%... We gave 99% against SK (Perhaps because we had already qualified) while they were hungry and gave 101%. Today, SK gave 99% (Perhaps because they had already qualified and beat Iran to boot) and UAE was super hungry and gave 101%.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
        Even though they are not generally regarded highly, Iraq is the most overrated team in Asia.

Today, they overachieved. They have never had been alive for a playoff position on their last match date. Terrible team.

Cannot believe UAE beat South Korea. Unbelievable from them, credit where it's due.
        Fire bento, open some thread about leonardo jardim in KFDC!

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
          I actually disagree that this is a weaker Korean side to years past. They have a number of legionnaires that are performing well and at times look very good.
          I agree. Despite that amazing win against Germany in WC who basically crashed and burned, this Korea team is definitely stronger than 2018. I am not sure about 2014 though.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
            Lets do some comparisons . Sardar also missed a penalty in that game

Milad jaan unfortunately these comparisons aren’t useful for two teams heading the the WC. None of the teams we will play against will be at the level of UAE unless New Zealand somehow makes it and gets grouped with us. SK struggles against Arab teams (historically as much as we do) - in the WC they have a solid record, we don’t. That’s where the concern is right now is results against teams on the level of an average WC team. So far we have 1 draw and 1 loss from Skocic in that Dept.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Holy crap, I can't believe I am saying this, but props to UAE for helping us out

Comment

It doesn't take the sting out of our shit performance against Korea last week but I am very happy UAE beat them. I never thought I would ever say such a sentence.

We will go into the World Cup as the highest ranked Asian team, as group winners and with the most points in qualification. That is a lot to be proud of.

The only asterisk next to our name is just getting 1 point in two matches against Korea.

Comment

Do we know if CAF games are in YouTube again?

Edit: Fifa YouTube channel showing all games live for free in Canada!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                  Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                    Milad jaan unfortunately these comparisons aren’t useful for two teams heading the the WC. None of the teams we will play against will be at the level of UAE unless New Zealand somehow makes it and gets grouped with us. SK struggles against Arab teams (historically as much as we do) - in the WC they have a solid record, we don’t. That’s where the concern is right now is results against teams on the level of an average WC team. So far we have 1 draw and 1 loss from Skocic in that Dept.
                    Ghermez Agha jan, we can't draw any serious conclusion from two games. Not statistically significant and I'll explain why. Imagine if Ezatolahi's shot and/or Taremi's shot against SK in Tehran were two inches over to the right. The score line would be one win for Iran and one for SK and all your concerns would have melted away because the two games against the WC quality team were evenly split. We should look at it more holistically and I think us finishing on top of Korea in the group can represent that. Every team can have a bad match or injuries or covid, etc... but over 10 games they even themselves out more...

Comment

Lasers and vuvuzillas all around Senegal game lol

Comment

Egypt concedes! 1-0 Senegal. Less than 5 min in. Egypt cannot park the bus now!

Comment

Come on Egypt! We need that second pot.
                          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

atmosphere is like World Cup match. Beautiful stadium, packed with crazy, loud fans, and game itself is high intensity packed with quality players.

Comment

Let’s see if CQ can return after he goes down has to lose his defensive shape early

Comment

Now CQ and Ciss coach of Senegal feuding. Typical CQ Tom foolery!

Comment

Working...
                                X