Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL - Are Persian Gulf League players as tactical as European League players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLL - Are Persian Gulf League players as tactical as European League players?

simple poll.
    I hope you all will put aside your agendas and bias towards the player or coach and actually answer this TRUTHFULLY (as hard as it may seem ATM).

We all know the level of Iran's PERSIAN GULF LEAGUE's tactical quotient . We all know European league's.
    Are they at the same level?

Note, since votes are evident, you might be asked questions about your choice, or asked to explain
    PGL's is ON PAR with European Leagues
    0%
    PGL's is lower than European Leagues
    0%
    PGL's is higher than European League's
    0%
    I'm an idiot & need a ValiFaghih to decide for me
    0%

The poll is expired.

No way.
    Just look at our U23 team. No Tactical play.
    And they are the best U23 players we have in Iran
    Players hog the ball, dribble and pass when they can not shoot or when they run out of real estate.

Comment

Can we have a 'lololololol' option, please?

Comment

Just the fact that Taremi made those comments and cost himself a call up which in result makes our team weaker, shows that we are tactically inferior.
        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Will I get banned from watching TM games if I answer the poll? 🤔

Comment

The answer is pretty obvious. Iranian players have always been known for technique rather than tactic. That's why we are elite level in Futsal and beach football but still haven't gone above Asia when it comes to 11 aside Football itself.

Comment

Even diabaté says Iranian players are inferior to European tactically

Comment

think a more relevant question is if the coaches in ipl are tacticaly comparable to coaches in top 5 leagues in europe or not.

i believe cq showed that the a bunch of players will adapt to any tactics, as long as i can remember before cq, we had shit organized defence in tm, so our players werent used to these tactics, but they sure adapted to that in a good way. so the issue here is more the tactical skills of the previous coaches in tm before cq, and now after and same goes with ipl coaches tactical abilities.

so, of above mentioned reasons i declare this poll unvotable for me but i would love a poll about the coaches in ipl. or a poll asking is it the coaches or the players ore none of them above mentioned that has tactical shortcomings,,

and sorry to be the partypooper in this threrad but i really believe the question that is relevant is about the coaches and that it is proved by cq, that our players from ipl sure can adapt to tactics they havent been used to before.

and offcource, in a realy good footballing education, a team of pre junior players learrnes for an example, what areas that are forbidden to make turnovers and so on, and maybe some of our players havnt learned that, i dont know, but these things are realy easely adressed and fixed by a decent coach when going through and presenting their system for the players, se my example above with cq and tactics, and again cq proved that, so again the problem in the end lands in the coaches lap, tactical compentence and teaching players competence according to me.
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I don't have enough exposure to the PGL, so I don't feel qualified to answer this question. But most likely, the top leagues in Europe and some South American leagues utilize a higher level of tactics. There's a reason that they are considered the leading football nations.

But, Iranians have way more than just street football in them! If the generalisation is that Iranians don't have the ability to follow and internalize tactics, that's just plain wrong. In fact, I think the natural (based on the popularity of the game and how many Iranians play and watch the game), the level of tactical understanding is well developed.

As Keshwardoost said, the real issue is one of coaching and I'd add: management. I don't even think it's because Iran doesn't produce good coaches or managers, but there is a systematic issue at play that doesn't allow the best people to rise up to those positions in Iranian football. Plus, in all fairness, it's also lack of exposure to the best teams. just imagine where Iran would be in 5 years if it was in UEFA!

Also, I think it's also important to consider strategy, not just tactics. For example, I think Queiroz actually used relatively little tactical variation, but had an ironclad strategy and the players fully internalized that. And if we're talking about strategy vs tactics I laugh in anyone's face who thinks Iranians aren't good a strategy! In fact I'd argue the opposite: Iran wouldn't have survived for thousands of years if Iranians weren't way above average strategic thinkers.

Comment

ever since
                    jame jam on dish in the 90s start showing ss and pp matches i have not missed a match.
                    i consider myself iran league junkie
                    and its very fun league to follow ,its like watching
                    an elephant fly on sky its out of this world things
                    that happens.
                    iranian players are very hard to teach since the ego is very high and if a coach is not an A HOLE they wont even respect him ,take a look at tge league and the coaches have won in the last 20 years
                    Yahya he is quiet a hole
                    bronko had no choice to become an a hole afterhis tm exoerience.
                    amir galenoie is an a hole.
                    the nicest man i can think that won the league
                    was houssien faraki.
                    so if you area coach in iran and want success abd respect becime an a hole IF NOT EXCUSE my farsi
                    BAZIKONA KHOOSHK M.......NESHOON.
                    skovic is a nice gentelman and he knows are league and iranain players hehad no choice buttoshiw his a hole side so he get respect.
                    now potential trouble makers
                    like shoja khalilzadeh think twice to make problems.

