Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice game from Azmoun. Scored and created several chances for team mates but they could not deliver. I am very concerned he is not getting any service from his team. His only chance and he scored.

Comment

I watched the whole game. He was excellent. His passing is fenomenal and managed to deliver at least 2 brilliant passes to Diably who could not convert. He's also good in defence when its due. The only possible thing I could say is his positioning. Sometime he positions himself way off when they are in attack otherwise, IMO, he was definitely MOM or at least best player in his team. He showed Alonzo that if he gets match time, he will deliver.

Comment

The smile and sense of relief from Sardar after the goal was lovely to see. You can see the weight falling off his shoulders.

aside from the goal and confidence boost, it was so great to see Sardar become a central figure in creating chances and developing plays on the attacks. He’s not just a striker waiting for an assist (like in Zenit days). He’s developed into this highly intelligent playmaker that guides the attacking players with superb buildup passes and decision making.

Comment

Not only did Sardar have a great game, but, at least to me, he was executing exactly what the coach was asking of him. This should further solidify his position in the team.

Amazing how in a couple of weeks, this forum has gone from: "He only cares about horses and his mommy's cooking" to "This team is not good enough for Sardar's level". No, no, no... we are not bi-polar at all!!!!

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

“We know about Sardar's qualities. He helps us a lot with his actions. He played well today and I'm happy for him that he scored. That will do him good."
              -Xabi

“We didn't have much time to recover after the tough game against Monaco. That's why we did really well today. I'm proud of the team and very grateful for the support of my teammates."
              -Sardar

Comment

Respect to Sardar for fighting hard and putting on a good performance.
                hope he can do this consistently.

Comment

heres the Press Conference from right after the game.

The Freiburg Coach mentioned the Quality of the Leverkusen Squad and that he knew Xavi can rotate with players like Azmoun and still have quality on the pitth.

Xavi then is asked about Azmoun and tells that he is feeling better and better and shows that in the Practice as well.....had a very good game against Mainz and the Goal was very important for him today.

This Goal was very cruical for Azmoun. With Shick now back in the Squad and 4 Strikers.....only those scoring will stay in the rotation. I really hope he can show even better performances in the next weeks.

Comment

Highlights:

Comment

Originally posted by BusiG View Post

heres the Press Conference from right after the game.

The Freiburg Coach mentioned the Quality of the Leverkusen Squad and that he knew Xavi can rotate with players like Azmoun and still have quality on the pitth.

Xavi then is asked about Azmoun and tells that he is feeling better and better and shows that in the Practice as well.....had a very good game against Mainz and the Goal was very important for him today.

This Goal was very cruical for Azmoun. With Shick now back in the Squad and 4 Strikers.....only those scoring will stay in the rotation. I really hope he can show even better performances in the next weeks.
                      not just scoring but overall play.

Coaches like Alonso are from new school (like arteta, de Zerbi, of course Pep, etc) where their expectations for a 9 exceed simply goals. They want their 9 to be a high IQ player, with collaborative tendencies, and the ability to combine well with mids, wings, and thus permit their teams to control the game more than a 9 who is just involved in the final action. They often use false 9s for this reason. Sardar has the technical quality and game IQ to do this, much more so than schick.

He has shown with assist last week and again with the performance today that off the ball he is fulfilling another one of alonso's key requests, high number of presses and defensive engagement. This category he was lacking in due to fitness issues and likely why both him and schick have not got as many starts this season as hlozek (who comparatively offers little besides this at the moment)

Overall these demands will only improve sardar as a player if he can execute them. He is forced to be more fit, more consistent in his first touch, and of course more ruthless in front of goal knowing the competition is greater. This can only benefit TM. Him and Taremi still have many years left at a high level if they look after themselves, and at least a couple more shots at Asian Cup glory. As mentioned we will not produce 2 forwards of this caliber at the same time for probably many years to come.

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                          Not only did Sardar have a great game, but, at least to me, he was executing exactly what the coach was asking of him. This should further solidify his position in the team.

Amazing how in a couple of weeks, this forum has gone from: "He only cares about horses and his mommy's cooking" to "This team is not good enough for Sardar's level". No, no, no... we are not bi-polar at all!!!!
                          I always try to remind ppl when going gets tough for the TM boys. In all fairness there seem to grow some kind of awareness of this issue of pessimism and character assasination.

I even tried to point out to which 'metrics' (factors) to look for judging if he is breakin into the squad. Like being indispensable for his teammates rsther than just scoring. But even then ppl were saying things like he should leave the team or be more egoistic on the ball.

We saw today that Alonso clearly were sending signals to the team that he does not tolerate ball hoggers.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                            so he has a baby underway with his wife..!!?

or was that supposed to be a bilakh to his gold-digging russian baby momma..?

Comment

Originally posted by AMIRHOUSHANG View Post
                              Nice game from Azmoun. Scored and created several chances for team mates but they could not deliver. I am very concerned he is not getting any service from his team. His only chance and he scored.
                              Yes! But hopefully this will change as khoreh diaby was subbed ie signals to the team. Also it takes time for other players to trust and get to know Sardars style of playing.

For me at least Sardar is doing the right thing to be so unselfish and lift the team. Alot reciprocity will kick in even its not 100 percent.

Comment

Did you guys noticed that B04 Defence was much better today without the suspended TAH? I still think that their rightback nr 6 is awful and I just cant understand how such player with zero quality but only good physic can start every game in a top bundesliga team.

Comment

Working...
                                X