Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This new position does not suit sardar. Hopefully he is not injured or benched and don't expect sardar to score many goals .

Comment

He played as more of a front two in the first half and was pushed back deeper in the second. I hope the boss saw that he had more influence on the game in the first half.

Comment

Comment

Their first game of the season is a cup game this Saturday vs. 3rd division side Elversberg.

Match is on Saturday, 6:30 am Pacific, and will be streamed live on ESPN plus.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
            Their first game of the season is a cup game this Saturday vs. 3rd division side Elversberg.

Match is on Saturday, 6:30 am Pacific, and will be streamed live on ESPN plus.
            Too early for me, but hope he starts and scores!

Comment

He needs to score.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                He needs to score.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                Let’s see if he’ll play as a CM or forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  Let’s see if he’ll play as a CM or forward.
                  He'll be playing a BS defensive CM. Don't expect sardar to score many (if any) goals with his new position. Even in friendly matches he was behind the box, barely got into the box and when he did it was all to his own movement and skills.

Comment

I guess we’ll be lucky if he is even starting in any position. He was just meant to replace Alario as Schick’s backup before Wirtz got injured. They also bought that Hlozek kid for €13m. Seems to be better suited for playing behind Schick. Maybe Azmoun should’ve waited until the end of the season like many here were suggesting…

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                      I guess we’ll be lucky if he is even starting in any position. He was just meant to replace Alario as Schick’s backup before Wirtz got injured. They also bought that Hlozek kid for €13m. Seems to be better suited for playing behind Schick. Maybe Azmoun should’ve waited until the end of the season like many here were suggesting…
                      It’s kind of rare to make somebody a top earner (he has same salary as schick) if they are intended to fill backup role. If he was truly an Alario replacement as you say his pay would reflect that, specially at a financially responsible club like leverkusen. He played good minutes last season for his physical condition.

So far this season he started all the friendlies. Bild has him in the predicted xi to start the season. After that upon return of wirtz there are definitely many systems that fit them all in and don’t sacrifice any key players.

Ultimately we will see how his role develops this season but I think it’s a bit premature to throw in the towel just yet before ball is even kicked. And given what transpired in Russia the last 6 months I think we can all be thankful he did not wait one day extra to gtfo

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        It’s kind of rare to make somebody a top earner (he has same salary as schick) if they are intended to fill backup role. If he was truly an Alario replacement as you say his pay would reflect that, specially at a financially responsible club like leverkusen. He played good minutes last season for his physical condition.

So far this season he started all the friendlies. Bild has him in the predicted xi to start the season. After that upon return of wirtz there are definitely many systems that fit them all in and don’t sacrifice any key players.

Ultimately we will see how his role develops this season but I think it’s a bit premature to throw in the towel just yet before ball is even kicked. And given what transpired in Russia the last 6 months I think we can all be thankful he did not wait one day extra to gtfo
                        Well then I guess the club expects him to be as productive as their top players. So as fan I will have similar expectations.

Comment

Well then I guess the club expects him to be as productive as their top players. So as fan I will have similar expectations.
                          definitely. The only point with the position is that for now, until return of wirtz (which would facilitate a return of sardar closer to goal with wirtz taking the creative mantle) that his production should not be judged strictly in terms of goals as we would before (although he should be sharper in front of goal than back end of last season).

More important is his ability to link the play and produce chances for others, and I thought he did a pretty good job of that last season, and has definitely been doing it in preseason.

Comment

definitely. The only point with the position is that for now, until return of wirtz (which would facilitate a return of sardar closer to goal with wirtz taking the creative mantle) that his production should not be judged strictly in terms of goals as we would before (although he should be sharper in front of goal than back end of last season).

More important is his ability to link the play and produce chances for others, and I thought he did a pretty good job of that last season, and has definitely been doing it in preseason.
                            Do you think playing out of position could have an effect on his performance in the World Cup?

Comment

Do you think playing out of position could have an effect on his performance in the World Cup?
                              not really. I feel like if anything it forces him to improve his fitness, and gives him some more practice at high level with playmaking, having to connect play/keep possession in tight spaces which bc of our clusterfuck of a midfield we could actually use. He should still be able to add goals from the 10 (or false 10) position, but just don't expect the volume of tap ins/1v1s etc he was ale to generate when playing as the point.

I think Ardalan mentioned it earlier, we saw sides to his game in the few months for leverkusen many of us never even knew he possessed (excellent close control, dribbling, pass selection).

He will not lose his abilities as a finisher. Its in his blood.

Comment

not really. I feel like if anything it forces him to improve his fitness, and gives him some more practice at high level with playmaking, having to connect play/keep possession in tight spaces which bc of our clusterfuck of a midfield we could actually use. He should still be able to add goals from the 10 (or false 10) position, but just don't expect the volume of tap ins/1v1s etc he was ale to generate when playing as the point.

I think Ardalan mentioned it earlier, we saw sides to his game in the few months for leverkusen many of us never even knew he possessed (excellent close control, dribbling, pass selection).

He will not lose his abilities as a finisher. Its in his blood.
                                I’m a bigger believer in training and repetition than blood… In 2018 he had a poor season at Rubin and it showed at the World Cup.

Comment

Working...
                                X