Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
    They do well in Asia but crumble in the World Cup. They are the 8-0ers, after all. They even lost 5-0 to Russia in the 2018 WC.
    It's because they play offensive against bigger teams like they do against Asians. This is what worries me with Skocic. With him we do much better against these small Arab nations like UAE, Bahrain and Iraq than we did with CQ but if we play the likes of Germany and Brazil, we are doomed. Only with CQ tactics (parking the bus like your life depends on) we have a chance of beating the best teams in the world. The next match vs Korea will tell us a lot.

Comment

wow, everything is going in our favor! 1 win and a tie against sk and iraq and we’re home free!

Comment

Japan with 3 points after 3 matches !!!!!

Shocker of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
          The other group has a lot of action and excitement while in our group 4 out of 6 teams haven't won a single match lol
          our group must be the absolute weakest AFC World Cup qualifier teams (Except us) of all time.

I was watching the game today, and you could pick a random fattie from the park and he'd be more of a pro keeper than Emirati keeper, or random people off the street who'd fight harder to stop Gholizadeh/Taremi dribbles.

Asian standards (at least in our group) are incredibly low. These teams stink!

We'll take Korea to cleaners too....

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
            The other group has a lot of action and excitement while in our group 4 out of 6 teams haven't won a single match lol
            We'll take it! Iran has been through some killer groups. It's nice to have one round we can breath easy!

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
              our group must be the absolute weakest AFC World Cup qualifier teams (Except us) of all time.

I was watching the game today, and you could pick a random fattie from the park and he'd be more of a pro keeper than Emirati keeper, or random people off the street who'd fight harder to stop Gholizadeh/Taremi dribbles.

Asian standards (at least in our group) are incredibly low. These teams stink!

We'll take Korea to cleaners too....
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_F...AFC)#Group_1_2

Comment

Does anyone know why KSA is allowed to have a packed house while other countries like Korea or Iran have to play in empty stadium ??

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                  Does anyone know why KSA is allowed to have a packed house while other countries like Korea or Iran have to play in empty stadium ??
                  It surely depends on the country's Covid protocols and nothing to do with AFC.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    Japan with 3 points after 3 matches !!!!!

Shocker of the day.
                    And they haven't played SA or Australia yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                      And they haven't played SA or Australia yet...
                      ???
                      They lost to SA 0-1 today.

Comment

???
                        They lost to SA 0-1 today.
                        Alright. I'll put the pipe down and stop smoking!!!! The stress of Iran-UAE has not left me yet!!!

Comment

Iran/SK and Aussie/SA are running away from the rest of their group.

Iran and SK have 9 and 7 points, respectively. Next closest team is at 2 points.

Aussie and SA have 9 points each. Next closest team is at 3 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                            Still own of the most painful moments in our football history. 4 of our players stop running to complain to the ref in the middle of the game. Embarrassing.
                            I counted 5 and it was initiated by Kannani.

Comment

Iran/SK and Aussie/SA are running away from the rest of their group.

Iran and SK have 9 and 7 points, respectively. Next closest team is at 2 points.

Aussie and SA have 9 points each. Next closest team is at 3 points.
                              a win against Korea and I think it's a done deal
                              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Hello friends. Do you know where I can watch full replays for Iran vs UAE and SK vs Syria?

Comment

Working...
                                X