Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking News: TM List for Lebanon and Syria announced (11/2022) *TAREMI DROPPED*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, both Dragan and Mehdi misinterpreted each other's statements. It's unfortunate that it escalated to this level. Having said that, I don't think the punishment fits the crime. And it certainly isn't just Mehdi being punished, but the whole team's dynamics and psychology as a result (he could have chose to bench Mehdi against Lebanon for example).

Additionally, I don't buy the argument that Mehdi should be made an example of, so others don't follow suit and openly criticize the coach. This argument has been tried in much bigger arenas, and clearly doesn't work (not to get too political, but it was the argument Kissinger used to go to war against Vietnam to stop the spread of communism, known as the "domino theory", and we also know the death penalty doesn't deter crime, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
      Not to take sides, but if we can't play against Lebanon and Syria without Taremi, then we have a lot bigger problems that we need to deal with. Any player can get injured at any time. It's actually a blessing to be able to get some one else to pair up with Azmoun. I hope it is Allahyar that gets the nod to start instead of Taremi.

Good luck to the Team and hope we demolish both Lebanon and Syria and Allahyar gets a brace in each game.
      Totally agree. Though I would argue that an injury/red card/etc is very different than a player in their prime getting banned by the coach. The psychological and dynamic impacts on the team are very different.

Comment

Great comments Dr. Doom (reflects mine on the Sko appreciation thread too hahaha )

Taremi is not in the right here by any means. Let’s not forget he did something similar publicly on national TV a couple of months ago to which Skocic turned a blind eye too…

Credit to Skocic where it’s due and credit to him for having the balls to stand up to unprofessional behaviour.

All for TM!
        Support Iran until the end

Comment

Once again....CQ can do whatever the heck he wants, his credentials allow for that. Unfortunately, you do not have the same priveleges if your biggest achievement is the local Dubrovnik Hotdog Eating challenge. Don't compare the two.

Comment

I don’t see why not?

Your team is winning game after game, and you decide to start problems publically… doesn’t sound like the right thing to do even if your boss isn’t the same guy who was there previously
            Support Iran until the end

Comment

Breaking News: TM List for Lebanon and Syria announced (11/2022) *TAREMI DROPPED*

I think the situation for Tarmi got really worse. If he is invited again this “dis-invitation” would make him look as if he was punished like a school kid. That would not set well with him.

Now we are in the way of of no return.

The TM management should have sorted this out before it got to this level.

And BTW for those with short memories this all started with the coach blaming TM players for lack of tactical skills.
              .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                IMO, both Dragan and Mehdi misinterpreted each other's statements. It's unfortunate that it escalated to this level. Having said that, I don't think the punishment fits the crime. And it certainly isn't just Mehdi being punished, but the whole team's dynamics and psychology as a result (he could have chose to bench Mehdi against Lebanon for example).
                Hold on a Min! how is Skocic misinterpreted this! Taremi was clearly replying to Skocic on TWITTER! Whether he meant IFF or Skocic is not important! The fact that he was back chatting to skocic implying that he is wrong , is all it matters!

Also what about his interview, which he said it was all players who did the job . (im sure the video has been posted here) ! It looks like the problem existed before ! Maybe if he was benched after that interview this all could've been avoided!

Honestly I blame taremi on this. If I was skocic i would've done the same! infact any decent coach would've done the same!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post

Additionally, I don't buy the argument that Mehdi should be made an example of, so others don't follow suit and openly criticize the coach. This argument has been tried in much bigger arenas, and clearly doesn't work (not to get too political, but it was the argument Kissinger used to go to war against Vietnam to stop the spread of communism, known as the "domino theory", and we also know the death penalty doesn't deter crime, etc).
                  Diz, I disagree with your political example. I have a better political example which is similar to this incident.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                    Hold on a Min! how is Skocic misinterpreted this! Taremi was clearly replying to Skocic on TWITTER! Whether he meant IFF or Skocic is not important! The fact that he was back chatting to skocic implying that he is wrong, is all it matters!
                    Also what about his interview, which he said it was all players who did the job . (im sure the video has been posted here) ! It looks like the problem existed before ! Maybe if he was benched after that interview this all could've been avoided!
                    Honestly I blame taremi on this. If I was skocic i would've done the same! infact any decent coach would've done the same!
                    LOL. We had several members here fearing Mehdi would be banned by IFF/IR cause they thought he was referring to the regime when his tweet first came out. You/Dragan can interpret the tweet however you like. And there in lies the problem with the punishment being too excessive. If he had accused Dragan directly of being incompetent or something more personal, then yes, I would totally agree with his ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                      Once again....CQ can do whatever the heck he wants, his credentials allow for that. Unfortunately, you do not have the same priveleges if your biggest achievement is the local Dubrovnik Hotdog Eating challenge. Don't compare the two.

Once again .... once you've appointed XXX as your head coach, you, your squad and everyone HAVE TO abide by laws of professionalism.

