Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
    I honestly believe that we are and I don’t think they would spank us at all. I am saying that for natural talent we have the best in Asia at the moment but that we lack the infrastructure to make more of it . Which is a shame.
    If he had the infrastructure and financial support, Iran could easily advance to the knockouts every time.. We had better natural talents than korea, japan, ksa, aussi

Comment

Well well well. All of a sudden the game @lebanon will be very very tricky, They will be feeling very confident after that win. They are difficult to break down unless they open up, so maybe ghaedi/ghoddos will help with that (knowing skocic neither will start, and will only come on if we we drawn or losing with 20 minutes left)

Comment

couple of observations from watching Lebanon vs Syria

1. Lebanon match is going to be really tough. They are a physical, dirty team that play to their strength. I'd be happy with a draw away to them!!!
        2. Syria's "home" pitch is horrific. They have resorted to the same trick of playing on bad surfaces to reduce the effectiveness of our technical players.

None of our remaining matches are easy. All these teams are really tricky, play filthy and super-motivated against Iran.

Comment

Iraq made a mistake to let go of Katanec and their even biggest mistake was not to get CQ.

I was speaking to iraqi friend who is a news reporter and it seems that their federation has pulled mark wilmots. Lots of money going around for this new coach.

Comment

Originally posted by ashimashi View Post
            couple of observations from watching Lebanon vs Syria

1. Lebanon match is going to be really tough. They are a physical, dirty team that play to their strength. I'd be happy with a draw away to them!!!
            2. Syria's "home" pitch is horrific. They have resorted to the same trick of playing on bad surfaces to reduce the effectiveness of our technical players.

None of our remaining matches are easy. All these teams are really tricky, play filthy and super-motivated against Iran.
            We need to have the Syria game played in Qatar but I heard its going to be in Jordan.

Comment

how many more wins for qualification ?

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                how many more wins for qualification ?
                Honestly 2 more wins is probably enough at this point. I don’t see Iraq/uae/Lebanon getting 16 or more points

Comment

Iraq equalized 1-1

Comment

I think the thing that goes for us the most is that the other teams in our group apart from Korea will all take points off each other, I can see a lot more draws.
                    I think 3 more wins and we will definitely qualify.

China pulled one back against Saudi.

Comment

I never knew China has two Brazilians in their squad.. I guess they joined UAE, Qatar to the party.

Comment

Love these Pan-Arab ties in our group

Comment

Hi everyone,
                          Where can I watch the other group games live?
                          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Irani View Post
                            Hi everyone,
                            Where can I watch the other group games live?
                            Thanks.
                            hesgoal.com

Comment

Saudi 3-1 up.

Comment

iraq scored 2-1!!

Comment

Working...
                                X