Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(#POLL) Comparing coaches thread: Who is the best? Skocic, Wilmotz, CQ, Branko, Daei,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, CQ WAS my favorite coach. He accomplished a lot. He fought a lot of hard fights and used his popularity to advance TM. He showed a lot of passion and helped many players become better. He instilled confidence in our team and his defensive development were great. He killed bazikon salary and loos bazi amongst TM players. Got rid of a few prima donnas on the way.

But....Skocik has an unmatched record. 14-1-0 is Probably the best record of any coach anywhere. He took the job when no body wanted it and delivered a miracle. He handled the pressure well, when we were on the edge of elimination. He has also handled his victories professionally and unassumingly as well. What's there not to like? Will he get us out of our group? It depends on a lot of factors including the teams in that group, preparation, support, etc. SHould he be given the chance to do that? ABSOLUTELY!!

One can like both CQ and Skocik and appreciate both for what they have accomplished. You do not need to beat up on one just because you like the other. If you are looking for someone to beat up on, may I offer my list:

Wilmots, Zolfagharnasab, Newcastle, Azizi, Karimi... All those who looked at TM at various times and asked themselves, now how can I use it to benefit myself?
    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
      skokkic aint done nothing its been the players who are 95% CQ's
      Harfe hesab, agreed 100%.
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
        How many young players has skokic introduced in two years... 0!... allahyar and mohebbi were under wilmots ahah.... skokic short-termism with everything will cost us big time in the long run

We need a real coach in the WC!
        Ok, as you have said Wilmots brought some Young-Players (Mohebi and Sayyadmanesh) to TM and i think we can agree that he is on Paper (given his resume and compared to Sko.) a "real" Coach. If that is all what it takes for TM to succeed, than how do you explain than, that we failed under his reign and lost to both Bahrain and Iraq?

We obviously don't need to look on Sko results with TM so far, they speak for themselves...

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
          Yes, CQ WAS my favorite coach. He accomplished a lot. He fought a lot of hard fights and used his popularity to advance TM. He showed a lot of passion and helped many players become better. He instilled confidence in our team and his defensive development were great. He killed bazikon salary and loos bazi amongst TM players. Got rid of a few prima donnas on the way.
          But....Skocik has an unmatched record. 14-1-0 is Probably the best record of any coach anywhere. He took the job when no body wanted it and delivered a miracle. He handled the pressure well, when we were on the edge of elimination. He has also handled his victories professionally and unassumingly as well. What's there not to like? Will he get us out of our group? It depends on a lot of factors including the teams in that group, preparation, support, etc. SHould he be given the chance to do that? ABSOLUTELY!!
          One can like both CQ and Skocik and appreciate both for what they have accomplished. You do not need to beat up on one just because you like the other. If you are looking for someone to beat up on, may I offer my list:
          Wilmots, Zolfagharnasab, Newcastle, Azizi, Karimi... All those who looked at TM at various times and asked themselves, now how can I use it to benefit myself?
          I would add Ghotbi to that List, people forget how poor we performed under his reign and how he moved away like a coward, avoiding to face Iranian People/media etc. after we lost to Korea in AC 2011.

Comment

https://akharinkhabar.ir/sport/88656...م-ملی-شد

Sadeghi( former TM-player) speaking the truth.
            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
              Would like to se the whole intervue, it got cut of as it was getting interesting.. atleast id rather listen to his talk than majidis nonsense. this dude ateast tryed to make some points..anyway its to late now if gus hiidink isnt making a coaching comeback and wants to take over TM (thats the only coach id say yeah bring him in asap), lets just go with it.. no idea to mess with it now again..
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

As an avid admirer and fan of CQ, I believe to totally discredit Skocic of TM's success is absolutely unfair and unjust.

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post

I see Sadeghis point in criticizing the fact that IFF choose someone with a low resume as TM-Coach. I was thinking exactly the same as him. But if everyone else could be the Coach of TM and we would still succeed, than how we explain the disaster under Wilmoz ( who has a good resume, at least compare to all other Coaches in Iran). The fact that Sko was able to save us from being eliminated in the early stage of WCQ, changed my mind about him. I am not happy with all the Line-Ups and Subs that he has made, but until now he got the job done and the results he got are impressive.

