Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the new age of football 28 isn’t old. Specially for the striker position. Sardar’s game doesn’t revolve around constant running for 90 minutes. He is a classic poacher. He has time. Taremi didn't hit his stride till last year.

I do agree that under this Regime, this might be the last time we see Sardar in a TM shirt.

Comment

Sardar needs a serious training program to get his legs and lungs back to the professional athlete level or he will be finished with soccer shortly.

Comment

He came into this World Cup injured and played well over his sub performance against England and the start against Wales. Unlucky to hit the post twice, the first was a great save by Pickford.
        He shouldn’t have started the USA game , quite early on he made a run into the box and you could see him pull up.
        German league doesn’t start back for nearly 2 months so he will have time now to recooperate.
        As for our other striker options, Alipour isn’t good enough, Zahedi is decent but is stuck on the bench in Hungary this season. Our options in domestic league are poor too.
        We have a lack of young strikers coming through who look like they can make the cut. Allahyar isn’t a striker and is better playing off the wing.
        So who do people want to replace him, the guy sat on the bench in a team sat in relegation in Portugal or the guy sat on the bench in Hungary.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
          So who do people want to replace him, the guy sat on the bench in a team sat in relegation in Portugal or the guy sat on the bench in Hungary.
          Taremi can replace him in short term for Asian Cup… Sayyad - Taremi - Gholi. I’m sure SA and JB are both good guys who love Iran, but for me their time is up after showing nothing in 5 combined WC and also considering their club situations…

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post

Taremi can replace him in short term for Asian Cup… Sayyad - Taremi - Gholi. I’m sure SA and JB are both good guys who love Iran, but for me their time is up after showing nothing in 5 combined WC and also considering their club situations…
            I get your sentiment but I think we don’t have the strength in depth to replace Azmoun who is still only 28. Only Taremi is a better striker than him, I would rather have Azmoun on the bench than any of our other strikers. The link up play between Azmoun and Taremi in that Wales game was good to see, I’d rather we get back there.
            By the way I am big fan of Allahyar, I honestly think if he was fit we would have had a player who could have changed that USA game. He has a skill set that none of our other players have.

Comment

Btw US dropped Altidore and his 40+ goals three years ago at age 30… They didn’t need a ‘proven’ striker to advance from the group. TM needs to get younger and faster in any position it can…

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                Btw US dropped Altidore and his 40+ goals three years ago at age 30… They didn’t need a ‘proven’ striker to advance from the group. TM needs to get younger and faster in any position it can…
                Us has a system to build new real alternative. We don't.

Comment

We will see how Sardar progresses for leverkusen but this WC is not on him at all. If we had options, he would not have played more than 20 mins a game. His performance against wales was massive, whoever doesnt see that is blind. He ran their defense ragged and gave taremi the space he needed to take creative role and make that WC high 8 key passes. And btw, that wales defense was coming off a good result and are really solid regulars for good club sides. Rodon formerly of spurs now for Rennes, one of best in ligue 1, and davies who is starter for Conte's side this season.

Against US he was badly isolated and physically not there after the effort vs Wales just 3 days prior. He will stay on and will be a leader of this team.

He now has some time to reset as mentioned, work on his fitness and show himself for Leverkusen. They have a new coach and I am sure he will get chances. The team is stabilized as well compared to seaone situation earlier in the season. Binning him does nothing but shoot tm in the foot.

We need to work to fix the MF line with new talents, players with great physical qualities ESP mobility and solid technical base. On the sides I saw improvement this WC. Gholizadeh showed he raise his game multiple levels, he needs to move on from charleroi ASAP. I would even go as far as to say he was the best iran player over the course of the 3 matches. Torabi against uruguay and his cameos in WC showed there is a serious player there. He has the potential to fill vahid amiri role moving forward. CQ needs to trust him more. And still, getting regular production out of saman is a missing link for this team. We will always be handicapped by players like ehsan and nourollahi in midfield.

Comment

We should keep some of the players so they can serve as inspiration and offer advice to the next generation TM players. But they should barely be given any playtime. I think Karim, Ehsan and JB fit this role well. Gholizadeh can be nice to have so the kids can get some dribbling inspiration.

Personally I don't give a shit about Asian Cup anymore, but the players deserve one last shot to lift the cup. The rest of TM should retire and leave after Asian Cup.

New players should be no older than 23. And if they are not in Europe by age 25, they should be cut out from the team.

Comment

This will not be the end of his career, he is one of the most complete strikers we have had. He was clearly injured & not fit (had a bit of a belly) this WC. If on his worst he hit the post twice against strong opposition, he will get back to improving soon after he recovers. I hope he can get settled into the German league, I am surprised it was this big of a jump from Russia, but he can do it.
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Dude looks depressed af. From the way he carries himself to his whole aesthetic.

Comment

He will retire in a year or two from TM.
                          I had high hope on him but unfortunately as it was said his focus is not football.
                          He will not see the next WC

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

What is the situation with allayar? Why was he not able to join the WC?

Comment

Originally posted by Cups1234 View Post
                              What is the situation with allayar? Why was he not able to join the WC?

injured.

Comment

Back in training

Comment

Working...
                                X