Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(#POLL) Comparing coaches thread: Who is the best? Skocic, Wilmotz, CQ, Branko, Daei,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
    Not sure what you are trying to argue here. CQ talked about the game plan after the game and experts analyzed it that way as well. If being in the locker room was the standard, there wouldn't be any discussion here on this board. Don't ridicule yourself.
    So you decided to stick to your story that CQ was brilliant because he told our players to pass to their defenders... So that the defenders could mis-control the ball leading to Sardar scoring!!!! And I am ridiculing myself....

Can you imagine getting subbed out at half time because you made perfectly accurate passes to Sardar every time instead of giving the ball away to their defenders like your coach asked you to...

Yeah, I'll go on ridiculing myself... it is great fun.

Pep Guardiola, tiki taka, kids stuff. We are going to hold a camp for a month in Austria on advanced passing to their defenders; How to never find your own teammates...

Comment

Jogi Löw, for example, failed trying to adopt CQ's approach at the Euros 2012 in the semi-final against Italy, when he ordered Toni Kroos to man-mark Pirlo. That plan backfired and Löw drew heavy criticism for it.
      Could you elaborate on that: in what way Löw missed to adopt CQ approach? I am sure you not just mean to Man-mark Pirlo right? (Can't remember that CQ faced Italy prior to 2012).

CQ was not free of any sort of Criticism. Portugal struggled under his management during the qualification for the 2010 World Cup. Despite starting their World Cup qualification campaign with a comfortable 4–0 win against Malta, CQ team failed to win any of their subsequent four matches. In a group with Denmark, Malta, Albania, Sweden, Hungary during WCQ, Portugal had to go UEAFA play offs where they managed to defeat Bosnia 1-0 to qualify for the WC 2010. In WC 2010 Protugal drew Ivory Coast (0-0), won against North Korea 7-0 ( funny enough that it would be Iran, if we had managed to win our away game against North Korea. Ghotbi one of our worst Coaches promised to win against North Korea "even on the moon"....). This rout virtually guaranteed Portugal passage to the second round and a second goalless draw with Brazil confirmed qualification. In the second round, they lost to Spain 1–0 and were knocked out having failed to score in three of their four World Cup matches. In fact after the Spain game, CQ got a lot of criticism in Portugal...

In what way had CQ more success than Löw?

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
        Vieira the GOAT.

My guy picked up a lit cigarette butt a fan threw on the pitch and smoked it. No other manager is ever going to be that hard.
        That was his own cigarette !!

Comment

I voted CQ , but fair voting poll. We need to see how skocic does against world class teams and then decide. If we qualify from our group in WC then my vote will change to skocic .

Comment

In recent history no coach has had a more profound impact on our national team than CQ did. His legacy still continues today. One can argue that the WC22 successful qualification run was owed to the strong foundation he left behind. CQ put Iran football on the map and opened door for many players most of whom learned modern football under his guidance to go to Europe and enjoy success.

In distant history, I would say Zdravko Rajkov, Frank O'Farell and Heshmat Mahajerani were also among those who left long lasting impact on our football.

The rest of our coaches were more or less ineffective. They came and left and no one really noticed.

We shall see how Skocic will be remembered.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
              In recent history no coach has had a more profound impact on our national team than CQ did. His legacy still continues today. One can argue that the WC22 successful qualification run was owed to the strong foundation he left behind. CQ put Iran football on the map and opened door for many players most of whom learned modern football under his guidance to go to Europe and enjoy success.
              In distant history, I would say Zdravko Rajkov, Frank O'Farell and Heshmat Mahajerani were also among those who left long lasting impact on our football.
              The rest of our coaches more or less ineffective. They came and left and no one really noticed.
              This assumption contradicts our catastrophically journey under Wilmots. Seemingly it is not just the "foundations" that CQ has left behind for our Qualification to WC 2022. After the Wilmots-Disaster we had to win all our remaining 4 games in a hostile environment in Bahrain against both Bahrain and Iraq against whom we had struggled (we never defeated Bahrain on their soil, not even under CQ!). Also in no way is TM playing the same style as under CQ. Let's just give Sko. the credit he deserves.

Comment

CQ in a big lead!

Followed by Skocic

Its going to be interesting to compare the results with a new poll after world cup

Its also going to be interesting to se how the poll changes during gameday tomorrow as a lot of members log in to the site!

Poll is alive for 7 days so that as many as possible can vote.,
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

CQ

Not sure how this is even a discussion

Comment

I would put CQ miles before all our previous Coaches that i can think of. The worst one is Ghotbi for me. I will evaluate Skocic total efforts after he is done with the WC. Till now he did a decent job!

Comment

I am not sure what you mean by "totally unconvincing. Both in chess and football, you always win because your opponent makes mistakes. By definition. If your opponent were perfect, you wouldn't win. Also I wouldn't call it "speculate". CQ analyzed China's weaknesses and exploited them. That's called awareness, not sure what your argument is here.
                      There is difference. there is something called forced error and unforced error. When you are constantly attacking and eventually the defense makes a mistake, then that is not luck.

What I call Luck was Ghochannejad scoring against Korea. Yes.

In game against Iraq, we ran the same play that Taremi scored on on multiple times. I believe that the players were instructed to make the long pass to Taremi from the back. That pass was practiced and deliberate. That was no HOOF the ball like we have been known to do. So far, I have seen all plays start from the back, without getting all panicky.

Comment

I think Covid was good to Skocic. It slowed down the qualification process, and allowed for our players to ripen in European football. I doubt we would have gotten the same results if the qualification games were at original time table.

My point is to allow managers and players to get acquainted to each other. As many of you have mentioned in numerous different treads, National Teams are a different animal than Club teams. I liked Quiroz and I like Skocic now. It was time for a change, and Skocic in my opinion is the best option at this time. I do think there is any better option for us at thus time. You have to trust our coaching staff, I appreciate Bagheri, Hashemian and all other members of Coaching Staff. CQ demanded all the attention, in what I see here and there Skocic gives more space to other members of the staff.

Anyways, he is who we have now. Wish him and and all the players good Luck, tomorrow and the remainder of the year.

Comment

Amongst these names, obviously CQ is the "BEST".
                          But that doesn't mean he didn't leave some issues to be desired either.

Most "SUCCESSFUL" is however Skocic

Most wimpy, foolish & simply underwhelming, anticlimactic are Branko & Wilmots

IVIC was the one who could have had a great career in TM and take us to heights. But the bloody IFF mafia fucked us all over!

Comment

Carlos Queiroz is working 16+ hour days, according to a report from OnTime Sport from 1 of just 3 Egyptian journalists there. Those hours are split between film study, training, team talks, and individual talks. His staff is putting in work as well.
                            https://twitter.com/PharaohsXI/statu...Cyhf6Cw6cpAAAA

He did the same when he was TM coach (I recall he was always watching and analyzing tapes on TM flights). You can't say the man didn't earn his paycheck and put in the time.

Comment

CQ single-handedly changed the foundation of our football
                              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Who's the single vote for Branko? He must have a PFDC account.

Comment

Working...
                                X