Comment

I think what Taremi meant to say is that they have the ability and the talent to be as technical as them. What he doesn’t realize is that no one accused Iranians of being stupid. The question is, how do we provide people with the opportunity?

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                        think a more relevant question is if the coaches in ipl are tacticaly comparable to coaches in top 5 leagues in europe or not.

of course NONE are.
                        But that has nothing to do with the present little hoopla at TM

The thing is atm, we CANT AFFORD such coaches, can we?
                        So we either settle for lesser coaches ... or not participate in the WC altogether.

One thing many members like you who keep on criticizing skocic's lack of resume DONT talk about is: WHOM do you think is worthy of TM?
                        I assume someone top grade. Sure.
                        HOW do you think we can get them?
                        With what money?
                        What's to attract them?
                        And what do you ppl plan to do to make that dream be realized?

Until then, we better live in reality and make do with whatever we have and at least NOT cause it more troubles

-----------

You are very correct in pointing at the more basic, infrastructural lacks we have in our football that leads to all these problems.
                        But if wishes were horses, Ahmadinejad would dance baba-karam.

it's one thing to recognize the problem. it's another to actually DO something about it.
                        there is no incentive nor care by all the officials or ppl who run and fund our football.
                        they just dont care.
                        that's why we, for all our inherent talent and potential, we fail to realize even half of our true capability and potential!

all your post does is reiterate the fact that our PGL players DO lack tactical know-how and mastery.
                        But with good coaching, exposure and their own hardwork, they CAN adopt and adapt.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                          of course NONE are.
                          But that has nothing to do with the present little hoopla at TM
                          The thing is atm, we CANT AFFORD such coaches, can we?
                          So we either settle for lesser coaches ... or not participate in the WC altogether.
                          One thing many members like you who keep on criticizing skocic's lack of resume DONT talk about is: WHOM do you think is worthy of TM?
                          I assume someone top grade. Sure.
                          HOW do you think we can get them?
                          With what money?
                          What's to attract them?
                          And what do you ppl plan to do to make that dream be realized?
                          Until then, we better live in reality and make do with whatever we have and at least NOT cause it more troubles
                          -----------
                          You are very correct in pointing at the more basic, infrastructural lacks we have in our football that leads to all these problems.
                          But if wishes were horses, Ahmadinejad would dance baba-karam.
                          it's one thing to recognize the problem. it's another to actually DO something about it.
                          there is no incentive nor care by all the officials or ppl who run and fund our football.
                          they just dont care.
                          that's why we, for all our inherent talent and potential, we fail to realize even half of our true capability and potential!
                          all your post does is reiterate the fact that our PGL players DO lack tactical know-how and mastery.
                          But with good coaching, exposure and their own hardwork, they CAN adopt and adapt.
                          Dude that has to be one of your most unconstructive misplaced posts iv read.
                          I personaly never critisized skocics cv, i critisized his lack of tactics..
                          I have actualy in several posts given suggestions on other coaches, dome joking with humor, some serious, and i have also talked about coaches that has retired that i would like. I ha ve eaven written that compared to mist domestic ones, and lack of alternatives he is the best one atm.. then this handling mehdi case came and i have said i dont thonk he should be coach anymore. So iv given plenty of suggestions and eaven said maybe we should stick to him prior to this last incident.
                          So your accusing of me is of the map.
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

There is no question that IPL is a tactically inferior league. The issue is that Skocic said IPL players are tactically inferior. What this undermines is their intrinsic ability to adapt to more demanding tactical settings which is practically an assault on their intellect. Thats why Taremi took it so personally. Regardless of the precedent set by Quieroz, that is not the sort of advertising you want from your national team coach to a European audience.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                              There is no question that IPL is a tactically inferior league. The issue is that Skocic said IPL players are tactically inferior. What this undermines is their intrinsic ability to adapt to more demanding tactical settings which is practically an assault on their intellect. Thats why Taremi took it so personally. Regardless of the precedent set by Quieroz, that is not the sort of advertising you want from your national team coach to a European audience.
                              Now thats a good angle that i havent thoutght about but i have to agree 100%, very well written post.

It is indeed a big differance between tacticaly infwriour league, and tacticaly inferiour players. Thats is very well put.

The league can be relatet to coaches , infrastructure and other things mentioned and so on.. but i believe many many of our ipl players xan adapt to new tactics. They just dont come acrossnthose midern tactics to often in ipl, but watching our euro based players, one xan se that many have adapted and learned. Some have failed but many have had good careers in europe so that also shows the differance aswell.
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                              X