Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a bad result for Bayer all things considered. They still have a very solid shot at advancing

Comment

Azmoun talking to Miranchuk after the match

Comment

3-2 FT

Sardar looked damn good in limited minutes , far better than his few min vs byern

he really needs to get start next match for them to have a chance for upset..!

not a bad result overall..

Comment

Sardar looks super sharp today wow

Comment

Very solid result from them against a strong side away from home, especially given how much pressure they were under at the start of second half. Diaby is a super talent. Also this was a hard match for leverkusen as they were missing both first choice CMs (Andrich and Demirbay)

Azmoun was very sharp in the 10 mins he played. Great linkup, few excellent leaps for headed flick ons, and in generally looked deserving of much more mins. When he was on they had a real focal point and it improved their overall shape and control on the game a lot. Also gave Atalanta CBs something to worry about.

If paulinho wasnt an idiot he could actually have given a few return balls to azmoun into space.

The only thing preventing him from much bigger role at this stage is overall fitness for longer than 15-20 minute spell. If he can show the level of sharpness he showed tonight for an hour he would certainly be starting.

Think this is also going to serve as a bit of a motivator for him to double down on his fitness and be totally focussed whenever he is on the pitch. Dont think he has anything to worry about with alario, and the adli kid looks crap as well.

When he is fully up to speed in a few weeks time I think they will transition to:

Diaby----Andrich---demirbay---Wirtz

-----------Azmoun----Schick-------

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              3-2 FT

Sardar looked damn good in limited minutes , far better than his few min vs byern

Yeah. He definitely looked more energetic and had an aura of strength. Probbaly will get at least one whole half next game.

Comment

Given how poor Alario was today and due to the load of minutes, Azmoun could hopefully start against Koln on Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  Very solid result from them against a strong side away from home, especially given how much pressure they were under at the start of second half. Diaby is a super talent. Also this was a hard match for leverkusen as they were missing both first choice CMs (Andrich and Demirbay)

Azmoun was very sharp in the 10 mins he played. Great linkup, few excellent leaps for headed flick ons, and in generally looked deserving of much more mins. When he was on they had a real focal point and it improved their overall shape and control on the game a lot. Also gave Atalanta CBs something to worry about.

If paulinho wasnt an idiot he could actually have given a few return balls to azmoun into space.

The only thing preventing him from much bigger role at this stage is overall fitness for longer than 15-20 minute spell. If he can show the level of sharpness he showed tonight for an hour he would certainly be starting.

Think this is also going to serve as a bit of a motivator for him to double down on his fitness and be totally focussed whenever he is on the pitch. Dont think he has anything to worry about with alario, and the adli kid looks crap as well.

When he is fully up to speed in a few weeks time I think they will transition to:

very well summarized..!! 👍
                  especially the BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

Yes, Diaby looks really good! So does Wirtz. Hope they and Azmoun develop a really good understanding of each other's moves and really tear things up.

I really like how LK always immediately go for goal as soon as they get the ball in the midfield. For example, I noticed many hard and long passes straight through the middle that actually found their target. Very rare to see that these days. Good ball control in general by most of the players.

Comment

Should have gone to Hull, replaced Eaves and played proper football.

Comment

I honestly think Bayer leverkusen is head and shoulders above this atlanta team. However I think seoane got it wrong in this game. It was big mistake to start with Alario , wirtz and amine . Wirtz was the worst player without any doubt. Apart from the assist and losing the ball dozen of times he didn't do shit in that match .

I think bayern will punish the hell out of Atlanta in return match . I think they will score 3-4 goals, in return .

Sardar + Diaby looks loveyly imo.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                          I honestly think Bayer leverkusen is head and shoulders above this atlanta team. However I think seoane got it wrong in this game. It was big mistake to start with Alario , wirtz and amine . Wirtz was the worst player without any doubt. Apart from the assist and losing the ball dozen of times he didn't do shit in that match .

I think bayern will punish the hell out of Atlanta in return match . I think they will score 3-4 goals, in return .

Sardar + Diaby looks loveyly imo.
                          Looks like I mixed up Wirtz with someone else, possibly with Exequiel Palacios. Still new to watching this team...

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            3-2 FT

Thanks for the heads up. I missed the match, but will be sure to watch the replay of when he was subbed in.

Comment

Highlights of the game. Sardar and miranchuk speaking russian at the end of the game. I wonder what they are talking about.

Comment

Lets be real, Atalanta whooped Bayern good. Should've been 5-2 final if it hasn't for the Bayern GK playing out of his mind. Down 3-1 it was looking so bad that the German coach took off an attacker to add a third CB, and that was midway into the second half!

With all due respect, this scoreline wasn't as close as it seems. Bayer was lucky to make it out 3-2. They need to rethink how they're approaching a very hot Atalanta squad.

As for Azmoun, it made me rethink his decision to come here. It was a really, really poor game from Bayern. I actually watched it, not sure if others did, and they looked so over their heads in this one it was frankly embarrassing. If this is how Bayern look against Europa level competition then the squad is a step down from Zenit for sure. They got rocked. (As for Sardar's 10 min, not enough to judge).

Comment

Working...
                                X