No announcement yet.

Who is our world cup keeper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amir has earned the spot and Beiranvand hasn’t done much in like 2 years now

Comment

AA. Getting consistent playing time, plays with confidence and has the swagger. People are criticizing AA for having clean sheets against Iraq and UAE, forgetting the two goals Beiro let in against Syria. Going with the mentality that Beiro has the experience, we should've started Haghighi for WC2018 since he had the WC2014 experience...

Comment

Shir Amir is da man for the job..!
        shoulda been our WC keeper in Russia as well imo..!

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          I prefer beiro but if his current shape last, then AA
          My feelings too, to my memory, Beiro has rarely let us down in TM. However, I can't see how we can justify playing a keeper that is not active, the WC would not be the stage to test out who is ready to be a GK against the best teams in the world.

In an ideal world, we would now have a clear WC preparation plan booked, with friendlies and training camps, where Beiro would still have time to prove himself. But our federation didn't even prepare friendlies during the stage where we had to win all of our remaining WCQs to make it to the WC. Now that we are there, they have no urgency to do anything... With all this, we have to resort to Abedzadeh and see if he can handle the pressure of the WC, and react accordingly.
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Amir is in better form but Beiro has more potential. There r some shots Morocco had against us I don’t think Abedzadeh could have saved…

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
              Not a fan of Amir as no1 as i believe he will eventually cost us a goal or two(hope not), but other keepers situations are kind of terrible i would say.
              So if you want reward performance, Amir should start.
              Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
              If your standard is a goalkeeper never cost you a goal, I don't think such a goalkeeper exists. Every keeper will cost you a goal every once in a while... the question is how often...
              If you are saying that AA is more likely to cost us a goal compared to AB, then that is a different argument but I am not sure. Peak performance AA and peak performance AB is a tie for me. But given that AB's confidence is in the toilet and he has not played in a long time, I would say right now, the chance of AB costing us a goal is much higher than AA. AA is a more consistent goalkeeper. May not have as many amazing saves as AB, but won't make as many silly mistakes.

Comment

Never under estimate experience!

When a man with experience meets a man with money, the man with money ends up with the experience and the man with experience ends up with money!

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                  Never under estimate experience!

When a man with experience meets a man with money, the man with money ends up with the experience and the man with experience ends up with money!
                  Bring back Haghighi, he's got experience!

Comment

I think Abedzadeh is better right now but idk I just can't imagine him diving and reaching for some of the crazy shots that Beiro has saved in the past. I 100% acknowledge that the only reason I think this is because we have yet to see Abedzadeh make a huge save for TM, but anyways, that is just what I think for now. At the same time, beiro sometimes has a very loose and goofy vibe that doesn't make him seem strong

Comment

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/24...World-Cup-2018

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                        My feelings too, to my memory, Beiro has rarely let us down in TM. However, I can't see how we can justify playing a keeper that is not active, the WC would not be the stage to test out who is ready to be a GK against the best teams in the world.

In an ideal world, we would now have a clear WC preparation plan booked, with friendlies and training camps, where Beiro would still have time to prove himself. But our federation didn't even prepare friendlies during the stage where we had to win all of our remaining WCQs to make it to the WC. Now that we are there, they have no urgency to do anything... With all this, we have to resort to Abedzadeh and see if he can handle the pressure of the WC, and react accordingly.
                        Does Iran have any friendlies scheduled?

Comment

Working...
                        X