Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s definitely been a back and forth game where Aussie looks better for a 5-10 mins period then it shifts to Peru….both teams look like they really want it but are playing somewhat cautiously too.

Aaron Mooy still has a ton of quality to offer despite playing in the CSL the last few years
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
      I think this game is being played in one of the air-conditioned stadiums in Qatar. I wish we had played in such a stadium yesterday. Thanks again IFF...
      And yet the marathon jerseys Peru are wearing look like soggy towels lol.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

This last 13+ mins is when australia needs to try to catch Peru sleeping - Peru is looking super tired, Aussie looks to have more steady and fresher legs.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

just among ourselves, we have some serious player quality issue. Look at these Koreans and Japanese, the the way they play, touch the ball, move and follow plan is like they learned this since they were 5 years old. Our players on the other hand don't have a proper learning base. Is like jumping from grade 1 to 12 without completing grade 2-11. They don't know how this game is played.

Comment

That should have been looked at IMO - probably was a penalty!
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Aus had so many chances, they can’t finish

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                just among ourselves, we have some serious player quality issue. Look at these Koreans and Japanese, the the way they play, touch the ball, move and follow plan is like they learned this since they were 5 years old. Our players on the other hand don't have a proper learning base. Is like jumping from grade 1 to 12 without completing grade 2-11. They don't know how this game is played.
                Lack of true grassroots programs, in addition to cultural bias such as "you must become doctor, lawyer or engineer!".

Comment

0:0 Aus-Peru
                  Extra Time is Underway

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad21 View Post
                    Aus had so many chances, they can’t finish
                    It seems like Australia has been like this as long as I remember.

Comment

Asian football is really becoming dominant these days...

Comment

If I’m not mistaken matty Ryan isn’t very good at stopping PK’s right?

Pedro Galesse is pretty good in that department, that I know for sure.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          If I’m not mistaken matty Ryan isn’t very good at stopping PK’s right?
                          Pedro Galesse is pretty good in that department, that I know for sure.
                          Peru had two great chances in 2nd extra time period by Flores and could have won it then and there.

But going to penalties now.

Australia had prior already replaced Mat Ryan in goal with Andrew Redmayne with penalties in mind, while Peru, unfortunately for them, had lost one of their best penalty takers Cueva due to injury who was carried off on a stretcher.

Comment

Aus goalkeeper dancing in the goal is so clownish, Ryan is much better anyway

Comment

Australia goalie is a meme

Comment

Hoping one of the Peruvians belts the ball off the Aussie keepers face.

Comment

Working...
                                X