Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    I referenced a period after the goal. Not the entire match. Although last 5 min lots of time wasting. Dude can't stop the bleeding yet he keeps coming on. Others rolling too.
    Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    He obviously wants to play for his team in an important game....

Senegal given such soft calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      Now egypt is just doing silly stereotypical arab time wasting after the second time the guy with the nosebleed stopped play for his bloody nose he should have been taken out….now this is the third stop for the same incident. I liked the response from the ref telling el shanawy he will just add more time on, we need that kinda officiating in AFC
      He was subbed out, it was a serious injury that did not allow him to continue after further evaluation.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
        He obviously wants to play for his team in an important game....

Senegal given such soft calls.
        That’s very understood but I think it fair to say if you stop the game more than once after the initial injury you should not be allowed to continue. It’s 120% unfair to the team trying to get in a rhythm (and this is coming from someone rooting for egypt).
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

For all those hoping CQ will come back to Iran if Egypt loses: Sorry, that ship has sailed long ago (due to IFF incompetence and horrible decision making). The only way TM will see CQ is in the World Cup as an opponent. For that reason alone, I hope Egypt is triumphant. I would love to play against Egypt and CQ in the WC. It would be a sweet reunion between a father and his sons.

Comment

Originally posted by ben.walken View Post
            Not sure what game you are watching, but Egypt has the game in control and it's dictating the rhythm of it. Possession is about equal, they are ahead a goal and had more dangerous chances (Senegal had 0 shots on goal in 40 minutes so far).
            Senegal has had great chances just poor final third touches. Possession decidedly swung their way now. But overall even. Egypt started well Senegal finished better. Just don't like all the time wasting. Every free kick takes 5 min to take lol

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
              Now egypt is just doing silly stereotypical arab time wasting after the second time the guy with the nosebleed stopped play for his bloody nose he should have been taken out….now this is the third stop for the same incident. I liked the response from the ref telling el shanawy he will just add more time on, we need that kinda officiating in AFC
              Actually, this is what could happen with a broken nose. Remember Saeid's broken nose in the match against Iraq. He came back in and eventually had to leave. Broken nose is tricky because the pain that my not be as bad during the heat of the moment with adrenaline pumping becomes excruciating after a while.

Go TM!

Comment

At this point, since we will likely be in pot c, our thinking should be the opposite of what it was when we wanted to make pot b.
                We want weaker teams like Senegal and Uruguay to win so there’s a chance they’re our pot b team. They’re at least beatable. We don’t want our pot b team to be Denmark, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Croatia.

Comment

Wow Egypt goalie nice 1 handed save.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                    Actually, this is what could happen with a broken nose. Remember Saeid's broken nose in the match against Iraq. He came back in and eventually had to leave. Broken nose is tricky because the pain that my not be as bad during the heat of the moment with adrenaline pumping becomes excruciating after a while.

Go TM!
                    Yeah which is why he should have gone out after the second stop. I respect his toughness and desire to continue but it’s not fair to stop the game after that.

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                    Wow Egypt goalie nice 1 handed save.

That guy is a total beast….surprised a euro team hasn’t scooped him up yet.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

They have 2 good keepers in AL Shenawy and Gabaski.

Comment

Can't we still make pot 2 if a bunch of stuff goes our way? we can at least start with Senegal losing to Egypt

Comment

Senegal must not have a domestic league. All their players are Euro based. Really dominating possession and chances now.

Comment

Originally posted by arj42 View Post
                            Can't we still make pot 2 if a bunch of stuff goes our way? we can at least start with Senegal losing to Egypt
                            I think with what happened in South American qualifiers, even if we had beaten Korea, Pot 2 would not have been possible.

Comment

After a full day of watching African WCQs I have to say it hits me even more now how much of a shame it is that one of the two between Senegal and Egypt won’t be at the WC. Easily the two most organized teams in Africa which the results showed in the latest AFCON and reinforced today for anyone who was following and watching closely.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                                Hopefully Senegal, Cameroon, Congo, and Mali can make a comeback, but it doesn't look like it
                                Useless senegal, mali and cameroun. May they burn in hell

Comment

Working...
                                X