The game against Koea will give us a better picture, where we stand as a Team with him being in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                    I see Sadeghis point in criticizing the fact that IFF choose someone with a low resume as TM-Coach. I was thinking exactly the same as him. But if everyone else could be the Coach of TM and we would still succeed, than how we explain the disaster under Wilmoz ( who has a good resume, at least compare to all other Coaches in Iran). The fact that Sko was able to save us from being eliminated in the early stage of WCQ, changed my mind about him. I am not happy with all the Line-Ups and Subs that he has made, but until now he got the job done and the results he got are impressive.
                    The game against Koea will give us a better picture, where we stand as a Team with him being in charge.
                    there will be a lot of trashing against skocic now pree world cup since some coaches would dream of taking his job now. so if he doesnt beat korea there will be many coming out in the papers.. and also some bs hashieh created by our sports journalists.

i havnt personaly been biggest supporter of skocic but im happy with him after the performance vs iraq, and only coach id take over him is the retired Guus Miracleman Hiidink.. so I hope federation backs SKocic now because the storm is coming no matter what he does.. its a ungrateful, and they tryed the same vs CQ aswell,

the thing is, in our training games before wc, its nothing abput the result, (the 2 remaining qualifiers we need to win for pot 2 though)
                    so he will be bashed, if he doesnt win, but he needs to use those games for practise, as a pree season. many times teams with bad pree seasons wins the league and teams with good pree seasons flop in the league.. so hope he does his thing, dont read the papers, and aziz khadem holds his back and doesnt panic..
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

CQ talent recognition and balls to actually trust that talent in big moments is something we have not replaced.

He plucked this 22 year old cb out of relative obscurity in their local league. He plays for the 12th place team future fc. He has been the revelation of the tournament, filling in for both starting CBs Wensh and Hegazi brilliantly. Now he is probably the starter over al wensh even when everybody is fit. Many scouts are definitely going to be considering him.Calm on the ball, great reading of the game, combative but controlled demanour.

Their LB ahmed Fattouh has also been great. Another younger guy (23) with good euro potential who CQ trusted more than previous management.

On right side, Akram Tawfik was excellent before his ACL tear.

These 3 guys plus a seasoned PL vet in Hegazi who is still in his prime can form a back 4 that is really strong for many years.

This is just within a few months of taking over. He also called up the talented marmoush kid from stuttgart previous management was not interested in, and rumors are many more german based young egyptians will be included soon.

Meanwhile, in the year 2022, we still rely on:
                      - 34 years old Vahid Amiri in midfield (actually a player CQ also plucked out of relative obscurity when he was a low scoring LW on Naft Tehran, trusted much to many people's questioning in a ton of matches, and then converted into a perfect box to box CM for Russia 2018), give him zero rest or rotation.

-No ezatolahi alternative

-32 years old and quickly declining Shoja Khalilzadeh

-Continuously garbage milad mohammadi still somehow getting minutes (at least here Norafkan is being phased in)

Add to that the bizzarre continued callups of Kaveh, Sarlak, Soroush Rafiei and now Kamyabinia and Faraji...

I find it hard to believe in this entire league there is not one young CB sko can find and trust with at least time in the camp, let alone minutes. I get he was under insane pressure with every game pre qualification literally being the difference between him keeping his job or getting fired, but his short termist approach is a bit concerning. Fallah, Houshmand, Janmaleki are just 3 very talented options. In midfield still affording no minutes to yasin Salmani who is far and away Sepahan's best player, or finding new alternatives to amiri, nourollahi, ezatolahi beside kamyabinia and sarlak is pretty concerning.

I cant help but think that in this time frame CQ wuld have discovered a few really interesting options to help with our problem positionins, with much higher ceiling/ potential to become legionaires and excel on world stage.

Comment

^
                        interesting read abot egypt!
                        offcource you are right, thats one of CQs big strentghs , cant compare that to DS.. we will se what happenes next camp.. as we secured the tickets in this camp..
                        or maybe in the prep games. he must have some sort of planning..
                        but, one can wonder, Hashemian who worked woth CQ for so long could have learned something about phasing in players?

we are 9 months ish away from world cup.. its getting to late now to switch coaches anyway now.. and the alternatives are pretty poor.. plus TM playerd very well against Iraq.
                        Do we play perfect? NO, will we improve?, Yeah i think we will.

problem is trainingcamps before world cup.. fifa scrued us on that one as before teams would have some more time but this wc, if i have understood it correct, is very litle prep time..
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          CQ talent recognition and balls to actually trust that talent in big moments is something we have not replaced.

He plucked this 22 year old cb out of relative obscurity in their local league. He plays for the 12th place team future fc. He has been the revelation of the tournament, filling in for both starting CBs Wensh and Hegazi brilliantly. Now he is probably the starter over al wensh even when everybody is fit. Many scouts are definitely going to be considering him.Calm on the ball, great reading of the game, combative but controlled demanour.