Now, if you have problems with the caliber of XXX, then it is NOT HIS FAULT. You go pick a fight with the ppl WHO CHOSE HIM.

But as far as pro sports world goes, you, as a player, MUST follow the correct demeanor and behavior of a pro athlete ... or face the consequences as is seen everywhere else in the world.

Comment

CQ was all about me and my players against the world. He would never bad mouth the players he considered worthy of being on the team. And even the most ignorant person whoever watched soccer would tell you that his Iran team's did not have any outstanding players but they sure were tactically coached up and they were one of the teams that no one wanted to play. This guy who was coaching Tabriz High until about a month ago ends up with players that CQ coached who are now all playing professionally around the world and doing great. He has what two Iran based players that he said are like his sons. He has successfully beaten a bunch of teams who are totally beatable. Yes I know we could not beat Iraq before but we should chalk that up to Iraq's team sucking now as opposed to this guy. I am starting to think that "these other places" that Mehdi referred to, are behind this ban. It is only normal for someone playing in the Champion's league on Tuesday to travel and go through the poor conditions, lack of facilities, poor diet, and listen to the crap the Tabriz High guy is talking about and then be told that players cannot learn tactics. He might just post "I don't think so coach".

Comment

Yes. Let's not forget that keeping a player of his caliber out of action for too long would be untenable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmad_DC View Post
                            CQ was all about me and my players against the world. He would never bad mouth the players he considered worthy of being on the team. And even the most ignorant person whoever watched soccer would tell you that his Iran team's did not have any outstanding players but they sure were tactically coached up and they were one of the teams that no one wanted to play. This guy who was coaching Tabriz High until about a month ago ends up with players that CQ coached who are now all playing professionally around the world and doing great. He has what two Iran based players that he said are like his sons. He has successfully beaten a bunch of teams who are totally beatable. Yes I know we could not beat Iraq before but we should chalk that up to Iraq's team sucking now as opposed to this guy. I am starting to think that "these other places" that Mehdi referred to, are behind this ban. It is only normal for someone playing in the Champion's league on Tuesday to travel and go through the poor conditions, lack of facilities, poor diet, and listen to the crap the Tabriz High guy is talking about and then be told that players cannot learn tactics. He might just post "I don't think so coach".
                            I'm sure there are plenty of members here to refresh your memory on what CQ's view of Iranian league and general level of football in Iran was

Comment

Dropping Taremi is reflective of true sickness of minds and weakness of personalities. It reminds me of Mayeli Gohan dropping Ali Daie because he had made a simple comment that the other teams read TM game tactics. I am equally surprised at Hashemian and Bagheri who have gone along with this nonsense. When you have weak personalities like this, then Federation president must interfere and remind EVERYONE that such BS is not acceptable at the national team level. Period.

A mature and a confident coach would have invited Taremi and would have discussed any issues in person and in direct talk. If Taremi would refuse to come to TM camp, that is a different story and the coach has every right to drop him. Something that CQ did with two star iranian players. God, we miss that great Coach and his stature in our football.

Bottom line, dropping Taremi because of such tweets in absolute nonsense and we should not accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                                I deleted the name here since there are plenty of ppl saying this and making fools of themselves.
                                Nothing personal against the chap who actually wrote this. I am pointing at a whole lot of fools on the board here tho'
                                1- Whether Skocic is high caliber or not is not his fault.
                                He was offered the job by the broke IFF and he accepted.
                                this silly notion of blaming Skocic for IFF's low caliber pick is nonsense. You want to blame someone, then blame the IFF for picking him.
                                2- He said compared to europeans, Iranian players in IPL are great players, highly technical and smart. But have shortcomings in tactical dept.
                                exactly which part of this is wrong?
                                he actually praised our players and said plenty of positive things about them before saying THE TRUTH abut our tactical shortcomings.
                                3- hahaha. Actually CQ went way farther than disrespecting our football and league.
                                he deemed the IPL as some silly unnecessary nuisance that can and should be halted any time he wanted!
                                He always said we had shortcomings in all sorts of things (many of them true)
                                So lets drop this nonsensical comparison
                                I wish everyone would take a step back and think (I know. for some ppl it might actually cause nausea and vomiting if they think too hard. But alas, it must be done) before writing stuff like this.
                                ----------
                                Then we have some fools going too far by wishing defeat of TM, just to say "TM without taremi" is not possible!!!
                                I mean how idiotic can someone get?
                                But I find this mindset quite pitiful and pitiable.
                                so grow up ppl.
                                This is the professional world.
                                when a player opens his mouth, he OUGHT TO be wise enough to know what he says matters.
                                and if he makes a mistake, if not fr himself, at least for the good of the team and nation, he must rectify it.
                                even if not apologizing, at least LIE and say I meant to say this or that.
                                taremi has been very spoilt, selfish and egotistical to let this sit and fester.
                                Now, he is taught a lesson in professionalism.
                                Post of the year
                                Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                                http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                                [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                                Villa + Messi =

Comment

Working...
                                X