Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
    No difference IMO. UAE won’t win all of their next 4 games.
    If they win 3 games( highly unlikely) we need to win 1( lol) and draw 1 of our remaining 5 games to finish infront of them.
    It might even be enough with 1 win as our GD is much better.
    If Lebanon had won they would have had 8 points, so its better that UAE won, since now they only have 6. Its always better for your opponents to have as little points as possible.

Comment

Saudi defeats Vietnam and has now 16p in group A.

Comment

Poor Vietnam has lost all their 6 matches. Was expecting more from them.

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
          Our group is so bad, it's hilarious !!!!

Is it me or does something feel off about these qualifiers? I mean it's mostly the fans and stadiums. China/Australia (previously) playing home games in Qatar, half of our group being warttorn with no home games...The intense world cup qualifier atmosphere is missed!

I miss going to a packed Saitama/Seoul.....even that amazing dramatic comeback in Beirut felt strange due to the lack of crowd.

I had such Nostalgia I watched highlights of Iraq 1-2 Iran from 2002 qualifiers where Mirzapour gifted the Iraqis a goal, but then Daei won us the game towards the end. I believe that's the last time we played in Baghdad in an incredibly hostile and tense atmosphere....brought back goosebumps !
          Only the results matters for him, don't care about the context. Also, except Korea, most of our other games is a loss of time that prevent us to improve

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
            This is what happens when you let everyone in. Just wait for a 48 team World Cup.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Iraq - South Korea one hour before our game.
              Iran - Syria. This is Iran's home game, why play in Jordon?!

Vietnam 0 - 1 Saudi Arabia, although I do not like Saudi Arabia, they will qualify and the can drive to Qatar with a similar weather and condition(s).
              China Australia, China will lose. Australia has a chance to WC.
              Oman - Japan, at the same time as our game with Syria Oman has travelled to Japan?! Why?
              If Oman loses, Branko will lose his job. A tie, Japan will be the third team to play more game(s) for qualification.
              چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

If Lebanon had won they would have had 8 points, so its better that UAE won, since now they only have 6. Its always better for your opponents to have as little points as possible.
                You misunderstood me. I was referring to the difference between a tie and UAE win.
                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
                  Iraq - South Korea one hour before our game.
                  Iran - Syria. This is Iran's home game, why play in Jordon?!

Vietnam 0 - 1 Saudi Arabia, although I do not like Saudi Arabia, they will qualify and the can drive to Qatar with a similar weather and condition(s).
                  China Australia, China will lose. Australia has a chance to WC.
                  Oman - Japan, at the same time as our game with Syria Oman has travelled to Japan?! Why?
                  If Oman loses, Branko will lose his job. A tie, Japan will be the third team to play more game(s) for qualification.
                  Iran already played Syria in Tehran.
                  This is the away tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    Iran already played Syria in Tehran.
                    This is the away tie.
                    And we won!

Comment

Italy did not qualify directly after playing Switzerland. They maybe out of this WC too.
                      They have to play in a group of 12 which three will qualify to Qatar WC. It will be difficult.

Comment

Italy did not qualify directly after playing Switzerland. They maybe out of this WC too.
                        They have to play in a group of 12 which three will qualify to Qatar WC. It will be difficult.
                        yess, there will be 3 groups of four teams, with seeded and unseeded teams. in every group there will be 2 semifinals and then a final that decides witch of the 4 teams that gets the ticket to qatar.
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Me too! They were impressive in Asian Cup and I was looking at their results right now and even to Mid 2021 they were okay (draw with Jordan, losing to UAE 3-2) but then something happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
                            Me too! They were impressive in Asian Cup and I was looking at their results right now and even to Mid 2021 they were okay (draw with Jordan, losing to UAE 3-2) but then something happened?
                            Maybe they were over performing in a tournament. It often happens with small teams

Comment

ترکیب ایران: امیر عابدزاده، صادق محرمی، احسان حاج صفی، شجاع خلیل*زاده، سعید عزت*اللهی، امید نورافکن، احمد نوراللهی، وحید امیری، محمد حسین کنعانی*زادگان، علی قلی زاده و سردار آزمون

A little surprised that Sayadmanesh is not playing. Noorafkan is not very good. What the hell, Hajsafi is starting.

Comment

ترکیب ایران: امیر عابدزاده، صادق محرمی، احسان حاج صفی، شجاع خلیل*زاده، سعید عزت*اللهی، امید نورافکن، احمد نوراللهی، وحید امیری، محمد حسین کنعانی*زادگان، علی قلی زاده و سردار آزمون
                                A little surprised that Sayadmanesh is not playing. Noorafkan is not very good. What the hell, Hajsafi is starting.
                                Nourafkan is an average player that only look ok against weak opposition. I don't understand how a proven euro legionnaires like milmo is benched for him

Comment

Working...
                                X