Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    hum... perhaps..!!?
    his general class as a footballer and especially his technical on the ball abilities, vision and clever and industrious shroudity with the ball at his feet are still Far from Dejagha's levels (work in progress, perhaps?) .... however for now he shows similar tenacity, physical prowess and mad acceleration and pace as Ashkan..!
    Certainly more serious efforts must be made by the TM coaching staff in order to integrate this kid slowly into the starting 11 heading into the WC..!! (especially considering the team we are facing our in wc group )..!
    we know its a way too tall of an order for him to take minutes away from Sardar headlining our attack .... Mehdi got the attacking down the LW locked so that only leaves either adapting him to RW attacking role which he is much easier transition and befitting of his footballing strengths...i'd certainly prefer him to ARJ in attacking right winger role but its gonna be hard for him to unseat our supposed captain as a regular starter..!?
    or next best possibility would be for him to take over Gholi's spot in RCM perhaps..? especially considering the huge drop off in Gholi's game quality of late and the fact that like Omid he is just way too lightweight and weak in possession to be facing the likes of England/EUplayoff team or even the USA in a dogfight ... where getting stuck-in and battling hard becomes a more necessary quality than trying to get cute with the ball and fancy footing..!!

to me he still lacks the necessary vision, quick decision-making and good passing touch to efficiently play a more Central MF role ...!

another befitting role for him would be to groom him more in to becoming a MF destroyer sort like Ando/Amiri ..!!?
    he is not a midfielder. He is a forward who can play wide too, but he is an attacker. He doesnt have any qualities you need for a CAM or central midfielder.

But his speed, athleticism, good offensive instinct, great leap, etc can make him a super impact option to have off the bench, or as you say potentially even displace ARJ on the right.

If we are playing on the counter a front 3 of Taremi, Azmoun, Allahyar seems more effective to me than a super out of form ARJ...

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      he is not a midfielder. He is a forward who can play wide too, but he is an attacker. He doesnt have any qualities you need for a CAM or central midfielder.

But his speed, athleticism, good offensive instinct, great leap, etc can make him a super impact option to have off the bench, or as you say potentially even displace ARJ on the right.

If we are playing on the counter a front 3 of Taremi, Azmoun, Allahyar seems more effective to me than a super out of form ARJ...
      Definitely, he is 100% a forward.
      Today showed he can play fine as an out-an-out striker, the farthest on the pitch. He has all the traits required.

He is definitely not best suited to being a midfielder

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

I don't think Allahyar needs to replace anyone in WC. We need 10 solid players for our 2 midfielder and 3 attacker positions. We are playing every four days, not every five days like all other WCs and can't expect our starters to play 90 minutes three times in 9 days... We are going to need to sub everyone but our 4 defenders and one DM every game. Starters can change between games. Players like Taremi and Amiri may be able to last 70-75 minutes per game, but I would use other starters for 60 minutes max. Allahyar will play an important role this WC.

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

2/14 pass completion? glad to see hes playing well but he needs to work on his passing. i didn’t watch the game so i dont know what was going on but slightly worrysome

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                2/14 pass completion? glad to see hes playing well but he needs to work on his passing. i didn’t watch the game so i dont know what was going on but slightly worrysome
                The way Hull was defending and parking the bus, he was a man on an island up there. He was smothered by defenders and didn't have clear outlets.

Comment

you know if they throw him any garbage long ball and he flicks it on and nobody collects it that counts as a misplaced pass right?

I didnt watch either but given reaction of their fans doesnt seem like anything to be worried about

Comment

As others said, not a true indication of his performance. Plus for a forward/attacker, his job is not connecting/completing passes. Obviously, it’s to score or create scoring opportunities by drawing defenders.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                        As others said, not a true indication of his performance. Plus for a forward/attacker, his job is not connecting/completing passes. Obviously, it’s to score or create scoring opportunities by drawing defenders.
                        To be fair, he did have teammates in good position when he failed to make an accurate pass to them or waited way too long and had his pass blocked.

Decent performance today. Did somethings well (closing down, aerial battles, playing with intensity and making runs behind the D that his teammates failed to spot him on). He also left more to be desired in other aspects (ball handling, spotting open teammates, decision making, looked very tired after 60 minutes).

Way too early to draw any conclusions about his role in TM at the WC. Hopefully he gets consistent playing time in the remaining six matches.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                          To be fair, he did have teammates in good position when he failed to make an accurate pass to them or waited way too long and had his pass blocked.
                          It’s an exceptional forward that can score AND assist on a regular basis. We are so lucky to have that in Taremi.

Comment

Comment

"Be khod bavar dasht" (Believe in yourself) - Allahyar's ink

Also "69" lol

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X