• Show
Clear All

guys vote for Sardar

https://twitter.com/bayer04fussball/...AckS_wT1g&s=19

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
      Regarding the speculations about his future role in this Club:
      Contrary to a huge chunk of PDFC wisdom I actually believe Sardar has chosen wisely in his carreer regarding club-choices.
      And contrary to many I think he is a hard working player. The sucess in Zenith proved alot.
      I remember the times when ppl were making fun of his advice/joke on social media that ARJ should come to Russia to do some "pish-raft". It really sent iranian fans boiling. Not to forget all this iranian discourse about him being a mommas boy for not leaving russia. Just the tip of the ice berg, I can mention a few other funny examples. In retrospect he seems to be making the best choices! He is a good guy, with a likeable attitude that works hard. You will never hear a bad word about anyone from him. We are immensely lucky to have him playing for his country.
      This kid will thrive in bundesliga when his fitness issues are resolved: make no mistakes about it!
      Just a reminder:

There we go....first goal right?

Have FAITH in our players. We should assume that everyone of them GIVE IT THEIR ALL with exception of extraordinary facts.

We are fans, not critics! Lets start act with a little bit more faith in our players my friends!

Comment

He became 9th Iranian player to score in Budesliga
        Daei
        Bagheri
        Azizi
        Kia
        Vahid
        Karimi
        Zandi
        Dejagah

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          He became 9th Iranian player to score in Budesliga
          Daei
          Bagheri
          Azizi
          Kia
          Vahid
          Karimi
          Zandi
          Dejagah

Hamashoon bazikone ba-kelaas.
          DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Lot of articles in big german press today bout his performance:

Via Kicker:

Seoane's double risk with Azmoun pays off

In Leverkusen's 4-1 win in Fürth, Sardar Azmoun became the match winner and confirmed Gerardo Seoane's decision in favor of the Iranian attacker - which, however, was anything but easy and not without risks.

It was almost the only open question that Gerardo Seoane had to answer before the game in Fürth: Who will play behind or next to goal scorer Patrik Schick? And the coach decided against Lucas Alario as a second striker in the penalty area as well as against an eight (Exequiel Palacios or Kerem Demirbay) on the ten - and was spot on with the nomination of Sardar Azmoun in the starting XI.

First, the strong center forward, used as a tenth, grabbed a sloppy pass from Fürth keeper Andreas Linde and scored the 2-1 lead, after the break he brilliantly used Paulinho to make it 3-1 with a one-two at world-class level. Azmoun, who came to Leverkusen from Zenit St. Petersburg in the winter six months before the end of his contract for a fee of 2.5 million euros, became the match winner with his first two points for the Werkself.

Azmoun is still missing "ten to 15 percent explosiveness"

"Sardar certainly set impulses in the last third with his runs, with good decisions, with good passes," Seoane praised the attacker, but added: "You can still tell that he's missing the last ten to 15 percent explosiveness." Because Azmoun only injured his ankle in December before moving from Russia, then he was on vacation and so he came to Leverkusen not only because of a subsequent corona infection with a large training backlog, where he had two more bacterial infections that required antibiotics made it necessary to fight.

A physical handicap, the effects of which were just as noticeable on the pitch as the excellent footballing qualities of the 27-year-old. Seoane himself pointed out Azmoun's deficits in reverse gear. "Of course our midfield suffered as a result of his presence. It was often a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-4. That's why we had a lot of space between the lines," Seoane explained of the Werkself's lack of compactness at the bottom of the table. It also made us a bit more vulnerable defensively."

But that wasn't the only risk in Seoane's decision to include Azmoun in the starting XI. After all, it was clear from the start that the Iranian is not yet physically capable of going the full 90 minutes. While this is not usually a reason not to nominate a player for the starting line-up, this was important in Fürth due to the extreme lack of personnel.

After all, after this decision, Seoane only had one striker left in Lucas Alario. Knowing that Azmoun would not play through, Seoane could have substituted center forward Schick in distress, which had become necessary due to injury. Just imagine, if the score was a draw in the final phase and after Schicks had been substituted, the Swiss would have had to take Azmoun off - as happened in Fürth - for whom eighth Palacios would have been the most offensive alternative.

