This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGC View Post
    If even half of the teams in Bundesliga are as Good in introducing players ie fixing strenght, conditioning, health issues plus have phasing in plan. Then more iranians should look at lower table teams to go to.
    Gol gofti dash.
    That's the difference between european clubs and rest of the world.

Long term goals. professional evirnoment. health and nutrition experts. psychologists. etc. etc. etc. list is long.

PREPERATION IS THE KEY.
    IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
      If even half of the teams in Bundesliga are as Good in introducing players ie fixing strenght, conditioning, health issues plus have phasing in plan. Then more iranians should look at lower table teams to go to.
      Really hope Yasin Salmani can be next. The Bundesliga or La Liga.
      "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post

Amazing, he scored 2 goals against Japan in Azadi with 110,000 Iranian fans cheering.

Too bad he didn't do jack in the WC.

Or isn't doing much as an assistant now a days.

This is really unfair on Hashemian who was played in absolute no-mans land by Branko in order to accommodate a largely immobile Daei as sole centre forward.

Vahid was nicknamed der Hubschrauber and should have been the centre forward himself as a mobile forward with the young wing forwards or playmakers feeding him crosses and through balls, not hugging the side line....

Comment

One thing I am most excited for with his move to Bayer is that hopefully with a more rigorous training schedule, no random winter break in football, and higher technical expectations we can finally see his physicality and mindset get polished. This is something that never would have happened at Zenit which while did improve his game, always seemed to have a sort of easy going culture about it.

I want to see this guy get shredded by the beginning of the next season and become a 90 minute player, just like how Taremi got in peak physical shape while at Porto.

Comment

Originally posted by khabalood View Post
            So that means he is not match fit. At least it is a good sign that the team wants to get him in even better shape and hopefully pair him with Schick which is what any decent coach would do.
            yep
            watched the whole game
            he was assigned by enlarge to play the 10 spot/the old Writz's duties...!
            although he was phenomenally efficient and top class on the ball, he wasnt quite moving into passing lanes and open spaces briskly and cleverly enough so he could better transition the team into attacking ...!!
            i caught him occasionally lumbering about the midfield area looking for service but the passing lanes to serve him the ball were often closed out by the high press of the opponents and Sardar was either too positionally kheeng? or just the usual koongoshadi /still not Fully Fit enough to move into open spaces Fast enough to be able to get the ball and transition bayer into swift counters..!
            Id imagine IF ? or as soon as he attains peak personal fitness and stamina levels to be able constantly&intelligently open himself better in the crowded MF for a an outlet pass (like Taremi) then he'd be primed to absolutely tear through the league's score/assisting stats....!! probably closer to start of next season..!?

Comment

I think this is worth some more discussion. By the time 2006 WC had rolled around, Ali Daie (who was an amazing player and the best in Iran's history at that time) was 37 years old with his best days behind him. He had left Hertha in 2002 and eventually came to Saba Barry in 2005.
              Reza Enayati, who did not play a minute at the WC, had been the top goalscorer in Iran for 3 consecutive years, scoring 20+ goals per season.
              Daie was played as a starter against Mexico. Karimi and Hashemian were starters too and if I remember correctly, both had just recovered from terrible injuries.
              Branko did not substitute Daie despite his age and lack of significant contribution. Karimi was substituted and was very pissed.
              Branko got a lot of flack for giving Daie so much playing time. Many people, myself included, thought that Branko's decision was one reason we did so poorly despite the great promise and star power. After all, this was a team that had 3 former Bayern Munich players!
              Enayati was also very pissed because he did not play at all despite all the accolades he had received.
              Now whether Daie influenced Branko on playing him so much (Branko was a real weakling back then) became a point of contention. Karimi, who unlike Daie, has done nothing outside his playing days other than to fight enemies real and imaginary, did really believe of Daie's undue influence.

Comment

Originally posted by khabalood View Post
                So that means he is not match fit. At least it is a good sign that the team wants to get him in even better shape and hopefully pair him with Schick which is what any decent coach would do.
                A great coach always sees what is missing and coaches the players accordingly. The minute the coach is not able to distinguish what is missing, it's time for a better coach. Sardar would have not been started by Seoane if he wasn't match fit. Is he a 90 minute player and does he have the explosiveness that Seaonne expects, no AND he is match fit to start and give it all he has for 70+ minutes. Just imagine if he takes care of what is missing right before WC! It will be perfect timing for the biggest sports event in the world. I think it will happen and we shall see an amazing Sardar in Qatar.

Go Sardar!