Their LB ahmed Fattouh has also been great. Another younger guy (23) with good euro potential who CQ trusted more than previous management.

These 3 guys plus a seasoned PL vet in Hegazi who is still in his prime can form a back 4 that is really strong for many years.

This is just within a few months of taking over. He also called up the talented marmoush kid from stuttgart previous management was not interested in, and rumors are many more german based young egyptians will be included soon.

- 34 years old Vahid Amiri in midfield (actually a player CQ also plucked out of relative obscurity when he was a low scoring LW on Naft Tehran, trusted much to many people's questioning in a ton of matches, and then converted into a perfect box to box CM for Russia 2018), give him zero rest or rotation.

-Continuously garbage milad mohammadi still somehow getting minutes (at least here Norafkan is being phased in)

Add to that the bizzarre continued callups of Kaveh, Sarlak, Soroush Rafiei and now Kamyabinia and Faraji...

I find it hard to believe in this entire league there is not one young CB sko can find and trust with at least time in the camp, let alone minutes. I get he was under insane pressure with every game pre qualification literally being the difference between him keeping his job or getting fired, but his short termist approach is a bit concerning. Fallah, Houshmand, Janmaleki are just 3 very talented options. In midfield still affording no minutes to yasin Salmani who is far and away Sepahan's best player, or finding new alternatives to amiri, nourollahi, ezatolahi beside kamyabinia and sarlak is pretty concerning.

I cant help but think that in this time frame CQ wuld have discovered a few really interesting options to help with our problem positionins, with much higher ceiling/ potential to become legionaires and excel on world stage.
                          Cq also blindly insist with that g*** shojaei for years, left out Azmoun for wc14 where we scored only one goal!

Y. Salmani found a way to get injured before the January wcq where he could have get minutes.

I also don't like some of sko choice but at least most of undeserved called up don't get playing time. Ok sarlak has playing time but we are really thin in than position and it's not like sko is preferring sarlak to pogba.

It's nice to invite promising young players but contrary to others countries, most of Iranian ones don't confirm the hope : injuries, staying in IPL too long or doing the wrong career choice, deceiving performance.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

I agree, CQ was unique in trusting young players and finding young talents. This was one of his big strengths; i would even argue that this was his biggest strength.

We badly need a CM (Nourollahi is no TM-Material IMO) and have big issues at LB and RB right now. I hope Sko. will take his time and make his homework for solutions in these positions.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                              Cq also blindly insist with that g*** shojaei for years, left out Azmoun for wc14 where we scored only one goal!

Y. Salmani found a way to get injured before the January wcq where he could have get minutes.

I also don't like some of sko choice but at least most of undeserved called up don't get playing time. Ok sarlak has playing time but we are really thin in than position and it's not like sko is preferring sarlak to pogba.

It's nice to invite promising young players but contrary to others countries, most of Iranian ones don't confirm the hope : injuries, staying in IPL too long or doing the wrong career choice, deceiving performance.
                              ofc every coach has some weird personnel choices. I dont think CQ is immune to that, nor should sko be blamed for all of his.

But I think you should also give credit be reasonable when analyzing the shear volume of players CQ introduced to NT either at a young age and trusted with mins OR were unknown quantities in PGPL that he elevated to new level.

Beiro joined TM when he was still on Naft. CQ introduced PAG who was formerly a DM to become star CB of the team. In WC he introduced majid hosseini at an even younger age. He quickly took milad from Terek Grozny and trusted him with many mins in 2018 WCQ and got the best out of him. I described what he did with amiri, the position change was truly remarkable. Trusting Saeid from Atletico C team at age 18 to become defensive lynchpin of Midfield taking over from nekou from very beginning of WCQ...Would sko do that? I see him more likely to go with short term type fixes he prefers now such as Nourollahi (clearly huge technical limitations) and Shoja (declining and error prone).

Taremi was subject of so much ridicule on here but CQ insisted with him, in slightly unorthodox wide role, it took his game to a new level...Then he used his respected position in portuguese coaching circles to find him a perfect fit in Carvalhal for first euro step.

This list is very long and I dont include guys like Azmoun or ARJ whose talent was just too obvious and any coach would recognize.

Comment

cq also probably knew that its easyer to teach a young kid what to do than an older player, who has learned other basics and has to learn all over again + erase old motoric memory..

its easyer then to teach a younger player who is more openminded and want to learn and also energetic, how to do things the way he wants as a coach?
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X