But Seoane's risky plan worked out perfectly. "We have more offensive potential with him," says the 43-year-old, "he has proven that, as well as his nose and his intuition." And like the coach, his knack for making the right decision in this game after two previous games without a goal.

https://www.kicker.de/seoanes-doppel...899477/artikel

Via Bild:

A goal redemption for him and the whole club!

Sardar Azmoun (27) brings Bayer Leverkusen back to third place. The winter purchase from St. Petersburg cost EUR 2.5 million – the striker is slowly recouping the fee.

The Iranian World Cup candidate celebrated his goal debut in the 4-1 win in Fürth because he provoked Andreas Linde's (28) mistake and cheekily exploited it to make it 2-1. Paulinho (21) made it 3-1 with a super assist.

"That was a foretaste of his qualities, not just his nose for goals," says sporting director Simon Rolfes (40) to BILD.

In the fight for the Champions League, Azmoun can become the 20 million trump card if they qualify for the group stage.

"Of course I'm happy about my debut goal," Azmoun explained happily, "but for me it's just about giving everything in the current tough games. The most important thing is that we got the win because we want to go to the Champions League.”

Coach Gerardo Seoane (43) had bet on Azmoun as a tenth and was right: "Sardar set impulses in the last third with his runs, with good decisions. He has impressively demonstrated that we have more offensive potential with him, although we were a bit more vulnerable defensively."

Nevertheless, the plan with Azmoun worked and, after two games without scoring, brought Leverkusen back on track in the tight race for the premier class. Also striking: Especially in the first half, the interaction with Patrik Schick (26) worked really well.

"Sardar is still missing the last 10, 15 percent explosiveness," says Seoane, "that will probably not change in the short term." Bayer's coach had recently said that the Iranian would need "complete preparation" to get to the top level physically. But one thing is clear: Azmoun is on the right track.

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/f...6680.bild.html

and he officially got MOTM:

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
              Hamashoon bazikone ba-kelaas.
              Yup,
              Tough to play and regularly perform in Germany. Even smaller clubs.
              I respect what Taremi doing in Portugal, but i don't Beleive he could have had same success in Germany.
              Defenders and GKs are much much better

Comment

Yup,
                I respect what Taremi doing in Portugal, but i don't Beleive he could have had same success in Germany.

Hashemian’s two successful seasons in BL (10 goals and 16 goals) were more impressive than anything Azmoun or Taremi have done so far in Russia or Portugal.

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Yup,

Portuguese players who didn’t do what Mehdi Taremi has done in Portugal - are tearing up the English Premier League.

They are players that go anywhere in Europe and will succeed.
                    "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                      Hashemian’s two successful seasons in BL (10 goals and 16 goals) were more impressive than anything Azmoun or Taremi have done so far in Russia or Portugal.
                      Hashemian never scored so many goals in UCL/EL against top teams like taremi and azmoun did

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        Hashemian never scored so many goals in UCL/EL against top teams like taremi and azmoun did
                        In league I meant.

Comment

Who cares what league, when you score you score.

Azmoun had a great game, Taremi is also doing great, he is doing better in Portugal than he did in Iran, so stop comparing how strong a league is and how a player would do somewhere else.

Comment

And lol at even mentioning Hashemian in 1 line with Azmoun and Taremi, Hashemian would have never ever made it at Porto or even Leverkusen.

He was lucky for 1-2 years after beeing a nobody for 10 years

Comment

Taremi and Azmoun are a class above hashemian, dont think taremi would have any issues in bundesliga...other CFs from portuguese league who went there like Andre Silva (at Porto before Taremi) scored more goals there than in portugal even.

As a general rule when a player proves himself repeatedly in CL/EL as Taremi and Azmoun have that indicates they could easily reproduce strong goalscoring record in a more competitive league. Especially when that league is as offensive as germany

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                                Who cares what league, when you score you score.

Azmoun had a great game, Taremi is also doing great, he is doing better in Portugal than he did in Iran, so stop comparing how strong a league is and how a player would do somewhere else.
                                Exactly. By this logic, if Taremi scored 20 goals in the PGL, that means that translates into 3-4 goals in Liga NOS because it's so much stronger.

Azmoun and Mehdi have scored against the best of best clubs in Europe. Stop undervaluing them so you can tout yourself as some sort of historian. Hashemian was dominating the Bundesliga when it was not as good as it is today.

Comment

Working...
                                X