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
                  I think this is worth some more discussion. By the time 2006 WC had rolled around, Ali Daie (who was an amazing player and the best in Iran's history at that time) was 37 years old with his best days behind him. He had left Hertha in 2002 and eventually came to Saba Barry in 2005.
                  Reza Enayati, who did not play a minute at the WC, had been the top goalscorer in Iran for 3 consecutive years, scoring 20+ goals per season.
                  Daie was played as a starter against Mexico. Karimi and Hashemian were starters too and if I remember correctly, both had just recovered from terrible injuries.
                  Branko did not substitute Daie despite his age and lack of significant contribution. Karimi was substituted and was very pissed.
                  Branko got a lot of flack for giving Daie so much playing time. Many people, myself included, thought that Branko's decision was one reason we did so poorly despite the great promise and star power. After all, this was a team that had 3 former Bayern Munich players!
                  Enayati was also very pissed because he did not play at all despite all the accolades he had received.
                  Now whether Daie influenced Branko on playing him so much (Branko was a real weakling back then) became a point of contention. Karimi, who unlike Daie, has done nothing outside his playing days other than to fight enemies real and imaginary, did really believe of Daie's undue influence.
                  Rafa Marquez was marking Daei all 1st half and it really gave our other players alot of space. When it became clear that Daei was doing nothing, Marquez moved way up and completely changed the game.
                  Even with all that we lost that game because Mirzapour had a horrible game, and Rezaei also had one of his classic dumb moments in a big game.

After the backlash, Daei was benched for game 2, and it became clear Daei was not the main reason for TM not doing well. TM was disjointed and we barely had any chances. Khatibi got to play and missed a great chance too.
                  What killed TM was not really tactical failure (even though it could always be better), but a camp that was not unified, key players coming off injury, and Mirzapour!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    Rafa Marquez was marking Daei all 1st half and it really gave our other players alot of space. When it became clear that Daei was doing nothing, Marquez moved way up and completely changed the game.
                    Even with all that we lost that game because Mirzapour had a horrible game, and Rezaei also had one of his classic dumb moments in a big game.

After the backlash, Daei was benched for game 2, and it became clear Daei was not the main reason for TM not doing well. TM was disjointed and we barely had any chances. Khatibi got to play and missed a great chance too.
                    What killed TM was not really tactical failure (even though it could always be better), but a camp that was not unified, key players coming off injury, and Mirzapour!
                    This is a good analysis overall but not exactly right.

Daie was dropped for only one game (Portugal) and was a starter for the next. These were the days of bazikonsalari and dalalbazi (which happened during the training camps too). A weak coach and a corrupt federation were the root causes of our dismal showing.

I believe only two strikers in Iran's WC history have scored a goal...Rowshan and Gucci (excluding ansarifards penalty)..2 out of 8. Hoping Taremi and Sardar can fix this bad record and distinguish themselves on that supreme stage.

Comment

Daie was dropped for only one game (Portugal) and was a starter for the next. These were the days of bazikonsalari and dalalbazi (which happened during the training camps too). A weak coach and a corrupt federation were the root causes of our dismal showing.

I believe only two strikers in Iran's WC history have scored a goal...Rowshan and Gucci (excluding ansarifards penalty)..2 out of 8. Hoping Taremi and Sardar can fix this bad record and distinguish themselves on that supreme stage.
                      I agree with your points, just to factor in that for teams like us sometimes our goals have to come from other sources not the classic striker or centre forward.

Take Lewandowski for example, arguably the best striker in the world. He has zero world cup goals.

Comment

Dadkan's federation was not corrupt. It was one of few federations that actually made money, bought the IFF building and left the next federatoin with a surplus.
                        It was weak though in terms of power and was being destroyed by Sazmane Varzesh and Aliabadi.The donkeys overstepped their bounds and got IFF suspended immediately after the tournament.
                        Dallas were definitely in TM camp. The fellow who used to be Mahdavikia's agent (I forget his name) was in the camp the whole time.

Comment

The fellow who used to be Mahdavikia's agent (I forget his name) was in the camp the whole time.
                          Reza Fazeli. This was Branko's doing - he could have put his foot down multiple times but did the very opposite. There were so many agents around the camp, the players always mention this. Compare with CQ's camps...

This was the discipline we lacked completely for that world cup, and had for 2014 with a team which was so much weaker..., let alone 2018.

Comment

Dadkan's federation was not corrupt. It was one of few federations that actually made money, bought the IFF building and left the next federatoin with a surplus.
                            It was weak though in terms of power and was being destroyed by Sazmane Varzesh and Aliabadi.The donkeys overstepped their bounds and got IFF suspended immediately after the tournament.
                            Dallas were definitely in TM camp. The fellow who used to be Mahdavikia's agent (I forget his name) was in the camp the whole time.
                            Also, Dadkan was a very polarising figure especially here..., although DD's use of font size changes and colours to exude authority over a topic doesn't have the same impact it has now than it did then.

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ran-s-football

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ko-and-dadkan-....

Comment

Comment

^ The answer is easy for me (although I believe they'll play together usually).

I don't know if he's still getting up to speed, but I haven't been overly impressed with Schick so far. Seems like a one dimensional striker that needs to be spoon fed in the box to be effective (similar to Toni Martinez for Porto). Sardar was giving him beautiful passes last match that Schick failed to capitalize on. I haven't seen Schick do the same for Sardar (or any Bayer player, for that matter).

Comment

Working...
                                X